Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by TXRam
Dam site is getting almost impossible to use on my iPad.

I am glad it's not just me. This site doesn't run worth a damn on any device I have ever tried.

Are you running AdBlock Plus? I visit this site often using multiple browsers on multiple machines. The constant is I use ABP on every machine and I have no problems whatsoever.

Just installed it and things seem much better for me. Thank you.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Before you box it up and ship it back to Remington

Check it over really good and be sure it's not a Kimber

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I have 5 Kimbers (2 Classics and 3 Montanas) - while I won't win any matches with them they are all acceptable accuracy wise (MOA or slightly better/worse) for what they are and my uses.

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Originally Posted by TXRam
Dam site is getting almost impossible to use on my iPad.

I am glad it's not just me. This site doesn't run worth a damn on any device I have ever tried.

Are you running AdBlock Plus? I visit this site often using multiple browsers on multiple machines. The constant is I use ABP on every machine and I have no problems whatsoever.

Just installed it and things seem much better for me. Thank you.

Just installed it - MUCH improved! Thanks!!!

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Keep forgetting to call Remington, just put a reminder on my calendar to call tomorrow

IC B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by deflave
Sounds like something is wrong with the rifle.

Dave

That's approaching "classic"... Nice try. smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Sounds like something is wrong with the rifle.

Dave

He might be onto something here

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Never not intellesting,to have someone swing by a rifle that "doesn't shoot" and yard it apart for 'em,to pinpoint the glaring shortcomings in it's incorrect assembly. Seen it many many many many fhuqking times,in both OEM and Customs. Hint.

Now first order of bidness is to punch the bore to get a read on ACTUAL twist rate and from there,it's rather easy to connect dots. Simply choose a boolit of repute that'll stabilize in same,kiss,find pressure and rock on. 700 243's are generous in both their typical twist rate and throat geometry,which plays veddy nicely with it's COAL latitude. Them attributes are more than a touch handy. Tough to fhuqk up Lapooey brass wearin' a false shoulder(308 Virgins),105 Hornie HPBT smooch,200's and '17 for increased load density and reduced ES/SD. Hint.

Milk Jug stocks are always more than a "little" suspect and as per The Law Of Averages,perform best when gunned with a heavy hand. Tuck 'em away tight to the shoulder,avoid free recoil,keep the weak hand aboard the platform to keep release consistent and don't put a bipod or rest anywhere forward on the handle. Happiness is found MUCH closer to the recoil lug,less springin' things to create vertical. Hint.

Sounds like glass has been nipped,but the mounting system and it's fasteners,are well beyond suspect until PROVEN otherwise. Undoubtedly the fore base fastener is yammed into the barrel shank threads,which will turn a .25MOA platform into a Blunderbuss. Hint.

Action fasteners are also suspect,until PROVEN and that in conjunction with correct magbox/follower/follower spring assembly. It is a constant that ADL innards are reliably assembled incorrectly,in regards to the box mating the receiver's underside and the follower spring being proud of the box and pinned betwixt it and the Milk jug. Tape is your friend there,with a 3M electrical gut wrap amidship the box and a proud tail exiting beyond the stock's inlet,to be trimmed after CORRECT assembly has been VERIFIED. Hint.

Factory Ammo is always more than a touch suspect. CoreRock's "boast" an exceptionally schitty profile/BC,which by default tends to minimize a leap. That ain't great fhuqking news,but I couldn't objectively weigh ANY rifle's inherent mechanical aptitude,by a box of CoreRock's sourced pre-rolled. Simply ain't how things work in the Real World. Hint.

Why in THE fhuqk one would Mail off sumptin' so glaring in it's incorrect assembly,is beyond me...but I never was any good at fhuqking around. It'd take 10 minutes to ascertain the above,if a guy only had one arm,had a roller skate on his peg leg and was in 30' seas verifying all in the dark. Hint.

The Technical Term is: Starting At The Fhuqking Start. Rifles talk...but NOBODY listens. I'd dangle pics,but am in the middle of a Reloadin' Bonanza.

You've been led to water.

Drink it.

Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
laugh laugh

Yeah, like the time a new Mossberg rifle arrived at the store - WITHOUT RIFLING in the bore..

Didn't hafta go much further..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Never not intellesting,to have someone swing by a rifle that "doesn't shoot" and yard it apart for 'em,to pinpoint the glaring shortcomings in it's incorrect assembly. Seen it many many many many fhuqking times,in both OEM and Customs. Hint.

Now first order of bidness is to punch the bore to get a read on ACTUAL twist rate and from there,it's rather easy to connect dots. Simply choose a boolit of repute that'll stabilize in same,kiss,find pressure and rock on. 700 243's are generous in both their typical twist rate and throat geometry,which plays veddy nicely with it's COAL latitude. Them attributes are more than a touch handy. Tough to fhuqk up Lapooey brass wearin' a false shoulder(308 Virgins),105 Hornie HPBT smooch,200's and '17 for increased load density and reduced ES/SD. Hint.

Milk Jug stocks are always more than a "little" suspect and as per The Law Of Averages,perform best when gunned with a heavy hand. Tuck 'em away tight to the shoulder,avoid free recoil,keep the weak hand aboard the platform to keep release consistent and don't put a bipod or rest anywhere forward on the handle. Happiness is found MUCH closer to the recoil lug,less springin' things to create vertical. Hint.

Sounds like glass has been nipped,but the mounting system and it's fasteners,are well beyond suspect until PROVEN otherwise. Undoubtedly the fore base fastener is yammed into the barrel shank threads,which will turn a .25MOA platform into a Blunderbuss. Hint.

