Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Originally Posted by WRO
Originally Posted by JMR40
In the 40+ years of buying and trading vehicles I've never traded or sold one that I wouldn't have liked to have kept. When I was younger I bought what I could afford and made it work. As kids came along and other things in life changed often I found the vehicle I owned no longer got the job done. I've never traded just because I wanted something newer or fancier, or even worn out.

In 2002 I bought a Supercrew very similar to this 2014, but made the mistake of getting the 4.6L V-8. In that big of a truck it was a dog. Fuel mileage was only 13 city and 16 hwy. I think this is why I'm hesitant to try the 3.5L. My mind says it will work just fine, but they told me the same thing when I bought the 4.6L in 2002.

I traded it for the 2007 Tacoma and at the time am confident I made the right choice. The Tacoma gets 17ish city and 20ish hwy and actually has more power than the F-150 with the 4.6. Over most of the 9 years I've owned it gas was $3-$3.50/gal and 4mpg over 172,000 miles does add up.

In 2007 my youngest had just moved out and it was just me and my wife. The smaller truck wasn't bad. But now I've got 3 grand kids and something a little bigger is needed.

The Tacoma has some peeling paint and a couple of dings which don't bother me at all. But really hurt trade value. I decided it was worth more to keep than trade or I'd have gone with a new 2016.

That was a good choice, you'll have something to drive while your ford is in the shop.

I just traded in a 2011 F150 which quite possibly was the biggest piece of crap I've ever owned. SS nickle and dimer until the engine went tits up at 120K. Back in a tacoma and couldn't be happier.

You mean like a 2006 Tacoma that had a Front engine seal go (1500), 2 front wheel bearings(500 and 700) and 3 recalls (Leaf springs replaced,rust issues and seat belts ) it now has 104k on it and needs new u joints as of last week , that one is a extended cab TRD sport with a V6 and 6 speed .

I also had a 2009 TRD sport 4door that had 2 rear wheel bearings go(all under extended warranty ) that had plastic roof mouldings blow off in a car wash(brushless) and was constantly getting the wheels aligned(known issue) .

I did own a 2014 which was traded in on my 2016 F150 that only needed the wheels aligned twice in 25K. That was the most trouble free one albeit not a full size pickup in comfort or even gas mileage.

Last good Tacoma was 2003 everything since has been watered down. So as of now I own 1 Tacoma and hope that nothing else happens to it . Not holding my breath

I'll be interested to see how my 2016 holds up.

I've had a 92, 97, 2000, and now a 2016. The only part that wasn't maintenance I replaced on my previous 3 was a starter.