Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
In the recent American Rifleman they introduce Tract optics. I spent a little time chatting on line with the founder, Jon, about their binoculars. John was in senior management at Nikon before starting Tract and he mentioned he had been in touch with Rick Bin. The bin's had all the standard features in a lightweight, very attractive package, - made in Japan. I appreciated his taking the time with me today.

I have looked at a number of newer companies in my quest for the perfect smallish binocular and these guys look promising and have me marking most off the check boxes on my list of features. I am hoping someone might have had a chance to see\feel some of their products and chime in.

Oh- nice little ballistic calculator on their site too.

Tract optics

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
These sort of things seem to be popping up everywhere lately;

Maven is ex Brunton guys
Styrka is ex Kowa guys
Tract is ex Nikon guys

Interesting.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Hi JG, I didn't know Styrka was ex Kowa- no wonder I liked them. They were also really responsive when I chatted with them and offer a good bundle. Jon at Tract seems like a good dude too- and I like that their line is Japanese of course. Only the S7 Syrka line is, the S5 which is what I was most interested in was Chinese, like Snypex and Carson. The Mavens are nice but pricey.
I was poking Jon about coming out with a 7x35. Would love to see one and think it might make a company stand out a bit.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Good stuff kenjs1. These are great times to be an optics junkie! I honestly believe the high end alpha makers will feel a crunch affecting their top end products because the mid-level stuff ($500-$1000)is getting to be so good.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
FWIW Jon is a stand up guy and has a wonderful optics background.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the kind note Kenjs1. You said it Doug, Jon is a great guy and absolutely lives for quality optics.

This is our first post here at 24hr, but you'll be seeing us a lot. In the coming weeks I'll be introducing more of Tract to the shooters here to give you guys the information you need on Tract if you're in the market for a scope or binocular....or like most of us, feeding the optic addition, grin .

If you have any questions on or about Tract always feel free to shoot me a message. I just got back from a plains game hunt in Africa and I'm dying to write and post a review.

Trevor
Tract Optics

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trevor,

hoping to get to check out your products in Fort Worth at the trophy Hunter show first weekend in August.

. Confucius
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Jon will be there and will be more than happy to show you the line up. I'm thinking it may be one of those "wow" moments once you look thru the glass. Love to hear your thoughts after you get some time with them.

Trevor
Tract Optics

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Trevor, what would you compare the glass in your Toric binocular line to? Is there any plans for an 8x32? Thanks!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Toric line seems like a solid product for their price range, doesn`t hurt they have a lifetime warranty.

IC B3

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
JG,

I'll just preface this by a short background. I have about 12 years in the outdoor/hunting/optics industry. Worked product management at OpticsPlanet for 5 years as well. While there I was lucky enough to use, shoot, test, and abuse every major optic company. Also got the nice employee discount so I have way more binos and scopes than I need.....whom I kidding, I need them all!

That being said, when I first looked thru the Toric I was very impressed. Then Jon told me the price, and I was blown away. I may ruffle feathers, but the truth is going to come out either way. This glass is just as good as the Razor HD. If you were doing side by side comparisons with the swaro SLC, you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference. Zeiss conquest? Flat out better.
I know that's a tall order, but I'm standing behind that. Have a 30 day return policy if they aren't up to your liking, have the Tract trust assurance guarantee as well. We got you covered.

That all being said, I have a great story from when I used my Toric 10x42 in Limpopo SA a few weeks back. Around day 5 of the hunt my PH's had asked about them being that they hadn't recognized the name. Both looked thru them, and I kid you not, one PH asked me if he could use them the rest of the hunt. He said they were much better than his. He then took off his harness holding a Leupold McKinley and used my Toric the next 4 days. He offered to purchase them at the end of the hunt, and I'll just say they stayed in Africa with them...

Trevor
Tract Optics

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Forgot your second question...as for an 8x32....there might be a few more models on the docket wink

Trevor
Tract Optics

Last edited by TRACT_Optics; 07/07/16.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks Trevor. Nice to have you around, and thanks for answering. Welcome to the 'fire too.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Please show us a 30mm tube with mil mil. Reticle.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Thanks JG. Happy to be here.

Sidepass,

Lots of irons in the fire grin . We came out with what we wanted in a core hunting offering at various price points and have already expanded it with the 22Fire and Response scopes. BUT...there is more coming... wink

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks for the info. My next project should be done in sept and I'll need some new optics. Lol
thanks Trevor

Last edited by sidepass; 07/07/16.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Welcome to the fire...have you done any extensive testing on the tracking and RTZ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Trevor,

Any chance you could post a photo of the eye cups on the bino? Mainly interested in the girth (or lack thereof) around the oculars. Thank you, and, welcome to the fire.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TRACT_Optics
JG,

I'll just preface this by a short background. I have about 12 years in the outdoor/hunting/optics industry. Worked product management at OpticsPlanet for 5 years as well. While there I was lucky enough to use, shoot, test, and abuse every major optic company. Also got the nice employee discount so I have way more binos and scopes than I need.....whom I kidding, I need them all!

That being said, when I first looked thru the Toric I was very impressed. Then Jon told me the price, and I was blown away. I may ruffle feathers, but the truth is going to come out either way. This glass is just as good as the Razor HD. If you were doing side by side comparisons with the swaro SLC, you'd be hard pressed to notice a difference. Zeiss conquest? Flat out better.
I know that's a tall order, but I'm standing behind that. Have a 30 day return policy if they aren't up to your liking, have the Tract trust assurance guarantee as well. We got you covered.

That all being said, I have a great story from when I used my Toric 10x42 in Limpopo SA a few weeks back. Around day 5 of the hunt my PH's had asked about them being that they hadn't recognized the name. Both looked thru them, and I kid you not, one PH asked me if he could use them the rest of the hunt. He said they were much better than his. He then took off his harness holding a Leupold McKinley and used my Toric the next 4 days. He offered to purchase them at the end of the hunt, and I'll just say they stayed in Africa with them...

Trevor
Tract Optics

I like that you are straight up and honest. If what you say is true then some of the big names had better be very worried. I may try a set for this season. If true I'll sing your praises, if not I'll be brutally honest in my assessment and comparisons.

I've had both the Razor HD 10x42 and the Swaro SLC HD 10x42. The Razor was good, not great. Decent glass, excellent warranty and pretty lightweight. The Swaro SLC is a damn fine pair of binoculars. Very bright and clear, with an excellent view. Only reason I sold them was I never used them, I was always behind my Swaro SLC HD 15x56 grin

Was about to pull the trigger on a pair of Meopta Meostar 8x42 HD's. They have great reviews and a very good military discount. I'm looking forward to seeing how these compare as I am a bit of a optics junky.

Last edited by STS45; 07/08/16.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
kenjs1 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Welcome to the Fire Trevor.

Doug I was glad to see I didn't ruffle feathers by the introduction and was happy to see your endorsement of Jon.

Last edited by kenjs1; 07/08/16.

. Confucius
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

508 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,633 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.