Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I was really surprised that Scotland voted in the majority to stay in the EU. And it seems that they are renewing the effort to vote again on their own independence from the United Kingdom.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
BP-B2

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jdm953
THIS
Originally Posted by KFWA
Britain should just be thankful Abe Lincoln isn't in charge of the EU.

Nato would be bombing them right now

NATO and the EU are totally separate entities. NATO has 22 members (including the US and Canada) while the EU has 28 (including the UK, but no US or Canada). They do cooperate, but are separate and it is doubtful whether the US or Canada would permit NATO to intervene.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
thanks for clarifying the "if Abe Lincoln was in charge analogy"

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I was really surprised that Scotland voted in the majority to stay in the EU. And it seems that they are renewing the effort to vote again on their own independence from the United Kingdom.

I expect Scotland to withdraw from the UK (it is already independent except for several issues) so it can completely withdraw and remain in the EU. Following a referendum in 1997, the Scotland Act 1998 was passed by the British Parliament to establish a Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government with responsibility for most laws specific to Scotland (most notably defense and international diplomatic issues remain with the UK).

Scotland and Northern Ireland have benefited from EU membership (as has the entire UK) and may vote to separate from the UK; this may portend the dissolution of the UK as we know it.

I expect that Scotland will completely secede from the UK and establish itself as an independent nation with EU and NATO membership.

Last edited by djs; 06/25/16.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

I expect Scotland to withdraw from the UK (it is already independent except for several issues) so it can completely withdraw and remain in the EU. Following a referendum in 1997, the Scotland Act 1998[120] was passed by the British Parliament to establish a Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government with responsibility for most laws specific to Scotland (most notably defense and international diplomatic issues remain with the UK).

Scotland and Northern Ireland have benefited from EU membership (as has the entire UK) and may vote to separate from the UK; this may portend the dissolution of the UK as we know it.

I expect that Scotland will completely secede from the UK and establish itself as an independent nation with EU and NATO membership.

I think your analogy is spot on but would hate to see that happen.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by djs
Those who voted for BREXIT tended to be older and less educated. Like in the US, these folks have been less prepared to the changes that have occurred with globalization (which is good for economic growth). One British commentator noted that the majority of those who voted for BREXIT) will live for an average of 16 years while those favoring remaining in the EU have an average life expectancy of 69 years remaining. Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view.

I believe that Britain will rue the day they took this vote. Already, several major manufacturers are discussing relocating to the continent (with the expected lay-offs in Britain) and several large corporations are making noises of relocating their corporate headquarters. Currently, Britain has the lowest unemployment rate (55) in the EU - this is expected to change over the next few years (upward).

We can only speculate the long term consequences of this vote, but it is not expected to be good.

I think you are using the term "less educated" in place of "less indoctrinated "
It is a common mistake among those overly educated.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by djs
Those who voted for BREXIT tended to be older and less educated. Like in the US, these folks have been less prepared to the changes that have occurred with globalization (which is good for economic growth). One British commentator noted that the majority of those who voted for BREXIT) will live for an average of 16 years while those favoring remaining in the EU have an average life expectancy of 69 years remaining. Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view.

I believe that Britain will rue the day they took this vote. Already, several major manufacturers are discussing relocating to the continent (with the expected lay-offs in Britain) and several large corporations are making noises of relocating their corporate headquarters. Currently, Britain has the lowest unemployment rate (55) in the EU - this is expected to change over the next few years (upward).

We can only speculate the long term consequences of this vote, but it is not expected to be good.

Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!

The youth in Brittain, even more so than here, don't have a clue. All they know is what was taught them in schools and colleges and on the globalist government controlled media.

Last edited by kciH; 06/25/16.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Wasn't the youth vote a big part of the Brexit? I think it was according to what was on the news.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They were quite heavily against it, as the government came out and told them their "free schidt" would be in jeopardy. The UK is much like the U.S. in that the youth are happy to see the country flooded with immigrants that do the jobs that are considered beneath them...as they sit on the dole with a degree.

