Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I Gotta start by sharing a little factual disclaimer. I paid for the work done with no trade for any type of endorsement or agreement to support the business. I had it done because I believe in the process and the success I've had with the last bow I sent him.

I bought an Elite Energy 32 a few years ago. It's a brilliant bow which had rave reviews from many across the web. It's really one of the top rated best bows made. I used it to shoot some of the best groups of my life and I killed a number of big trophies including big hogs and a couple huge bears.

I sent it to crossed arrows archery, Harlons business, he restrung and dialed it in. Right from the first shot it was dead silent and without any vibration in my hand. This was clearly even better then when new! The draw is smoother, ..... And did I mention silent?

How does a bow with new strings get even quieter then the brand new one from the factory? There was something clearly better with the timing. It draws noticeably smoother and upon release all I hear is the impact of the arrow.

It's stacking arrows like magic, and just made a bow I really liked into the bow I will default to for years to come. What a way to save a lot of money. No need to shop for something new and better. My trusty elite is now even better then before. Better then new! I really don't know what he does, or how he makes everything click so perfectly smooth. Elite should hire him to dial in every bow before they ship it. Or maybe Mathews, he did this same magic on my old switchback too. You know the saying, I don't care how the sausage is made I just like to eat it. Well this is how I feel about Harlons work. I don't understand what he does, but I love to shoot this bow!

Thank you Harlon, you made a passion of mine even better.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Jim,

Great endorsement. I'll be looking at new bows this weekend, but the top two contenders are Elite and Prime. I'll probably shoot a few more also, but I'll bet you I bring one of those two brands home.

I've a friend here in town who also makes strings and tunes bows, but I'll leave that to my own thread when I get my new bow in hand.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good to hear it worked out for you. I have always been hesitant to use a service like that. I know they can tune it, but fitting a bow to the archer is nearly impossible without personal service. And trusting (as well as paying for) the USPS with my bow is never a great feeling.

It really is nice when you have a competent shop to service your bows. My local shop, Advantage Archery is very good.

Prior to my latest rig (with past parallel limbs) I always serviced my own. Don't have a press for the new one. Amazing what 1/2 twist of a cable can do for the feel of a bow.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For those who dont know, im a whole bunch of miles away from JJ. I have never met him in person. So of course he wasnt present when i restrung/tuned his bow. All i had were his bow and 3 arrows. And i certainly appreciate the kind words JJ. Was my pleasure to work on your bow.

Crossed Arrows Archery LLC
Authorized Obsession Bows Dealer
Custom Strings/Tuning
www.crossedarrowsarcheryllc.com
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If I ever decide to move forward from 1992 bow, you'll be the first and last one I call!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I work on antiques too. As long as it doesnt have steel cables i will work on it

Custom Strings/Tuning
Black Eagle Arrows Pro Staff, Montana Black Gold Shooting Staff, Dead Center Archery Products Shooting Staff
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I may need to send you one of my babies brother smile

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I may need to send you one of my babies brother smile

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 280Ackleyrized
I work on antiques too. As long as it doesnt have steel cables i will work on it

All compound bows come with steel cables. No? LOL. Guess you don't want my PSE Fire Flite then. Still has steel cables.

Only thing I have that doesn't have steel cables is my brackenbury....

One of these days if I ever think I can bowhunt again and give up the cross bow, I"ll buy a new one and let you do the magic. I used to do all the tuning in a small bow shop in the early 80s. Its amazing how well you can get a bow to shoot and how quite you can get it to be if all you know how to do is done.

OTOH you'd be surprised how much you can't quiet a 96 pound ??? Vector first cam bow I ever had, with big cams and shooting some super light AL arrow... for the day it was fast. But sounded like a 22LR going off.. no matter what you did... would have had to go to a super heavy arrow I think... but I digress.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I still have access to a string builder that keeps all the old d97, fast flight, etc string materials on hand. What I dont have is access to new steel cables or to someone that can build them. Otherwise id gladly work on those too

Custom Strings/Tuning
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 43 invisible), 2,710 guests, and 1,165 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,513
Posts18,452,664
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.