Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well, within reason pricewise (~$100-150), what do you guys think is the best single stage trigger? I have a couple of Geisseles (SSA-E and Nat'l Match) and RRA 2-stages, but thinking I want single stage trigger on a couple of carbines. Not worried about meeting any kind of service rifle requirements, etc.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would give the ALG a look.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The CMC is pretty nice at the $150 range on sale.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like my CMC single well enough.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have a couple of Jard's that break clean. Get the adjustable one and the pick pull weight you prefer, or get several springs at 5 bucks each or a kit for all the available weights.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Rise Armament black is supposed to be very nice for the money. Primary arms had them on sale for $100, but I'm not sure if it's over.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I don't know about best, but I did a lot of review reading before I bought my Velocity trigger and it didn't take a backseat to any comparable unit. Great price too.

Probably only have 700 rounds shot with it but couldn't be happier.

T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thanks guys! Will check all of these out!

One buddy had mentioned the ALG and another mentioned Spikes, but want to see what you guys recommended.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I have several. CMC, Rise armament and timney. The Rise is the best bang for the money IMHO

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TLB2
I have several. CMC, Rise armament and timney. The Rise is the best bang for the money IMHO

Which one of these is the best regardless of cost?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by rost495

Not directed to me, but I would personally go with Timney at any cost. I honesty like it more than my Geiselle. I have the GRF (Brownell's version of 3-gun) and I shot a buddy's Timney and liked it more. I plan on running the Geiselle for some speed work and seeing if the reset is helps. If not, I'll go with the better feel (IMO) on the Timney.

Full disclosure, I have not tried them all like American Gold and Wilson, etc. But I also have a JP on my 308 for comparison.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Some folks are happy wiht better. Some demand best.

Thats an issue. Depends on how much you want or willing to put up wiht.

In an AR I"ve never felt a bolt gun like trigger crisp, light, and breaks like glass with zero creep. I can get that out of a 2 stage all the time. It took the wife and I about a weekend to get used to using 2 stage triggers in the late 80s... and we transition back and forth to bolt gun triggers both in pounds and ounces all the time...

Personal preference can cost you quite a bit in trial and error.

Cheapest way is to try others triggers but thats hard most of the time.

I live basically a minimum of an hour away from others that have differing triggers for the most part.

And then if you've shot stock AR single stage, it doesn't take much to improve.

Final note, we don't shoot slowly in NTIT matches, and we have always done that iwth a 2 stage. FWIW. We are under a second per shot for sure. And thats firing pretty accurate shots at 600 yards starting...with irons...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
CMC is only $134 on sale right now at SWFA.

Rise Fallout is only $100 shipped

Velocity is $135

Next would be the cheaper end such as PSA enhanced, ALG, BCM etc with JP springs and a grip screw mod. I've done that on some and you end up with about a 4lb pull and much less creep than mil-spec. Night and day improvement over mil-spec but not in the same league as the drop in units mentioned above.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
have a CMC on my AR10.....it is OK but I guess I was expecting it to be somewhat better....there just enough creep that I find it a bit unpleasant to deal with when trying for very small groups . I cant say I like it any better than a Rock River match I have on an AR15

If I were buying again , I might try one of the 2 stage dropins....I suspect it is easier to get a safe trigger on a semi auto and a glass rod break at the end that way

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
you don't have to suspect, its fact... 2 stage...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Different strokes I suppose. I've tried RRA varmint, Geiselle, and Stag 2 stage, didn't like any of them. The drop in single stage are way nicer to me.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
Different strokes I suppose. I've tried RRA varmint, Geiselle, and Stag 2 stage, didn't like any of them. The drop in single stage are way nicer to me.

I'm with you give me a TIMNEY

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by rost495

Neither. Wilson Combat 3 gun is my favorite. Timney next. CMC and the Rise Fallout are close for me.

Ive had a JP that was nice also.

Ar gold gets great reviews, but Ive never tried one

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
BTE is nice single stage trigger

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a Geissele 3Gun trigger but am probably going to sell it to fund an AR Gold.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 51 invisible), 2,247 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.