Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Falling into the trap of PC. Can't see what problem this action fixes.

Following the massacre on June 12th at an Orlando, Fl. night club, "assault-style" guns are no longer being sold at four Coast Guard exchange stores.

Chief operating officer for Coast Guard exchanges, John Riley, says assault-style guns are defined as semi-automatic guns with magazines with a capacity of at least 20 rounds.

The Coast Guard base in Kodiak is the largest in the Pacific.

Riley says banning the sale of the weapons has been an idea the Guard has been looking at for several months, but the tragedy in Orlando was the tipping point.

http://www.youralaskalink.com/news/...eaa54e8-398f-11e6-84b8-2f0c9dcc16cd.html

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
'Cause the Orlando shooting was carried out by a Coastie with an AR he bought on base? How dumb can people get?

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I would think the CG would be promoting private sales of a gun that is very similar to the issue weapon.

("gun" and "weapon" terms carefully chosen)

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Be willing to bet they don't ban muslims though.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great. Now the Coastie officers that have survived Obungo's purge can feel warm and fuzzy.

Originally Posted by mark shubert
I would think the CG would be promoting private sales of a gun that is very similar to the issue weapon.

("gun" and "weapon" terms carefully chosen)

Seriously????

You apparently have no personal military experience. The military and govt are all about control. Those degreed fools that make the rules and policy look out for themselves first. If any of them think for one second that pushing a moronic policy will give them another step to the top, they'll be going full-used-car salesman on anyone who entertains the idea of hearing the sales pitch.

The idiot that implemented this policy is on track for an early promotion and a get-over dream assignment.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, that's it then. Problem solved. Heck, THAT was easy! And that is it. This decision does nothing at all. It makes it look like they are doing something, and it's easy. Kinda odd though, that people are afraid of the firearm, but preach love and roses for the people that pull the trigger.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use to buy fishing gear at that Exchange, but their guns were always too expensive... Not all USCG exchanges have guns but the one nearby in Chesapeake still has them.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
There likely ain't 1/2 dozen CG exchanges that carry guns.

This is what happens when you make the military a social experiment. Open the doors to F A GS, promote women and blacks because they are women and black.

Damn shame what is going on in the military.

I'll also add, one of the worse days in recent history was the creation of the Patriot Act and most certainly the creation of DHS.

I saw the CG change SO much, and not for the better, after becoming a part of DHS.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yes, I will be retiring soon.... will not miss a lot of the DHS stuff... When we came under DHS we were the largest outfit.... under DOT we were pretty small and left alone.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
DOT didn't know what we did and they didn't care. They gave us money and said 'Go do good things'

IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And after Ft Hood you'd think it should be the ohter way around.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Women in f a gs in the BIG offices, shameful.

Women and f a gs need to be working in Starbucks.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A couple years ago on the show Coast Guard Alaska they showed one of the rescue swimmers off duty. He took his two young kids out to the rifle range to plink - with an AR15. Loved it, bet it made heads spin in DC grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The Navy stopped selling guns a long time ago, when clinton banned personal firearms from bases. The Marines still sell them and have no problems with them, but I did not realize the CG still did it. Too bad they stopped.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Accomplishes nothing but making some idiotic PC azzholes feel good & allows them to say that THEY DID SOME-THING.

MM

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hill AFB still sells guns in the BX. I haven't looked in a while, but they had bolt action rifles and shotguns on display the last time I noticed. Might've been an AR in there.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ban the ban muslims and save lives.

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Accomplishes nothing but making some idiotic PC azzholes feel good & allows them to say that THEY DID SOME-THING.

MM

yup.

Gotta do SOMETHING, even if it's wrong.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Hill AFB still sells guns in the BX. I haven't looked in a while, but they had bolt action rifles and shotguns on display the last time I noticed. Might've been an AR in there.

Mountain Home AFB BX has a rack full of AR-style rifles....but then we's rednecks here....

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BigNate
'Cause the Orlando shooting was carried out by a Coastie with an AR he bought on base? How dumb can people get?

No, more to do with encouraging gays to joy the service... show them a little love! wink

Never question how dumb people CAN be... there is no bottom to that pit.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (7mm_Loco, 007FJ, 44mc, 10gaugemag, 35, Akhutr, 10 invisible), 1,508 guests, and 781 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.