24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
George, your quilts looks great! I really like that chevron baffle pattern. Any chance you'll be using a zipper and drawstring in the future, rather than snaps, or at least as another option?

BP-B2

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
George, your quilts looks great! I really like that chevron baffle pattern. Any chance you'll be using a zipper and drawstring in the future, rather than snaps, or at least as another option?

Thanks Jordan! I stay away from zippers b/c in my opinion its something else to fail, and it defeats the whole point of a quilt.I do offer an insulated footbox that is super warm,but it has the bottom 20" sewn shut, so it can't be laid flat.

“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” -Francis Chan

Down Quilts : www.locolibregear.com/gear.html
Blog : www.walkingwiththeson.com

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Originally Posted by Brad
What brand, and what are your thoughts in comparison to a hooded mummy?

Most quilt users use a cap or balaclava along with a pillow.That's what I do and I find I don't miss having the hood of a sleeping bag. In fact I feel less constricted. Try it with your current sleep system to see what you think.

Last edited by George_Carr; 06/05/16.

“Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.” -Francis Chan

Down Quilts : www.locolibregear.com/gear.html
Blog : www.walkingwiththeson.com

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
EE Enigma, 20 degree, 850 fill. Like it much better than mummies I've used for 40 years. Much more comfortable for my side-sleeping-toss-around self.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The new Nunatek quilts look to be a well made , lightweight , relatively inexpensive 20 degree quilt option.

Nunatek Arc Lite

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kevin, thanks for the link. I REALLY like the Nunatek design. Wish they made synthetic.

P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
Switched to a EE zero degree quilt last year. Was skeptical but wanted to see if I could really shave over a pound off my sleep system.

Wow. Loved it. Don't use any of my mummy bags until I get down to bear camp on kodiak! No drafts of any concern, I can roll around and my quilt don't twist up, my feet are much warmer than in my mummy bag. I use a neo air sleeping pad. Not the warmest set up in cold temps but very comfy the rest of the time.
I'd buy another quilt before is buy another mummy bag.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I own quilts from multiple "cottage industry" makers: Enlightened Equipment, Loco Libre, Hammock Gear and Arrowhead Equipment. All are excellent and high quality.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
668 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 74 invisible), 2,756 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.