They did the same thing with Scottish independence, even going so far as opening the vote to 16 year olds!

Generations of indoctrination in government controlled schools and by professors and reporters with similar indoctrination/agendas...and folks wonder at the "changes"!

Last edited by kciH; 06/25/16.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kciH
They were quite heavily against it, as the government came out and told them their "free schidt" would be in jeopardy. The UK is much like the U.S. in that the youth are happy to see the country flooded with immigrants that do the jobs that are considered beneath them...as they sit on the dole with a degree.

They did the same thing with Scottish independence, even going so far as opening the vote to 16 year olds!

Generations of indoctrination in government controlled schools and by professors and reporters with similar indoctrination/agendas...and folks wonder at the "changes"!

Remind you of the Bernie Sanders crowd?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RWE
if it is all backlash over immigration policies, leaving is all well and good.

What will they all do about their immigrants?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The enlightened youth gave us the POS in the White House.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by djs

Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!

The youth in Brittain, even more so than here, don't have a clue. All they know is what was taught them in schools and colleges and on the globalist government controlled media.

"Younger folks tend to take a longer-range view? LMAO. The younger generation is lucky to look past the end of their nose!"

By younger, I was referring to those in their early-mid 30's, not 20 year olds. These folks have 30+ years to work and then a retirement that my extend for another 30 years. A 60 year old with lesser education is approaching retirement and their work life is nearing its' end. The younger generation has (generally) greater education and a more professional or white-collar employment. Just as in the US, blue-collar employment has dropped as jobs have gone overseas, while professional/white-collar employment has grown. This younger generation is concerned that their future will be diminished.

Keep in mind that US manufacturing is at its' all time high, but with productivity gains and automation, many manufacturing jobs have disappeared - never to return.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
[quote=hatari]Brexit is a vote against one World government. The EU is governed from Brussels not by elected officials, but by appointed functionaries. Those functionaries are not accountable to the people. Brits finally got fed up with authorities from across the Channel running AND ruining their country.

I could be wrong, but I believe you are right. In my mind I can connect the dots to see what you are seeing, as part of it they are trying to destabilize by using immagration, what I can't connect is how they transfer all power to a central Government. It seems there would be a all inclusive world war as to which country would house the Govermental seat. I just hope I'm wrong and even stupid for thinking they are attempting to do this.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

Are you talking about George HW Bush and his New World Order?
And his implementing NAFTA? A border-less society.

For modern times that is where is started.

Sept 11 1990

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SU35

Are you talking about George HW Bush and his New World Order?
And his implementing NAFTA? A border-less society.

For modern times that is where is started.

Sept 11 1990

------------------------------------------------------------------
I remember it well -made me sick to hear hw speak of it.

He can KMA -so can his boys.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by djs

I'm not sure what your sources are, but that runs counter to just about every astute analysis that I've read. As in 180 degrees opposite of what most economists think will really happen. Within a couple of months when everyone realizes that the sky won't fall, the UK economy will be buzzing. It will be an ideal spot for "european" corporate headquarters going forward as well, since it will no longer be bound by EU regulations.

The main "unintended" consequence will be that numerous other better-developed countries will run for the exits now also, in order to get on the gravy train that the UK will have rolling within a year.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hatari
...The EU is governed from Brussels not by elected officials, but by appointed functionaries. Those functionaries are not accountable to the people. Brits finally got fed up with authorities from across the Channel running AND ruining their country...

That's exactly what our own government feels like, a bunch of foreigners, with nothing much to lose, monitoring our every move, telling us what's good for us and just what we are allowed to do. While taxing us to death.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You can argue all you want that a European Union was a good idea. Maybe it was. However, the EU was poorly thought out. If they wanted a union that would have worked better, they would have formed a republic. As it was, the EU was just a half-azzed attempt.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
BREXIT.

Stage right.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
634 members (257_X_50, 1234, 257Bob, 06hunter59, 257man, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,968 guests, and 1,295 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,664
Posts18,399,333
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.