Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Gun sales are on a pace to break last year's record of more than 23 million, a boon to the U.S. industry and gun stores thanks to election-year worries about gun control and recent terror attacks, according to government figures and experts.

Under Obama, background checks for guns reached 141.4 million through the end of May, amounting to sales of about 52,600 a day, according to the FBI. Last year, the FBI conducted more than 23 million background checks, which are generally used to figure sales of new and used weapons.

Domestically, manufacturers have reported producing about 21,000 guns a day, or more than 46 million in Obama's first six years in office.

And should Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton continue to best Republican Donald Trump in the polls, sales could hit new highs, according to industry experts.

Are the shelves stripped bare of AR's?

BP-B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Barkoff

Are the shelves stripped bare of AR's?

Went by Cabela's today to pick up something else and noticed their shelves still had lots of AR's, even some on the used racks. Only one person at the counter and she was buying a pistol. Also had the best selection of powder and primers on the shelf that I've ever seen in there. Got some CCI small rifle primers that were on sale for $27/thousand. Pretty good price, especially for Cabela's.

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same." - Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Gun sales are on a pace to break last year's record of more than 23 million, a boon to the U.S. industry and gun stores thanks to election-year worries about gun control and recent terror attacks, according to government figures and experts.

Under Obama, background checks for guns reached 141.4 million through the end of May, amounting to sales of about 52,600 a day, according to the FBI. Last year, the FBI conducted more than 23 million background checks, which are generally used to figure sales of new and used weapons.

Domestically, manufacturers have reported producing about 21,000 guns a day, or more than 46 million in Obama's first six years in office.

And should Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton continue to best Republican Donald Trump in the polls, sales could hit new highs, according to industry experts.

Outstanding news. Couple years ago I was in court with an elderly judge who had been appointed to handle a case. He brought four of his retired blue-haired friends with him---couple older gals and guys. Presumably, all had artificial hips and pace makers. What was cool though (and the point of this post) is that all of them (including the elderly judge) had just a few days earlier gone out and bought AR-15s!! They were stoked about taking delivery and going out to shoor their new rifles.

The AR is the modern equivalent of a Winchester 30-30 lever gun.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
in 8 years Sturm Ruger stock has risen from $7.50 a share to $63+

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by bea175
I hope these numbers triple by election day
I'm not sure they can make guns that fast.

NICS check numbers are way high if being considered as new guns only... used guns get NICS checks just like new...

Not unless they are sold by an FFL in most states.

There's no limit to the number of guns that can be transferred with just one NICS call

NICS numbers are always lower than actual sales

Last edited by Snyper; 06/27/16.

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i'm doing my part. love them obama gun sales.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by logger

And it seems the Democrats are seemingly going to make gun control a very central part of their 2016 campaign - much more so than in any previous election cycle.

Electoral suicide.... short memory, there.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun

That also doesn't cover used gun sales in the majority of states which don't required FFL transfer for private sales.

And don't forget the "gunshow loophole" where anyone can buy a gun without a check even if the seller is an FFL holder...least that's what the gun grabbers tell me.....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Snyper

NICS check numbers are way high if being considered as new guns only... used guns get NICS checks just like new...

There's no limit to the number of guns that can be transferred with just one NICS call

Almost all GunBroker trades go through an FFL and have a huge percentage of used guns. Used gun sales do not add to the number of firearms in existance... Virtually all new guns involve a NICS check...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Originally Posted by Calhoun

That also doesn't cover used gun sales in the majority of states which don't required FFL transfer for private sales.

And don't forget the "gunshow loophole" where anyone can buy a gun without a check even if the seller is an FFL holder...least that's what the gun grabbers tell me.....

Hell, I know some left wing gun grabbers who actually believe you can buy machine guns through the mail.

They're out there and they vote, too.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's the LGBT crowd.....

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
LGBTs just got a reality slap.

Before it was just dirty looks, and occasional battery.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Obama is a "Keynesian" demand side proponent and he doesn't even know it.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Carp! California is going to try and collect a lot of them after the next election. here is step one(? Or is it step twelve? I've lost count of how many slices of our rights have been cut off by the other side):

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...ative-will-flatten-california-gun-owners

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
B
BMT Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Best data I have seen has about 9/10 of NICs checks are new guns in circulation.

EXAMPLE:

My CHL permit requires a check, but I have bought 2 stripped lowers on another.

But some are for interstate sales of used guns (I bought a Savage 99 that way).

Then I renewed the CHL and that was another Check.

So I have about 20 NICS check for 18 new guns.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snyper

Almost all GunBroker trades go through an FFL and have a huge percentage of used guns. Used gun sales do not add to the number of firearms in existance... Virtually all new guns involve a NICS check...

No one claimed used guns add to the total of fire arms.

Many states allow those with a CCW to bypass the NICS check completely.

No matter how you try to spin things your way, reality is sales of new guns have been breaking records most years for over a decade

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For the past 8 years there has been an average of over 3.44 million new guns produced each year, and the majority of those guns have been sold

http://www.statisticbrain.com/firearm-industry-statistics/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
711 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 74 invisible), 2,683 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,683
Posts18,399,735
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.