Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by John_Boy
So the story goes about Jordan from another Border Patrol agent who served in the 1950's.....

? hearsay ?

More / some evidence !!

Jerry

It's more fact than fiction.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It happened

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MOGC
It happened

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2384639

See post #34

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 405wcf
Originally Posted by MOGC
It happened

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2384639

See post #34

That definitely settles it.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I find it hard to profile a man's life based on a tragic accident.

DF

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I find it hard to profile a man's life based on a tragic accident.

DF

Agreed...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Same thing happened in Texas (THP). Two fellow workers had been practicing quick draw with unloaded guns for weeks. They came out of a resturant one evening, the victim said draw, the shooter instinctively did, and missed the X ring just enough that the heart and spine were missed.

It was touch and go, but the victim lived. Boss came to town to fire the shooter, but the victim convinced the boss that he was equally to blame for the deal. Shooter said that thousands of times, he wanted the bullet back.

I later "rode the River" with the shooter. He had my back and I never feared a similar tragedy.

I was fortunate to meet and visit at length with Bill Jordan a couple of times. A guy I knew was an old pistol shooter competitor from the old days, and Bill was in town to visit him on both occasions. My opinion of him was that he was good people. Our conversations about shooting were about paper targets and game. Neither of us ever mentioned shooting people.

Last edited by jt402; 07/14/16.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Bill Jordan was definitely good folk. Accidents happen unfortunately.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by moosemike

And, unfortunately, in today's world somebody is expected to "pay" for every accident.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
In today's verbiage the incident wasn't an accident. It was negligence on the part of Mr. Jordan. There is a difference, though I wouldn't paint Bill Jordan a terrible person for it.

IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by moosemike

And, unfortunately, in today's world somebody is expected to "pay" for every accident.

LMAO.

Well if you shot my dad, I'd sort of expect somebody to "pay" for that.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Way back then, if that happened in my parlor and I were not a cop; I would have done jail time and lost every penny I would later earn. That wasn't an "Accident" it was profound negligence and should have ended his career, pension and future net worth.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I met Charlie at Camp Bullis, Texas. He was testing shotguns that day; must have had 15 or so with him. I was 21 at the time and he was quite polite. Got a Christmas card from him for many years...read all his writings.

I'll guarantee you that if Charlie was around today and put in charge of the southern border.....he'd solve the problem...one way...or another!! He didn't cater to giving orders....twice!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
My older brother served with him in the Army paratroopers. He said the colonel was a psychotic sumbitch and a stone, cold killer without any compunction at all. I only met Askins once at the NRA convention. He had those cold gray eyes like sharks have with no feelings in them and they seemed to be looking right through you. It was then that I knew what my brother said about him was true.

Despite what your momma told you, violence does solve problems.
W
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
W
I am like Bob in NH I liked Askins. Would have liked to have met him. He did take overy 700 head of big game..

Someine mentioned Elmer hunting with a .30-06. He did as a young man, but the .33's were his pick.

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobWills
My older brother served with him in the Army paratroopers. He said the colonel was a psychotic sumbitch and a stone, cold killer without any compunction at all. I only met Askins once at the NRA convention. He had those cold gray eyes like sharks have with no feelings in them and they seemed to be looking right through you. It was then that I knew what my brother said about him was true.

I believe that.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Yeah Brit he was pretty bad! grin

On the other hand, Bob, if you were in a fox hole, pinned down by hostile fire, Ole Charlie would be a pretty good companion.

DF

DF: No doubt about it.

I agree with the fact he was pretty bad under contemporary standards of political correctness. But in his era, he was what the doctor ordered.

I'm not so sure sometimes that we have so many problems today, because we don't have more like him.

It's ironic that the existence of civilization depends in large part on the existence of the Warrior Cllass. This is irrefutable and proved by history.

The dumbing down and P.C. profiling of our military is gonna cost us. Georgie Patton, in today's Army, would have never made General. Just being one of the greatest tank commanders of all times wouldn't matter. P.C. trumps about everything. I don't see Patton suffering fools kindly, catering to transgender and openly homosexual troops.

DF

Things are such these days that being the "military's greatest tank commander" means little, for good reason.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Unrepentent Sinner seemed to pretty much confirm that it is possible to possess neither a conscience nor a soul.

fwiw,
I think that is going a bit far... The man enjoyed shooting the 8mm caliber and Mexicans. That said the Mexicans were armed and would have been all too happy to have killed him. I have zero issues with his actions. If we had fewer cameras, less oversight, and fewer pussies in positions of authority this country would not be heading for a White Minority and Latino Majority by 2050 or earlier. Chew on that and tell me how it sits with you if you are not brown...

Viewing olden times through our modern screwed up lens of political correctness and a complete failure to control one of the clearest threats to the safety of the United States, being the Cartels along the border, with their representatives, in uniform and out, is a bit like a lot of your all you can eat buffets. Just a bit more than I can hold down...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah Brit he was pretty bad! grin

On the other hand, Bob, if you were in a fox hole, pinned down by hostile fire, Ole Charlie would be a pretty good companion.

DF

DF: No doubt about it.

I agree with the fact he was pretty bad under contemporary standards of political correctness. But in his era, he was what the doctor ordered.

I'm not so sure sometimes that we have so many problems today, because we don't have more like him.

It's ironic that the existence of civilization depends in large part on the existence of the Warrior Cllass. This is irrefutable and proved by history.

I'm with Bob here.

Everyone takes orders while serving in our military, and the good Col didn't start out as a Col. It was and is learned behavior. It's a tough job out there and to be judged for the dirty work that needs to happen is tough work. Some folks enjoy it a little more than others but accomplishing the mission is the priority and anyone who doesn't strive for that doesn't stick around long.

Last edited by beretzs; 07/25/16.

Semper Fi
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm going to have to get THE UNREPENTANT SINNER.

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (02bfishn, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10ring1, 16penny, 65 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,460
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.