Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/kayland-globo-gore-tex-hiking-boots-waterproof-for-men~p~9396g/?filterString=s~kayland%2F

[Linked Image]

Any advise on the Kayland Globo boot. Great Price

GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
Never heard of them but if they are made in Italy good to go. China, avoid like plague.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Never heard of Kayland-Globo but from the photo they look pretty good; full rubber rand all around, Vibram soles, very few seams, Gortex, made in Italy. Seems like a good deal at $189, for a well made boot.

Compares favorably with the Kennetrek Hardscrabble, which is top-of-the-line and costs $415.

http://www.kenetrek.com/KENETREK-HARDSCRABBLE-HIKER/productinfo/KE-420-HK/

The Kennetrek boot has a 2.8mm thick upper. The upper on the Kayland boot is 2.5mm thick. So about .1 inch vs .11 inch. The difference seems negligible to me.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They look a lot like my old (and favorite) Asolo Sasslongs which are no longer made. I may have to take a look at them as a replacement.

Start young, hunt hard, and enjoy God's bounty.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Kayland is a well known brand and makes quality stuff. They have won quite a bit of backpacking awards. They usually run pretty narrow boots as they use a narrow last. I have a narrow foot and they fit me well. I have tried some of their boots though and the toe box is more narrow than I like. If you have a narrow foot then they may work great.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Ebby
Kayland is a well known brand and makes quality stuff. They have won quite a bit of backpacking awards. They usually run pretty narrow boots as they use a narrow last. I have a narrow foot and they fit me well. I have tried some of their boots though and the toe box is more narrow than I like. If you have a narrow foot then they may work great.

That's why I really like them - have a slightly narrower foot so the Kaylands have been perfect for me. 6-7 years ago I bought 2 pair of the Vertigo High boots. The 1st pair I've hiked/hunted the heck out of and they are finally about dead. Been a good boot though, wish they still made that model.

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by KC

Never heard of Kayland-Globo but from the photo they look pretty good; full rubber rand all around, Vibram soles, very few seams, Gortex, made in Italy. Seems like a good deal at $189, for a well made boot.

Compares favorably with the Kennetrek Hardscrabble, which is top-of-the-line and costs $415.

http://www.kenetrek.com/KENETREK-HARDSCRABBLE-HIKER/productinfo/KE-420-HK/

The Kennetrek boot has a 2.8mm thick upper. The upper on the Kayland boot is 2.5mm thick. So about .1 inch vs .11 inch. The difference seems negligible to me.

Compares to the Kennetrc, maybe. So do 20 other boots.
Compares favorably? Color me doubtful.
A good deal? They may well be.

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Kayland has been around forever. I've run two pairs of their super rock's completely into the ground, including trips up Granite Peak and Gannett Peak. I still have a pair of Hyper Traction's and Super Ice's. They were well rated by Rock & Ice for years.
If they fit, roll with them. Low risk investment.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

198 members (2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 1_deuce, 32 invisible), 2,117 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,716
Posts18,457,094
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.