-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I thought this was interesting regarding how Canadian RCMP jack booted badge carriers were finally curtailed.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/06/13/damage-claims-from-rcmps-high-river-gun-grab-total-23-million

Good for that court.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Good new for sure..
Wonder who was the farkwit that gave the order to search the houses to begin with, and if he still has a job?
I hope not as his decision cost the taxpaper 2.3 million $$$.

It's a great life if you don't weaken..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You're kidding. He probably got a promotion.

I lost most of my respect for the Mounties back when we had the marches on Ottawa and their snipers were lining their guns up on us from the roof tops. High River just took away what was left.

Jim

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Happy birthday, Jim!

Re: the Mounties

Common sense does not seem to be that common with them, for sure.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
From the very end of that article:

Jane White and her husband Donald are among the thousands left with a small cheque for some of the damages, and hardly any respect for the people who were supposed to protect the town during the flood, not use rising water as an excuse to ignore the law.

“They paid for the door, but they didn’t pay for the mud they left all over the carpet, which was new at the time,” said Jane, who also reported mud on her bed, jewelery boxes and closet, and was paid about $1,400 for her troubles.

As well, there were scrapes and gouges left in the wall when Mounties removed a locked gun safe containing 11 registered weapons from their Hampton Hills home.

Since their firearms were registered, the RCMP knew exactly which homes to target. Sounds like those officers treated the homes of gun owners with absolute contempt as well which implies strongly how they feel about civilians possessing firearms.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gringo Loco
From the very end of that article:

Jane White and her husband Donald are among the thousands left with a small cheque for some of the damages, and hardly any respect for the people who were supposed to protect the town during the flood, not use rising water as an excuse to ignore the law.

“They paid for the door, but they didn’t pay for the mud they left all over the carpet, which was new at the time,” said Jane, who also reported mud on her bed, jewelery boxes and closet, and was paid about $1,400 for her troubles.

As well, there were scrapes and gouges left in the wall when Mounties removed a locked gun safe containing 11 registered weapons from their Hampton Hills home.

Since their firearms were registered, the RCMP knew exactly which homes to target. Sounds like those officers treated the homes of gun owners with absolute contempt as well which implies strongly how they feel about civilians possessing firearms.

Gringo Loco;
Good evening to you sir, I hope the week treated you okay and this finds you where you'd hoped to be.

With all my heart I wish that I could find at least a small point to contend with your statement on. The RCMP of my youth were a well respected part of the communities in which they served.

The evidence however wouldn't support such contention whatsoever.

I too then, am forced to conclude you're absolutely correct on all points.

I can't really begin to articulate how sad that makes me on several levels - but there it is.

All the best to you this summer sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well, BC30cal, one can hope it's only a few rotten apples in the barrel, and that the whole barrel hasn't gone to rot yet. That's pretty much the same situation here in the U.S. No place is immune to the perils of the far left. Likewise, I hope you and yours have a fantastic summer. Regards.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
The RCMP are a political organization which has enormous power here in Canada, where all police have far too much power.

The government in power at the time this atrocity took place was NOT "far left", they were corporate, evangelical Xtians and far RIGHT.

There is little or no difference between the pols in Canada, they are mostly sleazy, often foreigners and frequently treacherous.

It will get worse, IMHO.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Same thing happened here after Katrina, except they knocked on doors, asked if there were any guns present, and bullied their way in to sieze them, all without warrants or probable cause.

Congress passed a law afterwards specifically forbidding such siezures during disasters, and the crooked mayor that ordered it is in the slammer for other misdeeds he committed.

This is the Left, friend of the people, in action.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Great finally they get put in there place, I doubt Trudeau had anything to do with it.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Problem is when they say province had to pay for damages that is we tax payers not really the RCMP.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i would like to know if everybody got their guns back , how many guns were damaged , how many were L.O.S.T,.

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 160user, 222Sako, 1Longbow, 55 invisible), 2,596 guests, and 1,230 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,362
Posts18,469,005
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.