Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
The wife gave me the day off, so to speak (no chores), so I decided to nose around Bud's website. I saw they had a bunch of M&P trade-ins on hand, and decided to run over there (it's about a two-hour drive).

I looked some over, and picked out a full-sized 9mm M&P. I think it was a classic cop gun, carried a little, shot very little. The officer must have been a southpaw, as he had the magazine latch set up for a lefty.

I switched it out, and the backstrap, too.

Seems nice enough, but not used much, and there's VERY little wear on the slide, so he either didn't mess with it much, or kept it really carefully. It came with 3 magazines and a hard case, and all the other stuff a brand-new gun would have, owner's manual, spent case, etc.

I don't know how well the night sights have held up, yet, but I'm not too worried about it.
I think it'll be a good addition to the pile of plastic I'm building up, two SR-22s, an M&P 22C, and this little pissant nine sillimeter. If nothing else, it'll be fun to play with.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
BP-B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Probably one of the best sidearms available.

Good pick.

Dave

PS-Don't let your wife decide what you do with your Saturday. Ever.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
The wife gave me the day off, so to speak (no chores), so I decided to nose around Bud's website. I saw they had a bunch of M&P trade-ins on hand, and decided to run over there (it's about a two-hour drive).

I looked some over, and picked out a full-sized 9mm M&P. I think it was a classic cop gun, carried a little, shot very little. The officer must have been a southpaw, as he had the magazine latch set up for a lefty.

I switched it out, and the backstrap, too.

Seems nice enough, but not used much, and there's VERY little wear on the slide, so he either didn't mess with it much, or kept it really carefully. It came with 3 magazines and a hard case, and all the other stuff a brand-new gun would have, owner's manual, spent case, etc.

I don't know how well the night sights have held up, yet, but I'm not too worried about it.
I think it'll be a good addition to the pile of plastic I'm building up, two SR-22s, an M&P 22C, and this little pissant nine sillimeter. If nothing else, it'll be fun to play with.
How much?

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I paid $349 for the pistol w/3 mags. More for ammo to shoot in it, but the basic pistol was fairly priced.

They actually fit my hand. Glocks do not fit my hands. I think the Springfield is pretty good, too, but I was after a deal, and I got a good one. No deals on the Springfields.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 07/16/16.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I have 3 M&P pistols,Full size,shield and compact in 9mm cal.All have been dead ass reliable.

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I paid $349 for the pistol w/3 mags. More for ammo to shoot in it, but the basic pistol was fairly priced.

They actually fit my hand. Glocks do not fit my hands. I think the Springfield is pretty good, too, but I was after a deal, and I got a good one. No deals on the Springfields.
Good price, given condition. Yeah, M&Ps are better matched to the human hand than are Glocks.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by coobie
I have 3 M&P pistols,Full size,shield and compact in 9mm cal.All have been dead ass reliable.
I have the M&P9 Compact, and I concur on the reliability comment.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
M&Ps are great, far more reliable than your typical 1911.

Burp

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I tried an m&p for a bit...didn't like it only way I could get it to hit anywhere near where it was pointed was to not use any grip panel

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
You guys have me considering trying one out.

Montana MOFO
IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
349 is cheap enough to take a chance on one. Nice grab.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by smallfry

Burp

I'm an old 1911 guy, and I've never had any problems with them. Those who can, do. Those who can't, fuss about 'em.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Yeah, M&Ps are better matched to the human hand than are Glocks.

Do you have your interview with the human hand on video?

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Burp

I'm an old 1911 guy, and I've never had any problems with them. Those who can, do. Those who can't, fuss about 'em.

Shoot more.

Dave

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
349 is cheap enough to take a chance on one. Nice grab.
I agree. IMO, they're the best of the plastic pistols. The first one I bought was about $600, IIRC. I've currently got a full-sized .40 and a 9c. I've never had a bobble with an M&P.

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I was shooting 500-1000 rounds a week, minimum, at the time I had my Glock 19, between several different guns, .45s, Supers, 10mms, and 9s, and competing literally every weekend, for about 17 years straight. Dunno how many pistols I've owned, but I've worn out (literally) two Browning Hi-Powers, and cracked a frame on a 1911 Colt that I bought used, and ran it as a match gun for most of those years.

I also shot a lot of revolvers during that time. If I didn't shoot enough, I'd be real confused about what WOULD be enough. I was pretty well-rounded with ANY kind of handgun excepting Contenders and XPs. Nothing smaller than 9mm, but mostly the over .40 crowd.

