Print Thread
Hop To
T
TheBig1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Forgive me, I didn't know where to put this but since I came here initially for the reloading information I'll put it here.

I'm new to reloading having only been doing it a month or so. Of course I've been reading and researching it for at least twice that long.

During my research, reading, and Q & A sessions I was fortunate enough to be contacted by a gentleman who took me under his wing to teach me things that I didn't know or understand. He's an older experienced bench rest shooter who is teaching me the finer points of reloading. I'm fairly smart and pick things up fast. The best part is that I learn best when taught how to do things right the first time, as that's all that I know and I'll do it like that from this point on.

Although I may be dabbling in some more advanced techniques, there is plenty that I do not understand and I feel that I have no business attempting at this time.

I say this because if I ask questions about something advanced that someone feels I have no business attempting please understand that I am VERY respectful of the severity of mistakes in this hobby and have no intentions on being an unsafe reloader.

With that being said I'd like to thank you all for the wealth of information and knowledge that you all are willing to share.

Please feel free to ask any questions or leave any constructive criticism.

Chad

BP-B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Welcome, Chad!

No one here is too old (or experienced) too learn something new and even raw, green beginners have something to offer, so we are glad you're here.

Ask away, I have never seen anyone here tell another person that they shouldn't be attempting an "advanced" technique just because they were a beginner.

Everyone is ignorant, only on different subjects and at different levels. BTW, ignorance is repairable, stupid is permanent and the result of having the proper info and not using it.

Ed.

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

T
TheBig1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks Ed, I like the way you think.

Chad

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
TheBig1: Chad welcome aboard and welcome to The Campfire!
I virtually had to teach myself how to reload - I was 12 years old (in 1959) when I began this endeavor.
My family was poor and in order for me to be able to shoot centerfire Rifles/ammunition I had to learn how to "scrounge" range brass and gather components and equipment as cheaply as I could - hardest of all I had to hitch-hike or bum a ride to town to ask the local sport shop owner, how and what to do next.
My father was busy working two jobs and did not reload.
So I was on my own.
I have been reloading for 57 years now and am proud of the accuracy, reliability and lethality I achieve with my reloads, for my many Varmint and Big Game Rifles!
Reloading is a useful, rewarding and relaxing hobby/pastime for me - and I look forward to sharing with you anything and everything I have learned in the past 57 years.
Again welcome.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

T
TheBig1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thank you VarmintGuy, I appreciate it. I can tell by your story that you're a knowledgeable and dedicated reloader with an amazing degree of knowledge.

Chad

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Welcome Chad!!

T
TheBig1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks Gravy!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

welcome to the Fire......good guys here....

a few ding dongs too....... grin

reloading is a great hobby...set your room up in a place where you

can concentrate what you are doing.....sooo..what cha loading ??

I started in '73...still learning too....my bag is p/dogs guns....

this time of year keeps me busy....but Marlin lever guns have a big

spot on my loading bench too....357...44M..45 Colt...45-70...

gotta luv Marlin levers......the real ones.......

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

T
TheBig1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Right now I'm starting out with some basics, 9mm, 243, 223, and 22-250.

Working up some coyote, fox,and deer loads for the 250. I'm having a blast.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Chad- welcome. Do hunt bear there? thanks. ron

IC B3

T
TheBig1 Offline OP
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Ron, no I've never hunted bear although bear hunting is pretty big here.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
654 members (10gaugemag, 257Bob, 12344mag, 1234, 06hunter59, 257man, 73 invisible), 2,922 guests, and 1,312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,667
Posts18,399,373
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.