Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Tom Cotten asks Jewell to intervene in Unit 23

There's always hope. They better act fast if they're going to meet the July 1 schedule for publishing hunting regulations.

Although Federal regulations on Federal lands are separate from state hunting regs. The state hunting regs direct hunters to check Federal requirements when hunting on Federal lands. I suppose that means the state schedule is not connected to Federal actions.

I wonder if Alaska Sate troopers have the jurisdiction to enforce Federal regulations on Federal lands. I also wonder if National Park rangers have the resources to patrol Noatak National Preserve sufficiently to accomplish enforcement of regulations in such a vast area.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

GB1

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker

Meetings of the Federal Subsistence Board will be held in Kotzebue on July 19, in Nome on July 20 and in Barrow on July 25, to discuss the AK F&G Request for Special Action submitted by Sam Cotten.

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
That's strange, I hunt on federal land all the time, but it is the state regs I follow. Unless it is a game preserve or something similar you are talking about then we have to check on the fed, but even there they mostly follow what the state sets. The only exceptions are no hunting of Mule Deer does on the CMR Game Range and until recently you couldn't hunt coyotes. Still can't hunt other nongame species.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
KC, you still hanging in there I hope? You certainly never know when they might fix it. Which could be never. Or by the 25th.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In Alaska we are expected to follow State rules on all lands, but if you live in certain areas, there may be certain Federal rules which you can take advantage of - within the constraints of state rules of course. And if the Federal weather does not cooperate with state rules, sometimes the Federal rules will be flexed, bent, or changed to allow extra federal rules - as long as you also follow state rules.

It’s really quite simple. But what would you expect from an agency which hopes the left hand will know what the right hand is doing, when that same agency’s left hand has no clear idea what its left hand is doing?

Last edited by Klikitarik; 07/10/16.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
That's strange, I hunt on federal land all the time, but it is the state regs I follow. Unless it is a game preserve or something similar you are talking about then we have to check on the fed, but even there they mostly follow what the state sets. The only exceptions are no hunting of Mule Deer does on the CMR Game Range and until recently you couldn't hunt coyotes. Still can't hunt other nongame species.

The Federal Subsistence Board is unique to Alaska. The Alaska Big Game Hunting brochure clearly states that you have to check Federal regulations when hunting on Federal lands.

KC Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
KC, you still hanging in there I hope? You certainly never know when they might fix it. Which could be never. Or by the 25th.

Rost:

Yep. Still planning on hunting in Alaska this year. The only question is where, which unit.

KC

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FWIW I found out years ago, if you had extra time, pilots during season will try to work you in. Might be super early or super late or take an extra day or two.... but for the most part they know its their time of the year to bank.

Hope it goes well one way or another!

I'm gonna have to save a bit of extra jack next year for doubling tag costs, or like Carolyn said, maybe that means its time to help our friends with a spike at home and then strike out after bear or just fish and hike after moose season closes. Plus there is caribou around and about off the roads if one gets lucky...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 280shooter, 2500HD, 6 invisible), 1,560 guests, and 699 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,520
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.