N
Extra deer for me. Need to get the wife to check

GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
45 rifle antelope for me. What a surprise!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nice Bob, 40 speed goats for me

100% Public land DIY!
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Congrats! Give me a shout if you pass by here.

Bob
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Since I put in for Cali Bighorns, I was constrained to unlimited draws...and picked up a unit 61 deer tag.

I will take it.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rifle antelope in Idaho is about as rare as a sheep or goat tag these days...you guys did good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got my unlimited archery antelope for 46. Will be my first time trying that.

Didn't apply for unlimited archery deer in 54 just so I could hunt with bow and rifle in some open hunts. Hope that wasn't a mistake...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Tinman,

No kidding, I was shocked! What I really haven't talked about is my NV desert sheep tag that I drew this year also. <grin>

Wanna come rub my lucky rabbit's foot?

Bob
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I put the kids and I in for area 78. No luck, so I guess it's otc general for us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Tinman,

No kidding, I was shocked! What I really haven't talked about is my NV desert sheep tag that I drew this year also. <grin>

Well please take this with love....but [bleep] You!

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nov/Dec cow elk for me!
Daughter drew this last year and we filled the tag right on our place. Hope for a repeat of that.

Should be a fun season....Oct. for daughter's bull moose draw, Nov. for OTC muley down on the Salmon and then cow elk draw.

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Broomd,

Congrats man. Sounds like a winning season.get the kiddo out and easy (relatively) meat in the freezer. Good luck!

Bob
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Tinman,

I love ya man! Now go post more pics in the basement! Grin.

Bob
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Son and I drew Bulls in Unit 50 - I also drew an early antelope archery tag in 46. Should be a fun year.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Broomd,

Congrats man. Sounds like a winning season.get the kiddo out and easy (relatively) meat in the freezer. Good luck!

Thanks Bob, good luck on a fun season for you too! *envious* need that tag for slam...

Originally Posted by centershot
Son and I drew Bulls in Unit 50 - I also drew an early antelope archery tag in 46. Should be a fun year.

Great units both. I've spent considerable time in each for bighorn and mnt goat. Great country with some great animals.
I have video of us glassing for mnt goat when about 18 bull elk came over a pass at about 10,000' in unit 50.

N
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
N
Congratulations to the lucky ones!

The wife struck out on the antlerless elk but pulled an extra doe. We'll use the extra meat!

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
My second choice rifle cow in Unit 51 came through, so better than a jab in the eye.

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
new guy here been reading for awhile but after the draw came out i was excited enough i had to join to post here... i drew 30A muzzleloader antelope AND 29 bull elk!

antelope with the flintlock is going to be fun, i was planning on doing the late 29 muzzleloader cow hunt this year but Im thrilled with the 29 bull tag and the kimber needs love too

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
29 is a hell of an elk unit, and right in your backyard. A friend drew that in about '98 or so...what a great hunt it was.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Tinman,

I love ya man! Now go post more pics in the basement! Grin.

I knew you were a lurker! Everyone seems to be...laugh

W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
Im very much looking forward to it, 29 is a big unit, I am very familiar with the north end around Salmon but not so much around Leadore to the INL, lots of scouting to do. We'll see how the fire season goes, hopefully I get lots of time to hunt and don't have to work straight through october!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We were up northwest of Lemhi...Bear Valley? Can't totally remember as it has been close to 20 years. I know McDevit Creek still has potential, with good chucker hunting as well.

Have fun with that hunt.

Last edited by T_Inman; 06/25/16.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Woohoo! We drew 52 antelope. We haven't drawn in close to 20 years. We also got cow elk tags. We hunt a unit where the drawing odds are very high so we draw 2 out of 3 years there.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I gots nuffn'

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Congrats Rockchuck. I guess it's been almost 20 years for me as well......since 97.

Bob
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by centershot

Great units both. I've spent considerable time in each for bighorn and mnt goat. Great country with some great animals.
I have video of us glassing for mnt goat when about 18 bull elk came over a pass at about 10,000' in unit 50. [/quote]

Pretty excited about the Elk tags. I have shot a few bulls archery in there but never have been able to draw a rifle tag. Last fall deer hunting in the same area I about had to shoo a 6 point bull out of the way every morning on my way to the bucks. Usually see several good bulls each year bowhunting but end up shooting the first one I get close to. I have shot several antelope on the that early archery tag also. It's a fun one that is great to draw if you end up archery elk hunting. It starts Aug. 15 so I usually have one before the archery deer/elk kicks off in Sept. At any rate I should be able to drag my hunting out for 2 1/2 months this fall!

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
We hunted deer in 50 a couple years ago. We didn't see any deer at all but we saw lots of elk, including a few nice bulls. In a grove of trees way up on a hillside, we found 3 bull skeletons from the previous year. All 3 were missing the antlers and leg bones. I assume some hunters jumped a herd and shot all of them at once. They took the antlers and probably boned them out.

― George Orwell

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
I drew 42 late season mule deer. I haven't hunted that country for 25 years (before the 2 point only rule change). Not sure what to expect as far as numbers of bucks and size class.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Herd some cows down to the upper end of 51. Coffee will be on.

Originally Posted by wildfire45
Im very much looking forward to it, 29 is a big unit, I am very familiar with the north end around Salmon but not so much around Leadore to the INL, lots of scouting to do. We'll see how the fire season goes, hopefully I get lots of time to hunt and don't have to work straight through october!

A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.
Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by idnative1948
Herd some cows down to the upper end of 51. Coffee will be on.

Originally Posted by wildfire45
Ah, I LOVE being retired! About 5 years ago I figured I wasn't going to be backpacking elk quarters for too many more years so I bought some pack llamas. I figure they added a good 5 years to my hunting years, not to mention just being fun to use in the mountains.

― George Orwell

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Got a doe tag. Just called my kids to have them check on their draws. Wife missed out on moose tag.'

one boy got a doe tag, other struck out...

Last edited by Bently; 06/30/16.

Regards,
Ben
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 66 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.