Naw, I was shooting enough, the Glocks just don't fit me properly. I don't like Lugers or Steyr pistols, either, and not too fond of Ruger .22 autopistols, for that matter. I like the 1911-angled grip better, or better yet, the CZ-75 angle.

I think the arthritis I'm getting in my wrists/hands is payback for all those years shooting every chance I got. I didn't have a life otherwise, single, making okay money, it ALL went food for me, and feeding my pistols, or match fees. I was "ate up" with it. Took me 17 years to burn out, but now I'm slowly getting back into it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Burp

Congrats? I'd rather walk out of the house with a Makarov.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I was shooting 500-1000 rounds a week, minimum, at the time I had my Glock 19, between several different guns, .45s, Supers, 10mms, and 9s, and competing literally every weekend, for about 17 years straight. Dunno how many pistols I've owned, but I've worn out (literally) two Browning Hi-Powers, and cracked a frame on a 1911 Colt that I bought used, and ran it as a match gun for most of those years.

I also shot a lot of revolvers during that time. If I didn't shoot enough, I'd be real confused about what WOULD be enough. I was pretty well-rounded with ANY kind of handgun excepting Contenders and XPs. Nothing smaller than 9mm, but mostly the over .40 crowd.

Naw, I was shooting enough, the Glocks just don't fit me properly. I don't like Lugers or Steyr pistols, either, and not too fond of Ruger .22 autopistols, for that matter. I like the 1911-angled grip better, or better yet, the CZ-75 angle.

I think the arthritis I'm getting in my wrists/hands is payback for all those years shooting every chance I got. I didn't have a life otherwise, single, making okay money, it ALL went food for me, and feeding my pistols, or match fees. I was "ate up" with it. Took me 17 years to burn out, but now I'm slowly getting back into it.

Well, if you've worn out two Hi-Powers and a 1911, I'd say you shoot enough.

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

No kidding.

I'm more dangerous with a stiff dick and a hangover than I am with a 1911.

Clark

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R

Burp

Knock yourself out. 1911s aren't for everyone. If a Mak makes you warm and fuzzy, go for it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Burp

Knock yourself out. 1911s aren't for everyone. If a Mak makes you warm and fuzzy, go for it.
I own both, dislike both for different reasons. I can rely on a Mak though.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

No kidding.

I'm more dangerous with a stiff dick and a hangover than I am with a 1911.

Clark

But what about when the hobo threw you out of his tent in the morning? grin

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
what sort of competitions did you participate in?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave
Probably one of the best sidearms available.
Good pick.
Dave

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by jimmyp
what sort of competitions did you participate in?

During the '80s and '90s, Louisville had two, sometimes three, IPSC clubs, and a local indoor range held Monday and Wednesday night league shoots, so I was pretty busy with those entities, and on the "off" weekends, I'd drive to Evansville IN or Brownstown IN, which would have IPSC-like shoots. I was working at that indoor range, and part of my pay package was getting components "at cost". I took full advantage of that laugh .

I got pretty good, at one time, I was only a 1/2 % out of "A" class, at the upper tier of "B". I didn't have a real sponsorship, though, and it was all I could do to maintain a real job AND shoot a lot.

Like I said, though, it wasn't much of a life, no balance to it, and that had to change. My hands got beat up pretty good, too, and I just had to do other things, to get some balance back.

Damn I had fun, though. grin

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M&P's are great guns & I have a couple; a full size & a Compact.
They've both been trouble free.

My wife usually carries the Compact & uses them more than me as Glocks seem to fit my hand a bit better.

I doubt you'll be sorry you picked it up..............nice snag.

MM

R
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
R
I took the new-to-me Smith to the range today, and it went fine. Shot 100 rounds of 115 ball ammo, and it shot a fuzz high, but well within center of mass.

I expected no different, of course, and it did exactly like it was supposed to. It was smooth, and recoil was light, just like it was supposed to be. The trigger will take some getting used to, as I'm used to 1911 triggers, BHP triggers, etc.
Nothing new there, it's new to me, and will take a little practice getting it squared away to my trigger finger. It did shoot a fuzz high, but that's alright, I think it'll be easy to hit with, at 100 yards, if so desired. The trigger wasn't bad, just different.

I also shot the M&P 22C, but it's got a hitch in its trigger that makes it harder to shoot well, and it weighs 17 oz empty, so it's hard to shoot anyway. Coarse sights on the 22 made it harder to shoot, as well. Adjustable or not, it's harder to shoot well. No matter, I have a 4.5" SR-22 Ruger that's easy to shoot well.
Just gotta learn these new triggers, and all will be dandy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
171 members (257 mag, 2UP, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 14 invisible), 1,470 guests, and 832 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,908
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.