Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Of course, the authors of the study blame this on discrimination, but it is really because LGBT have mental/emotional issues that express themselves in self-destructive behaviors like LGBT that they should be treated for. LGBT is an illness complex, just like cancer only with LGBT being symptoms.

Article Here
By Andrew M. Seaman

Gay, lesbian and bisexual individuals reported more health problems than straight men and women, in a large U.S. survey.

For the first time since its launch in 1957, the National Health Interview Survey in 2013 and 2014 included a question about sexual orientation.

With nearly 69,000 participants, the survey revealed that lesbian, gay and bisexual adults "were more likely to report impaired physical and mental health, heavy alcohol consumption, and heavy cigarette use, potentially due to the stressors that (they) experience as a result of interpersonal and structural discrimination," researchers wrote online June 28 in JAMA Internal Medicine.

Overall, 67,150 survey respondents were heterosexual, 525 lesbian, 624 gay and 515 bisexual. The average age was about 47.

Gilbert Gonzales of the Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville and colleagues found that compared to heterosexual women, lesbians were 91 percent more likely to report poor or fair health. Lesbians were 51 percent more likely, and bisexual women were more than twice as likely, to report multiple chronic conditions, compared to straight women.

Gay, lesbian and bisexual people were also more likely than heterosexuals to report heavy drinking and smoking.

While gays and lesbians reported worse psychological distress than heterosexuals, bisexual people suffered the most, the survey showed.

For example, about 17 percent of heterosexual men had at least moderate psychological distress, compared to about 26 percent of gay men and about 40 percent of bisexual men.

Similarly, about 22 percent of heterosexual women had at least moderate psychological distress, compared to about 28 percent of lesbian women and about 46 percent of bisexual women.

Gonzales told Reuters Health that the health disparities are likely due to the stress of being a minority, which is likely exacerbated among bisexual people, who may not be accepted by lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.

"While there aren’t that many studies focusing on bisexual adults, previous studies have indicated they’re probably at greater risk," he said.

Other factors too, along with so-called minority stress, may account for health differences between heterosexuals and lesbian, gay and bisexual people, Gonzales said.

For example, he said, survey respondents may not have had access to marriage, which wasn't legalized at the federal level in the U.S. until 2015.

"It will be interesting to see how legal same-sex marriage will affect these health disparities," Gonzales said.

In a note published with the study, Dr. Mitchell Katz says the disparities may decrease with the growing acceptance of sexual minority populations.

"Health care professionals can help by creating environments that are inclusive and supportive of sexual minority patients," writes Katz, who is an editor of the journal.

"In caring for people who have experienced bias and discrimination, support is a very potent medicine," he writes.

"It’s important that all our federal surveys begin to collect sexual orientation status and gender identity," said Gonzales. "This kind of work would not be (possible) if the question wasn’t asked."

SOURCE: http://bit.ly/292xGb2 and http://bit.ly/292x85a

JAMA Intern Med 2016.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You know why they can't find a cure for AIDS?
They can't teach rats to buttfuck smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Homosexuality IS a mental issue so 100% of them have it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think it is, maybe in some, but I'm pretty convinced is a freak of nature having to do with hormones/

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Doh! laugh

IC B2

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I don't think it is, maybe in some, but I'm pretty convinced is a freak of nature having to do with hormones/

Just like cancer, no one single cause. Different types, different causes. Some more rare than others. I probably know more people with who have told me it is their choice than hormonal by about 10-1.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The "choice" is driven by their hormonal composition. That said, ALL good looking chicks should be "bi" smile

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
We aren't beasts. We have responsibility for and control over our actions.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

With billions of cells in the body, it only takes a few that differ from the "normal" bodily composition to cause differing preferences. I agree that homosexuality is generally biologically related. I don't think that a preference or choice is made; it's just the way God made them.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Like AIDS?

Camp is where you make it.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
jorgeI,

If your contention is true why is it that genetic twins are not all homosexuals when one is?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
What are genetic twins, Fraternal or identical and the same can be said if one develops diabetis and the other doesn't, and I don't doubt the "Choice" can be driven by other factors, but no doubt in my mind (or the medical community) the issue of homos is a freak of nature.

BarryC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I guess I don't understand why someone who has been screwing the opposite sex for a most of their lives would tell me they have decided to live "the gay lifestyle". Sex? Well the ones I've talked to that made the switch at first weren't sure about that, but after several years they appear to have settled into it.

I swear, big corps seem to be run by these types.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Gee, I wonder why when you stick your dick in a hepatitis loaded butthole and some dummy has it in his mouth next.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by djs

With billions of cells in the body, it only takes a few that differ from the "normal" bodily composition to cause differing preferences. I agree that homosexuality is generally biologically related. I don't think that a preference or choice is made; it's just the way God made them.
God calls homosexuality an abomination and condemns it as evil time after time in the Bible. You're saying that God created something evil. God gave us all a choice to do good or evil and they've chosen the evil.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The claim that homosexuality is an innate, biological difference was a political tactic that was knowingly promoted by the LGBT community in the '70s so that they could receive affirmation and minority recognition instead of counseling.

For a variety of reasons (none of which included my orientation) I had many homosexual friends during my college years. Every one that I got to know well enough had some identifiable cause that resulted in this psychological reaction, to the point that I could not concur with the idea that it was an innate biological condition. Nothing I have seen since then has changed my impression of that.

Personally, I don't particularly care how people pursue love or get their rocks off, but I am tired of homosexuality as a political cause - it is hollow. The frequent need of gays to rub the public's "face" in their choice of behaviors by parades, banners, lewd public behavior and so on is just another expression of the inner conflict they feel over this choice.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
"God" as in the Bible, written and edited by human beings? noted.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Got to disagree... pretty convinced at least a few leftie trolls here are the result of said intercourse...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Huntz
Gee, I wonder why when you stick your dick in a hepatitis loaded butthole and some dummy has it in his mouth next.

For one, I do not stick mine in either...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
One thing is for sure homosexual it does have a cure....it's called aids

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 77 invisible), 2,531 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,688
Posts18,456,480
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.