Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Only an idiot like you could fail to see the obvious failure points.

Failing to see them in hindsight means you are clueless on the water..

The only thing I am clueless to is how an arrogant A$$ like yourself can hold yourself so high and mighty.

We you there? Do you have another info other than what was in Alaska Dispatch. Have you ever #^cked up a decision? If you answered no, no and Yes than shut up! If you answered Yes, Yes, No than enlighten up with your pearls of wisdom.

Are there mirrors in your shack of a home? If the answer is yes take 2 mins. to look into that mirror just once a day and describe your holiness for us otherwise say less. If you have nothing good to say than don't say anything at all...That was my mom back in 2nd grade. You could learn a lot from a mom.

If you are the best example your mother has, I doubt anyone could learn anything worthwhile from her...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hypocrite much Walt? '

let's see if we've got this straight

you continually show up on a conservative website, bashing the ideals of conservatism and conservative candidates, with hardly ever mentioning any of the problems with the other side of the aisle.

you do so because you know you'll get attention and reaction and you're safely ensconced behind a keyboard.

you call folks here, clowns, stupid, old men

and now you're saying yo momma always told you if you don't have anything nice to say STFU?

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
hypocrite much Walt? '

let's see if we've got this straight

you continually show up on a conservative website, bashing the ideals of conservatism and conservative candidates, with hardly ever mentioning any of the problems with the other side of the aisle.

you do so because you know you'll get attention and reaction and you're safely ensconced behind a keyboard.

and now you're saying yo momma always told you if you don't have anything nice to say STFU?

Basic issue Witless has is his business interest... do not badmouth rafters because it might impact his revenue...

I just wonder how many of his customers know how adamantly anti-firearms he is...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Only an idiot like you could fail to see the obvious failure points.

Failing to see them in hindsight means you are clueless on the water...

= dangerous.

#stupidwalt

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

You could learn a lot from a mom.

If you are the best example your mother has, I doubt anyone could learn anything worthwhile from her..

Thanks for asking but my mom dies of cancer 5 years ago at Christmas.

IC B2

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N

I make fun of the political situation and normally on the GOP side but I think you would be hard pressed to find any posts where I swear at members and I don't think I have used the term "Stupid" but Old Man all of the time.

Whole point is/was don't gang up on the outfitter behind his back, don't be a dick. Call the guy up and let him know to his face and show a little respect. I don't get my feelings hurt by you clowns so if you feel better keep up the good work.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

You could learn a lot from a mom.

If you are the best example your mother has, I doubt anyone could learn anything worthwhile from her..

Thanks for asking but my mom dies of cancer 5 years ago at Christmas.

After bringing your mother up as part of an argument you lose all access to pity, especially five years after her demise.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I make fun of the political situation and normally on the GOP side but I think you would be hard pressed to find any posts where I swear at members and I don't think I have used the term "Stupid" but Old Man all of the time.

Whole point is/was don't gang up on the outfitter behind his back, don't be a dick. Call the guy up and let him know to his face and show a little respect. I don't get my feelings hurt by you clowns so if you feel better keep up the good work.

Walt
Very special of you to come into "the room" kicking up dust and making noise knowing you will be starting arguments and then try to condemn those that counter your attacks.

The butthurt written all over your last few posts is really precious and shows that you are being repaid internally for being a dick.

But worse is suggesting anyone call the guide and tell him how he screwed up... and you confuse that with respect.

You sure do have a lot of strange definitions for fairly common words.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
The collective Alaskan 24 Hr. Campfire community will raise money for Walt to do an exploration raft trip down the McClaren River and then down the Susitna River. He can take one of his 14 ft rafts and a frame from a put in at the McClaren River and float down the Susitna river. Water levels will be pretty right at the end of next week.

I am speaking for all of us but the time is right.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I'll spring for a roll of duct tape for his emergency kit...

IC B3

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by kaboku68
The collective Alaskan 24 Hr. Campfire community will raise money for Walt to do an exploration raft trip down the McClaren River and then down the Susitna River. He can take one of his 14 ft rafts and a frame from a put in at the McClaren River and float down the Susitna river. Water levels will be pretty right at the end of next week.

I am speaking for all of us but the time is right.

Sounds reasonable. He has more experience than the two old gals, and will be in a raft rather than a canoe. So the tougher rapids are pretty much compensated for. I think he's good to go.

And well, life up there is hard. So should bad things happen, it's best not to be too critical afterwards, not knowing every minute detail and all...

A
a12 Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Sounds like the ladies went to the end of the world looking for adventure and found it. Not sure why the guides didn't scout the rapids or run em with a guest, then hike back and get more of the others as they could.
Sad story.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Never mentioned swearing, you think that gives you a pass for

"Don't be a dick"

As far as let him know ftf??? That's rich coming from you, you've been invited by mor than a few members to meet ftf after some of your inflammatory posts & your Schlick is then to send a pm doing your Rodney King impersonation

Already said I feel for the guides & I do, but it seems pertinent to me when life is lost to examine facts as they are presented & discuss what went wrong & how to prevent similar mishaps

So is it your opinion from the facts we have the guides did nothing wrong?

You think it's ok to put two geriatric gals on an inflatable & send them down the river during high water as long as their check clears?

What a sanctimonious hypocritical pos you are Walt?

Ain't nobody here that can do anything to the guides they've done it to themselves already, all we can do is learn from their mistakes.

