Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
[b][color:#3333FF]Link..![/color][/b]

An unnamed source affiliated with the Trump campaign has confirmed to CNN that New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has received official paperwork for the vice presidential vetting process.

The New York Times added to the speculation on Thursday, citing its own sources with knowledge of the process. “Mr. Christie is among those being vetted as Mr. Trump’s possible running mate, according to people briefed on the process, and Mr. Trump has said in interviews that Mr. Christie would have a prominent place in a Trump White House,” reports The Times.

Christie joined Trump’s campaign in February after suffering several losses early in the Republican presidential primary season. Political observers have long insisted that Trump reserve a spot for the sycophantic New Jersey governor in his prospective administration. Some believed Trump would choose Christie for Attorney General. Others suggested that Christie’s pet-like loyalty would be rewarded handsomely with a VP nod.

Undoubtedly, Christie has been an important surrogate for the presumptive GOP nominee, riding the Trump train across the country and shouting “Make America Great Again” to anybody with a camera and a mic.

“He was Trump's biggest endorsement at a crucial moment in the campaign and that has sparked talk about any number of possible positions inside a Trump administration,” notes CNN. “That has led to no shortage of questions about Christie's intentions with that endorsement, both among unaffiliated GOP officials, but also former aides.”

At times, Christie surrogacy has been rather awkward. During a press conference a couple months ago, Christie’s facial expressions while standing next to his new overlord Trump screamed “Help me!.” Social media users on both Twitter and Facebook joked that he looked like he was being taken hostage. These days, Christie comes off as more of a victim of Stockholm-Syndrome than resistant captive. The governor’s feigned exuberance is uncomfortable to watch.

Christie submits to Trump’s demands with Pavlovian-obedience, responding to the real estate mogul’s every request like a soulless robot. Even Trump’s weight-related insults slide off Christie like butter. When Trump suggested that Christie should lay off the Oreos, the tough-talking governor barely flinched.

Perhaps that’s what happens when you sell your soul; you no longer feel joy or pain. You become numb through your own naked ambition.

But guess what? Christie’s shameless groveling may be paying off.

BP-B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
That won't bring the party together.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Might as well prepare to watch Hillary and Billary being sworn in as our new President in January, 2017.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Trump sure can pull some stupid moves at times, IF there is any truth to this.

Folks just can't damn wait until an official announcement is made... they just have to flipping speculate.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
According to Fox he is not on the top of the list.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Damn this place is fulla puzzies.

*Every* Pres candidate has a list of persons vetted, some to throw off the dogs.

RINOmoney vetted Crispy for a pick.

Ya'll post-queef all over the place ever time DT makes a move, even though he's been right *every f'n time*.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Ya'll post-queef all over the place ever time DT makes a move, even though he's been right *every f'n time*.

Yup. If I wanted to know who he's going to pick, I'd start with asking Bristoe and go from there. And I'd bet Christie ain't high on the list.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trump is still better than the alternative, but he's still an east-coast weenie. If he really wants to balance out that ticket, he'd pick a southerner, or more preferably a western governor that had to butt heads with the feral govt over land issues and other overreach.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
do some digging and there are a couple stories about mitt romney vetting christie. Apparently his staff are very difficult to work with and he flat out refused to turn over lots of info in particular in regards to his health. Apparently mitt romney closely considered him and found there are too many issues with him that would damage the campaign.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
[color:#3333FF]Link..![/color][/b]

[b]An unnamed source affiliated with the Trump campaign has confirmed to CNN

Read that opening line again, people. "unnamed source" told CNN. Might as well have said the leprechaun told Whopi Goldberg for all of its accuracy.

Trump and his people have repeatedly said he wants somebody familiar with Capitol Hill that knows the players and can get legislation passed. Also, somebody that can help him in the swing States.

I have a name that fits that, and not Newt. Newt has been off the Hill too long, doesn't help with swing States, and the Clinton's know how to fight him.

Can you name another former Speaker that fits the criteria? I can! Look there and not at some CNN red herring.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Fubarski

Yup. If I wanted to know who he's going to pick, I'd start with asking Bristoe and go from there.

Oh, my spleen! My spleen!

(p.s. You'd have better results contacting Bob.)

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Bristoe's been pretty much spot-on this election cycle. Say what you are going to about his admitted voting record.

As B said, Trump won the election the day the UIC protest got cancelled in Chicago. He's been winning even bigger since. If Hillary wins and tries to take our guns, I'll eat my words. But Trump is going to win, at least against Hillary. Another D candidate? I don't know.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Think people, think!

A former Speaker of the House, not Newt, that lives in a key State. Someone who knows where the skeletons are buried. Somebody that can strong arm Congress and doesn't give a crap anymore about being nice.

Got a name yet? No, not mentioned in the media yet. Think outside the box.

Originally Posted by hatari

I have a name that fits that, and not Newt. Newt has been off the Hill too long, doesn't help with swing States, and the Clinton's know how to fight him.

Can you name another former Speaker that fits the criteria? I can! Look there and not at some CNN red herring.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
RAS Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trump picking Christie would be no surprise to me.

"...aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may walk properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one." - Paul to the church in Thessalonica.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'll be the first to tell you that I don't know who Trump will choose, but if I had to make a guess, I'd say Gingrich.

Trump has said on repeated occasions that he wants someone as his veep who knows their way around D.C.

Christie doesn't fill that requirement. Newt does. Of course, a lot of other people do also.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll be the first to tell you that I don't know who Trump will choose, but if I had to make a guess, I'd say Gingrich.

Trump has said on repeated occasions that he wants someone as his veep who knows their way around D.C.

Christie doesn't fill that requirement. Newt does. Of course, a lot of other people do also.

1.) Newt has been off Capitol Hill too long

2.) C/lintons have a playbook to fight Newt

3.) Doesn't help Trump in Ohio or Florida

Thought you people were politically savvy?

I might have the winner, but I have a very smart choice that would make most of you cringe until you consider what he can do for Trump and how he can phouc with Hillary.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
B ?

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Too much bad blood, Doc.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mike Pence

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Too much bad blood, Doc.

You think?

If Trump really is a CEO type that is looking for the most qualified people for the job, I can't think of a better match for the post. Now if they despise each other, that's another story, I suppose. Let's just say I know I'd have him on my team.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
163 members (338Rules, 32_20fan, 358WCF, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 22 invisible), 1,993 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,648
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.