24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,593 of 1,842 1 2 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1841 1842
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We must have got some of that Unobtanium down in the areas I hunt. Either that or I just really suck at seeing deer.......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I gotta brag on my son and his buddies a bit here guys. Eric and Lindsay came up from Indiana for the weekend. Eric's got a group of guys that get together a couple times a year up at Chengwatana State Forest for a day of shooting on the public range. I went with these guys last year, and found them all to be good, well mannered young men, and very safe at the range. What impressed me the most, was their concern about leaving the range in better shape than they found it. Everyone was picking up litter, target debris, and shell casings.

Nice to know my son has some good friends. The highlight of the day for me was my son giving me a FEG clone of a Browning Hi Power. I've always wanted one of these, and he just gave me one. We've swapped a few guns back and forth the last couple years, and he'll end up with all my stuff anyways, but I was really overjoyed with his generosity. The gun came with 4 magazines, including a 30 rounder.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eric and I pulled out of Chengwatana State Forest in front of the nasty weather that blew through that area. If anyone's been back to the State range in there, they know about the road in. Most of it cuts through a swamp-dirt road all the way. We talked to some of the guys who were still there when we left. They got caught in the storm that moved through, and it ended up getting a little sporty getting out of there. They got 3 1\2 inches of rain in less than ah hour there tonight, and the road was flooding and washing out, and that's the only road out of there. We had noted that the water in the swamp on each side of the road was high all ready, probably within a foot of going onto the road at that time. 'Sounds like everyone made it out, but I guess it got a little touch and go getting through some of the low spots for them.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eric and his lovely wife pull out this morning headed back to Indiana. It was a really good weekend, and I hate to see my boy going home to Indiana. We will match up again for deer season opener in Pennsylvania. It is hard that they live so far away from us. Their pending move to North Carolina won't make it easier. Oh well, I guess they're only a flight away. Maybe once he gets settled, we will do some deer hunting down there together. Good bye, good luck, and Godspeed, Son.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
The kids and I headed up to Duluth for a few grad parties this weekend. The weather was really nice for the most part up there but the fishing was not. We got weathered off the river on Saturday afternoon but the storm only lasted an hour or so.

We fished for trout in the Lester River on Saturday and then for whatever was biting on Island Lake on Sunday, mid-morning before the grad party that was only a few miles away. We got a few bites on Saturday, I lost fish of some sort on Sunday. It had teeth because it bit off my 4# test Vanish I was using.

It was fun to fish with the kids and mostly play around in my old stomping grounds.

It was a good weekend.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad you had a good weekend Tom. Eric and Lindsay just left, so we're a bit melancholy around here right now.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
The wife and I decided to go on a little getaway so we packed up the truck and went to Bemidji and stayed in a neat little cabin. The cabins were built in the 1920's. Very rustic. It was a fun weekend.

Gopher - It sounds like your boy and his buddies are good kids.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
At lunch today Joey told Nathan and I that his "Sugar pressure" was low.

Does anybody have a syrup pump I could borrow?

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
That's awesome!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave
At lunch today Joey told Nathan and I that his "Sugar pressure" was low.

Does anybody have a syrup pump I could borrow?

grin

Ya, I'm guessin' the little guy is usually lke this;

[Linked Image]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rooster7
The wife and I decided to go on a little getaway so we packed up the truck and went to Bemidji and stayed in a neat little cabin. The cabins were built in the 1920's. Very rustic. It was a fun weekend.

Gopher - It sounds like your boy and his buddies are good kids.
Thanks for the kind words. I'll relay the message to Eric and the guys. They really are a good bunch.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Oh I'd still keep an eye on Rooster. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
9 years ago today, was a terrible day.

There was a plane crash, my best friend was on the plane.

A crushing day, absolutely crushing.

Something clever here.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I knew we were coming up on this day.

I'm sorry you lost your best friend...I can't begin to know how you feel, but you know where I stand for the Shaws and Waylon and Dusty's family. I'll be here.

Last edited by tzone; 06/28/16.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by northern_dave
9 years ago today, was a terrible day.

There was a plane crash, my best friend was on the plane.

A crushing day, absolutely crushing.

"Crushing" is a good word for it. I'll also add devastating and surreal. Like this can't be real. It just can't be...

I have another very good friend that had a tumor removed from his brain at the Mayo clinic last week. He went to get the results of the tests yesterday and they gave him 5 years tops. frown This day sucks

Last edited by Rooster7; 06/28/16.

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
To no one in particular...Go hug your kids and thank your lucky stars for your days you have. I don't mean to sound like a Bob Ross painting with happy trees and friendly clouds, but lets be thankful for what we have.

I've watched some F'd up stuff the last few days and MAN and I thankful for what I've had in life so far and for where I don't live!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Well said T.

Now my sister just emailed me and my niece is getting a CT scan on her head. She has been sick and dizzy for awhile now.

Some campfire prayers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Important, truthful words/sentiments there Tommy !

Love 'em everyday you got 'em.

Even a full life is short !

Paul.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Coming your way Looster !

Paul.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Thanks Paul

Page 1,593 of 1,842 1 2 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
241 members (300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 26 invisible), 1,652 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,926
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.