Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I got mine from Olympic Arms nice flat top and a threaded bull barrel--the mags were about $16 ea. when I bought 10

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
had no idea Oly made one. every oly i have had was superb

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The online reviews for the KS-47's are pretty good.

Of course, the last AK I bought also had very good online reviews... smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Nice thing about the olympic 7.62 x 39 lower is the mag well takes standard 223 mags--so change the bolt and upper to shoot 223

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
CMMG sells them as complete lowers. MSRP is about $600.

I. Assume you mean the Mutant in 7.62 x 39 which is not a 15 or a 10 size receiver and I twill only work with a CMMG Mutant upper.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Well with flave precision vouching for em I went ahead with the Daytona tactical package and C products 10 round magazine. As soon as it arrives and gets slapped together I'll give some feedback if anybody wants...

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My KS-47 lower is here. Now I just need the matching upper & parts smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i ended up buying a Radical arms upper and a bcg from primary arms. also bought 2 asc 30 round mags
it arrived today and i slapped it on a psa Blackhawk lower that also arrived today.
the only ammo i had was some i had loaded for a ak47 that was stolen last summer. i forget the internals of the load but the bullet was a cast Lee .
put a fastfire on top and burned 2 mags to see how it would do. 4 inches at 100 with the FF and tired eyes.
had 2 failures to feed but both were from lite loads. could hear they were lite and didn't even have to look.
all in all i really like it. now to work up some good jacketed loads.
going to give Radical a call and find out the bore size tomorrow . wont matter with the cast but might with jacketed.
i could slug the barrel but a phone call is so much easier.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Certifiable
Well with flave precision vouching for em I went ahead with the Daytona tactical package and C products 10 round magazine. As soon as it arrives and gets slapped together I'll give some feedback if anybody wants...

What's the status?????

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Everything went together sweet..it's ready roll. Most likely just going to top it with a Burris ff3 I have laying around and let if fly.
The tutelage and support of flave precision will not go unrewarded ..

She's gone shootin..
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I wanna see this thing get up and running.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Is brass cased Russian cheaper than blackout?
Is running Russian bulk through an AR more accurate or reliable than through an AK?
So...
If you want 2200 in a 125 run by BO in the AR.
If you want to burn bulk steel run an AK.

The original question makes as much sense as buying an AK in blackout that takes AR magazines.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Gentleman...flave,
I got this rifle out to shoot Friday and just wanted to report on the results for those who may care..

I bought this with the sole purpose of a steady diet of cheap steel ammo and that's what I fed it. Maybe 200 rounds thru it this time..I had read plenty of the issues of FTF due the very hard primers used in the russain ammo but wanted to give it a go before any modifications were made just to see wtf...
Turns out this is true and approx 40% of rounds would not fire on the first try, but all of those firing with the second go.. Not really surprised and not really dissapointed. A modified firing pin and Wolff trigger spring should hit the door today and we'll see how that works. $15 worth of parts and all the reviews say these will solve the issue. Unfortunately didn't have any domestically produced 762x39 ammo on hand but would have liked to try that just for fun.
The gun cycled perfectly and fed fine from c-product straight 10 round mags, which is the mag DT recommended.
Had a Burris AR-f3 sight mounted and liked the way it worked. Plenty easy to keep all rounds in the black with various makes of Russian surplus. Tula was some of the worst in regards to FTF..
Will get the firing pin and spring installed and report back..
All in all pretty pleased with the kit and plan on having lotsa fun hammering on it in the future [Linked Image]

She's gone shootin..
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
UBE.

Dave

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Palmetto got the parts in to allow me to finish a KS-47, so I have them on order. The barrel is nitrided 4150, so it should be a durable rifle and reasonably useful. This kit includes a 13" Keymod handguard. They also have the lower receivers in stock.

If you want an AR that takes AK mags, the KS47 is probably the least expensive way to get there.

C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Let us know how it goes Tex..

She's gone shootin..
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Cert, when you get the primer strike problem solved, watch for sales on Wolf ammo. Here's some at $.21/rd.

https://www.ammograb.com/762x39mm/

Just checked some invoices from 11-12 years ago, and prices really haven't changed all that much. I was paying between $.17 and $.21/rd at that time. So yes, it is still a viable and relatively inexpensive cartridge to shoot.

Suggest you stick with Wolf, Wolf Military Classic or spam cans. I rarely if ever have had feed or go-bang problems with these in my AK's.

Line your garbage cans with the Tula. I've heard more people talk about problems with Tula in many different calibers lately than I care to recall.

Have fun, bud.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Much obliged dirt...

She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
If you start breaking bolts there are options.
Lower bolt is stronger than a mil spec bolt but still works with mil spec extensions, uses a milled extractor not mim.
Top bolt tested 34% stronger than a mil spec bolt but needs a matching extension to work. That extension will work with the 750XD bolt AND mil spec bolts.
[Linked Image]

"I threw a touchdown pass in the last minute to win the state championship game. I know it was 30 years ago and not relevant to this discussion but it makes me important and believable, it's the only great thing I even accomplished"
C
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Took the rifle out again today. First I installed only the longer firing pin to see if that alone was enough to rectify the FTF's. First mag ran great but second mag started having light strikes and FTF again. So swapped in the enhanced trigger spring. Proceeded to run at least 100 rounds of various russain ammo thru the gun without another issue. Thing is a lot of cheap fun to hammer away on with the Burris ff3

Will say that this barrel does seem to pick up a lotta copper... Not sure if its just a rougher barrel or maybe due the cheaper ammo/bullets being used? Either way it's not a problem just takes some cleaning that's for sure...

She's gone shootin..
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

485 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 007FJ, 59 invisible), 1,954 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,216
Posts18,447,378
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.