As I mentioned early on in this thread arts been chided on more than one occasion about the potential pitfalls of remote rafting or canoeing by those with little experience . Some folks felt like he was overblown in his description of the potential calamity.

No one was ganging up on the guides, just guys with some actual experience floating discussing what happened & why

I realize this post is a waste on you, you've been called out here over and over for your hypocrisy & inflammatory nature

But perhaps it's helpful to folks who don't know your body of work why a guy like kaboku68, one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet would desire to send you down the river

Now run along and go rent another raft

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
No one was ganging up on the guides

I see no reason to lighten up on the guides because there are so many freaking obvious points that scream "CLUELESS!!!!!"

Are you sure?

And yes I will run out now and rent another raft. business is good this year and I will hold a nice Riken 14 footer for your trip. Spend a little time on the river and life does not look so bad! To many of you guys get a lot of eye strain from too many hours spent staring at the wildest of Alaska through your computer screen.

See ya on the water!

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No one was ganging up on the guides

I see no reason to lighten up on the guides because there are so many freaking obvious points that scream "CLUELESS!!!!!"

Are you sure?

And yes I will run out now and rent another raft. business is good this year and I will hold a nice Riken 14 footer for your trip. Spend a little time on the river and life does not look so bad! To many of you guys get a lot of eye strain from too many hours spent staring at the wildest of Alaska through your computer screen.

See ya on the water!

Just one question with a yes:no answer...

Given the option of renting a raft to two inexperienced elderly women (67 and 69 years old to be specific) and knowing the water on the river they were rafting was a little high. And given the party they were rafting with included two very experienced guides, a total of eight others with the guides, and rafts as described in the story for the rest.

Would you rent them that particular model of inflatable canoe?

Easy question, just two or three letters will answer it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Hmmm! Crickets...

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Given the option of renting a raft to two inexperienced elderly women (67 and 69 years old to be specific) and knowing the water on the river they were rafting was a little high. And given the party they were rafting with included two very experienced guides, a total of eight others with the guides, and rafts as described in the story for the rest.

Would you rent them that particular model of inflatable canoe?

Easy question, just two or three letters will answer it.

Especially considering they are your mother's friends.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Simple answer...I don't know their situation and it was guided...

Now my answer. I get lots of requests to rent rafts for rivers like the Klutina and Tonsina & my standard answer is I have to assume that you do not the necessary experience to operate safely on those rivers so no. I often times rent to people whom I know have the experience so to them I say YES. Keep in mind I run a rental service just Like Alaska Raft & Kayak. We have a disclaimer and the renter is responsible for the safe return of the gear and themselves. See I am a true businessman who believes in personal responsibility. If I was running a guided operation it would be different but ....I believe in personal responsibility. Makes me sound a bit like a conservative, I better be careful!

So lets throw it back you way big shooter: Lets say you own "Dickish Motors" in Mountain View and a old lady wants to buy that sweet "72" Vett on your lot. Do you not sell it to her knowing it has a 454 under the hood and she might not be able to handle it on the Glenn when she heads back home in Eagle Rive or do you act like a responsible businessman who believes in personal responsibility?

Right now you are reaching for your bucket of $hi! you have under your computer and you are going to throw another childish attack my way...

You are a Campfire Oracle with 28383 posts and you live in a city of 450,000 happy folks. I guessing you haven't seen Alaska ( other than from your computer) in a long while. Put the mouse down and go have an adventure dude! If you need a raft or a SOAR come on out and I will help you put it on the river. Have some fun today! Get out of your house and go visit Alaska!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
so now you want to get in a "who's spent more time in the outdoors in AK" wiener measuring contest?

with Art?

your stupidity really knows no bounds

for me personally I spend more time in a jet boat these days, and made it clear about how much floating I've done.

more than most, not as much as some and certainly not as much as I'd like

show us the hair on your chest uncle Waltie, you're the only real outdoorsman amongst us, according to you.

my lord but you're pathetic

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Simple answer...I don't know their situation and it was guided...

Now my answer. I get lots of requests to rent rafts for rivers like the Klutina and Tonsina & my standard answer is I have to assume that you do not the necessary experience to operate safely on those rivers so no. I often times rent to people whom I know have the experience so to them I say YES. Keep in mind I run a rental service just Like Alaska Raft & Kayak. We have a disclaimer and the renter is responsible for the safe return of the gear and themselves. See I am a true businessman who believes in personal responsibility. If I was running a guided operation it would be different but ....I believe in personal responsibility. Makes me sound a bit like a conservative, I better be careful!

So lets throw it back you way big shooter: Lets say you own "Dickish Motors" in Mountain View and a old lady wants to buy that sweet "72" Vett on your lot. Do you not sell it to her knowing it has a 454 under the hood and she might not be able to handle it on the Glenn when she heads back home in Eagle Rive or do you act like a responsible businessman who believes in personal responsibility?

Right now you are reaching for your bucket of $hi! you have under your computer and you are going to throw another childish attack my way...

You are a Campfire Oracle with 28383 posts and you live in a city of 450,000 happy folks. I guessing you haven't seen Alaska ( other than from your computer) in a long while. Put the mouse down and go have an adventure dude! If you need a raft or a SOAR come on out and I will help you put it on the river. Have some fun today! Get out of your house and go visit Alaska!

Did not think you had the stones to answer, thanks for proving it.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

584 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1Akshooter, 1badf350, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,216 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,302
Posts18,449,071
Members73,900
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.