Action fasteners are also suspect,until PROVEN and that in conjunction with correct magbox/follower/follower spring assembly. It is a constant that ADL innards are reliably assembled incorrectly,in regards to the box mating the receiver's underside and the follower spring being proud of the box and pinned betwixt it and the Milk jug. Tape is your friend there,with a 3M electrical gut wrap amidship the box and a proud tail exiting beyond the stock's inlet,to be trimmed after CORRECT assembly has been VERIFIED. Hint.

Factory Ammo is always more than a touch suspect. CoreRock's "boast" an exceptionally schitty profile/BC,which by default tends to minimize a leap. That ain't great fhuqking news,but I couldn't objectively weigh ANY rifle's inherent mechanical aptitude,by a box of CoreRock's sourced pre-rolled. Simply ain't how things work in the Real World. Hint.

Why in THE fhuqk one would Mail off sumptin' so glaring in it's incorrect assembly,is beyond me...but I never was any good at fhuqking around. It'd take 10 minutes to ascertain the above,if a guy only had one arm,had a roller skate on his peg leg and was in 30' seas verifying all in the dark. Hint.

The Technical Term is: Starting At The Fhuqking Start. Rifles talk...but NOBODY listens. I'd dangle pics,but am in the middle of a Reloadin' Bonanza.

Drink it.

Nice to see a post with helpful content

I like these better than most of yours

IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by tedthorn

Drink it.

Nice to see a post with helpful content

I like these better than most of yours

I would agree. This post was actually useful.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'neck,

A quick cursory glance,will resolve much,long before any time is lost in fhuqking around.

Cutting to the fhuqking chase,is my MO...................

'thorn,

It'll come as a "surprise" only to you,that I've never been compelled to take a fhuqking poll. Congratulations?!?

I'm rather at ease in speaking matter of factly,mainly because facts fhuqking matter. Hint.

If I take the time to tickle the ivories,take it to the fhuqking bank that it's always gonna be a money maker,to copy same and apply it. Hint.

Tough to beat the inherent humor of Whining Kchunts trying to manage their Hurt Feelers,as they race to poke their heads in the fhuqking sand and schlep STUPIDITY to places it's never been before. You know better than most and nice try sucking my ass. Laughing!

Pardon my being affordedthe luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.................

'Gomer,

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk,if someone spun you around in a circle within a phone booth,you'd have to shoot flares and call the Coast Guard for a rescue. Congratulations?!?

Rather than trying to suck my ass,simply take notes silently and apply same...because I assure you that nobody gives a fhuqk,about what Retards "think". Hint.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick

There is absolutely no value added in anyone sucking your ass so don't be mistaken...it ain't me

It only helps me when you make a post that is intelligent and gives value....yesterday's did that so I commented

It surprises me ,the amount of time you spend affording me the knowledge of my cluelessness but I'm OK with your extra stuff as long as I can sift out the sand to find the gold in your post

Educational at times but always entertaining.

But watch out for the hook....the bait was easy to cast and that fish always bites

Not bad

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T

Drink it.

Already drank that water!

When I bought it, checked all the fasteners for barrel shank/bolt lug contact, taped the mag box and checked that it wasn't binding and had some free play.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

You Amazingly STUPID Fhuqk,if someone spun you around in a circle within a phone booth,you'd have to shoot flares and call the Coast Guard for a rescue.

I assure you that nobody gives a fhuqk,about what Retards "think". Hint.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I had a 7600 30-06 carbine with the plastic stock that I bought new. It too shot “patterns”. I checked my bases and rings for tightness, tried different ammo and scope with no improvement. Rather than waste any more time and ammo I sent it back to Remington. I got it back about 2 weeks later with a note that said the barrel was loose. It shot fine after that.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Screw it....Id send it back to Remington and let them deal with it.......Good luck.....Hb

Remington will not "deal with it."
i dont know what kind of experience you might have had with Remington CS to say this but i have had to send a few rifles back to Remington over the years for various reasons and was always completely satisfied with their service......Hb

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Screw it....Id send it back to Remington and let them deal with it.......Good luck.....Hb

i dont know what kind of experience you might have had with Remington CS to say this but i have had to send a few rifles back to Remington over the years for various reasons and was always completely satisfied with their service......Hb

How recent was your last experiance?

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Went ahead and checked twist, and checked for tight/loose spots in barrel - 9 1/8" best I could tell, nothing abnormal in terms of tight/loose spots that I could feel pushing a patch through it.

Decided I'd do that prior to sending it to Remington, but I'm out of thoughts. I checked the following when I mounted the first scope - no screws contacting lugs or barrel shank (front base screw ground down), mag box/spring taped up for proper assembly, mag box has some free play so not putting action in a bind, fasteners torqued. re-checked all that this weekend, all looked good.

I was wrong on the 2nd target having 2 shots close, not sure where I got that - closest two shots are almost 2" apart, overall spread is ~8", all at 100yds.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V

How recent was your last experiance?
my last experience was actually with a new Marlin 1895 a couple of years ago, I couldnt get the rifle sighted in with a scope as i would run out of elevation, i finally sent the rifle back to Remington (they supplied a call tag) about 2 weeks later a Remington rep got in touch with me and and said the reciever had been miscut and offered me My money back or another brand new rifle....I took the money and bought a Henry H010 because i like the tube feed better..........Hb

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (44mc, 7x57Hunter, 10Glocks, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 21, 13 invisible), 1,649 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,688
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.