Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by TheKid
If you get an EAA my experience is that you should steer well shy of the polymer framed models, I've had several of the poly 10mms come through the shop that were unreliable garbage. The all steel ones are ammo eating machines, very nice pistols.

Having heard you're a rather big fellow Gunner you might look at the 3rd Gen S&Ws. They are all SS and the one I have is as reliable as a claw hammer. They're just big.
I've owned a lot of 10mm's. Gunner didn't ask about other-than-1911-designs, but since we're there, the 1006 is the best 10mm IMO.

The 1006 is just a beast. Single-stack, heavy, but will gobble up anything you feed it and always come back for more. Stone axe reliable, and nicely accurate.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Delta's are very pretty guns, but that's about all they've got going for them. The Delta in polished stainless is just beautiful.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
The only 10mm I have owned that I had any trouble with was a RIA which would jam frequently. I have had a Delta Elite and a DW Bobtail Commander that were excellent. The DW fed everything I put in it. I am still waiting on Sig to produce their 1911 in 10mm which according to their rep should be soon

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gunner500
1911 10mm?

The very thought of those 2 words together, reviles me.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Gunner,

Due to the generally good reviews (excluding safaiman's as it was probably all bullshit) I picked up a new RIA 10mm, single stack. It was my second RIA, the first being a 9mm... which functioned 100%. I'd looked at the Dan Wesson's but wasn't sure I wanted to invest that much coin as I wasn't sure the 10mm was a cartridge I would stay with (I've got and am a big fanboy of the 45 Super).

But back to my RIA 10mm... the magazine falls out every one to 5 rounds (yes I tried a diff. mag.), other than that it fails to feed approx. every 4 or 5 rounds. I'm not worried as RIA reputedly has semi-decent customer service so I am confident they will make it right. Still it is one of the few gun purchases I regret. Next time I'll buy once and cry once. If I go 10mm again it will be a S&W 1006, Sig or Dan Wesson.

Dan Wesson does their 1911's in batches, if the supply of 10mm's is low... you will have to wait a few months or so.

Jerry

Si vis pacem, para bellum
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by pacecars
The only 10mm I have owned that I had any trouble with was a RIA which would jam frequently. I have had a Delta Elite and a DW Bobtail Commander that were excellent. The DW fed everything I put in it. I am still waiting on Sig to produce their 1911 in 10mm which according to their rep should be soon

I would be very interested in a SIG external extractor 1911/10mm with target sights, I might have to get one of those anyway. I am glad I passed on the RIA 10mm!!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have nothing bad to say about my Kimber Stainless Target II in 10mm, although others might.

I had a electroless nickel Witness Compact for a time. I would advise against one of those. It never did work right and EAA basically told me to go pound sand when I asked them to make it right. I do not believe that pistol has enough slide mass to handle the 10mm. It would sling empties an easy 40 feet. I don't know if it was my shooting technique,or whatever, but it would occasionally staple you right in the forehead with one of those cases...it WOULD leave a mark.

Let us know how that RIA works out for you.

Last edited by kciH; 06/27/16.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Follow your heart but until you own a Delta you're just another loser roaming the earth.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by jimmyp

I would be very interested in a SIG external extractor 1911/10mm with target sights, I might have to get one of those anyway. I am glad I passed on the RIA 10mm!!!

I believe you'll see it sooner than you think.

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by deflave
Follow your heart but until you own a Delta you're just another loser roaming the earth.

Clark

Very true for some.

The Delta Elite is hard to beat. Especially the newest version.

There are some tricks that make it better. The newest version comes with Colt's two spring system. Replace those springs with a Wolf single unit. A full length guide rod helps in my experience also. When Colt used a single spring, it was a 23# spring. Wolf sells a 20#,22# and 24# for this gun. I have had the best luck with the 20# spring when using a square bottom firing pin stop in conjunction.

Hand loading the 10mm.
Use Star Brass only. They use a different grain structure along with heat treating for the 10mm, .460 Rowland and a couple others. Do everything possible to eliminate bullet setback. Clean your fired case completely. Use a polished expander plug to reduce it another .001 or .002. The coke bottle step after seating the bullet is a good thing.

My Delta Elite works well with any jacketed or hard cast bullet that I have tried.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I would agree with Gibby's advice, be careful when loading 10mm - also when shooting it!

Mike

G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks for the tips Kid, but I'll stay with a 1911 of some sort or other.

10-4 on the canuck model Viking, it's probably better than the RIA. grin

Tmitch, got a local dealer that said for me to come by and handle the Sigs, he's got shelves of em in stock! smile

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Jerry, as much as you like your P226 you really should look at the P220 10, and I believe they make it in a single action Only model

Have to have one without the rail G-12, I'll check em out.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I actually just sold my P220 Elite 10mm. Nice gun, but I prefer the 1911.

The Colt Deltas tend to be very reliable, and less fussy about mags & ammo than other guns. They do not have fully supported chambers so the heaviest loads are risky. I've owned 4 of them over the years.

The Kimbers do have fully supported chambers. They also have MIM parts and will likely need some tuning to correct fussy feeding.

The DW's are better made, and have better sights IMO - the Silverback is a real neat design - it borrows a lot of styling tips from Nighthawk. I agree the Silverback is a neat choice...The Nighthawks are more highly finished, and arguably are the best of them all.

Thanks for all that Tex, did your 220-10mm shoot well?

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Have heard for years the 1006's were tanks EE, but, I'm ugly enough, got to have a pretty guns and a pretty wife to offset.laugh

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G

Damn, I was scared I was gonna hear that, thanks pacecars, that might save a man some money on a re-buy. cry

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by gunner500
1911 10mm?

The very thought of those 2 words together, reviles me.

MM

Yeah, like:
1911/9mm
1911/40S&W

But none are as bad as:

demotardsinvading/Montana

45ACP/Glock sick sick

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Gotdamn!, strike two on the ria's, thanks JWW.

Looking like DW, or bite hard and get a Nighthawk, or STI.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Thanks kciH, bleve I'm spooked offa the RIA's for now.

Trump Won!
G
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Clark

Thanks for the heartfelt conveyance.

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

631 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1beaver_shooter, 1234, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,244
Posts18,447,948
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.