Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
My god mother gave me some peopera that look like long, thin jalapeño peppers, but they have no heat at all

Any ideas what they may be

They have a great "pepper" taste but no heat

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I have seen Serranos that had zero heat in the body if you clean the seeds and pith out well. That core and seeds can and will be pretty hot though. They look like you described. Most Serranos will have some heat in the body, but not all and all that I have tried had great flavor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not what you're describing, but I bought some 'tame' jalapeno plants a couple of years ago. Peppers looked just like a regular jalapeno, had the flavor of a jalapeno, but none of the heat. I really liked them for making cream cheese bacon wrapped grilled peppers.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I ate these whole, seeds and all and no heat whatsoever.

Some are Kong and thin, some curl right up

But have that distinctive " hot pepper" look

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Dark Green, or light green.

Sounds like Anahiems

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I guess light green, colored just like a jalapeño. Nowhere near as dark as a bell pepper

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Greenhouses here have been selling Anaheims for Hungarian Wax. Pretty disappointing when you try to stuff them with cabbage and find no heat.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

Planted Hungarian Wax for the first time this year. I really like the flavor and heat from them.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Sounds like you may have Cowhorn peppers, but hard to tell without a picture. My brother in-law gave me some claiming they were to hot for him. Ive had hotter bell peppers than what he gave me. I diced them up and used them in meatloaf and my wife didn't even notice them. Usually she can tell if someone walked a hot pepper through the kitchen while her food is being cooked.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
These aren't much bigger around than a sharpie marker, And sometimes not that big

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Well that description matches the cowhorns I was given. I guess you can pick them just about any size you prefer.

The only peppers I care much for are bells, jalapeños, and Hatch green chiles. My mouth is watering just thinking about a couple of bushels of fresh roasted chiles, but that is another thread.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (219 Wasp, 10gaugeman, 1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 47 invisible), 3,288 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,292
Posts18,467,960
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.