What do you think, mail, or no mail?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I was told that it is not a strike but a lockout if the union wouldn't accept reduced pensions.

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I think they will settle.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I received an email from the VP-sales for CP saying that it's a strike because of negotiations over an increase in wages with no pension changes.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Jordan;
Good morning to you sir, I hope other than the looming postal issue this finds you folks well.

I'm not hopeful for a solution between the two parties actually - what I am more hopeful of is the government deeming them an essential service and mandating them back to work.

Both my good wife and I work for separate private construction firms and most of the cheques to suppliers and sub-contractors go via mail. While it's possible to courier them at nearly $10 a pop that's going to get old really fast.

Most of my online purchases - more and more of those these days isn't there - come via Canada Post.

Both sides should really get their collective outermost parts from their nethermost and see what reality looks like for them today and 5 years from now.

A work stoppage, no matter who is to blame isn't going to endear either side with rank and file Canadians and they really and truly don't need us looking for alternate routes/methods.

Anyway Jordan, that's the view from my section of the lately soggy south Okanagan.

All the best to you all this summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Jordan;
Good morning to you sir, I hope other than the looming postal issue this finds you folks well.

I'm not hopeful for a solution between the two parties actually - what I am more hopeful of is the government deeming them an essential service and mandating them back to work.

Both my good wife and I work for separate private construction firms and most of the cheques to suppliers and sub-contractors go via mail. While it's possible to courier them at nearly $10 a pop that's going to get old really fast.

Most of my online purchases - more and more of those these days isn't there - come via Canada Post.

Both sides should really get their collective outermost parts from their nethermost and see what reality looks like for them today and 5 years from now.

A work stoppage, no matter who is to blame isn't going to endear either side with rank and file Canadians and they really and truly don't need us looking for alternate routes/methods.

Anyway Jordan, that's the view from my section of the lately soggy south Okanagan.

All the best to you all this summer.

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne,

I'd agree with you on the mandate. To me the whole thing seems like a bunch of entitled youth wanting to make $15 per hour for flipping burgers at McDonald's. During an economic downturn when most people are happy to have a job and be able to pay the bills, the CP guys think they should be entitled to a raise?? Ridiculous, IMO. Either way, as an essential service, a strike shouldn't be allowed so readily.

Hope you have a great week!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Why do gov't workers expect a defined benefit pension plan? Seems to me that the tax payer takes their risk for them.

I think that Canada should sell all these assets and privatize. Canada Post, CBC, health care and so on.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,242
Posts18,466,861
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.