Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
SMACK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My Alpine Mountain rifle just came in. I ordered it with the standard bottom metal(BDL). When I went down to pick it up. It arrived with the detachable magazine floor plate installed and the complete BDL bottoms metal assembly in the box along with it but there was no magazine included?

I was curious as to the weight of the rifle because I have read posts that the rifle is heavier than the 5.7 lbs that is advertised so we put the rifle on the UPS scale at the gun shop. The rifle with the hanging tags and DM bottom assembly with no magazine bounced back and forth between 5.6 - 5.8 pounds. Of course if I had a mag installed it would be a bit more, so I see the advertised weight being spot on if I installed the mag and removed the hanging tags.

Is this common for the rifle to ship with no mag when ordered with a standard bottom metal ?

Also I would like to see some load data that has worked for you Alpine 6.5 Creedmoor owners.

Last edited by SMACK; 07/04/16.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
If you wanted one with standard bottom metal, you got it...and the absence of a magazine is a non-issue.
Weight sounds spot-on...

I asked Randy Newburg here about the Alpine and he says he really likes them. I think he shoots a 6.5 Creed....you might PM him...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
SMACK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Now that I have the rifle. I believe I was off in my thinking that the standard BDL floor plate would be lighter than the DM assembly. When I picked up the package with the floor plate, box, spring and follower. I know for a fact it is considerably heavier than the DM set up. I'm going to find some mags and run it as a DM set up for the time being.

All the best things in life, live on the other side off fear.

The true eye sees not the despair of its victims, only the elegance of equilibrium. It's a demonstration of superior judgment.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I thought all Howa Alpine rifles shipped with both bottom metals. I'd like to know how considerable the difference was between the weight?

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Clear something up for me please. Are you complaining because you got what you wanted? I need to know so I can say someting funny about it. laugh

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How about some pictures, please?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Shot it yet?

�When in doubt, I whip it out.� Uncle Ted
[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I picked up a BDL 308 in Scheels the other day. Felt considerably heavier than a Kimber FWIW.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SMACK
Now that I have the rifle. I believe I was off in my thinking that the standard BDL floor plate would be lighter than the DM assembly. When I picked up the package with the floor plate, box, spring and follower. I know for a fact it is considerably heavier than the DM set up. I'm going to find some mags and run it as a DM set up for the time being.

Howa's DM setup has significant drawbacks.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by taylorce1
I thought all Howa Alpine rifles shipped with both bottom metals. I'd like to know how considerable the difference was between the weight?

It's a non issue.

'Flave's been down this road before.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bellydeep
I picked up a BDL 308 in Scheels the other day. Felt considerably heavier than a Kimber FWIW.

IME heavier stuff is almost always heavier than the stuff that isn't as heavy.

Internet aside. Obviously.

Clark

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by taylorce1

It's a non issue.

'Flave's been down this road before.

Dave

I once complained about a rifle that weighed 10oz heavier than advertised weight, and got told it wasn't an issue. However I do agree that the trigger guard with floor plate probably doesn't add significant weight unless it is machined out of solid steel.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by bellydeep

IME heavier stuff is almost always heavier than the stuff that isn't as heavy.

Internet aside. Obviously.

Clark

Good to know.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (1234, 10ring1, 160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 64 invisible), 2,174 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,102
Posts18,464,178
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.