Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
I wondered why I had not yet received my tag that I drew. I was about to call F&G Monday when I got a call from a gentleman in Kansas. He said he received his tag and there were two other tags with them one of which was mine! He is going to mail it to me Monday. He also contacted the other guy and is doing the same.

Really nice guy. I am still going to call Co and ask them WTF?

If you don't get your tags I would for sure give them a call as there apparently some problems.

Lefty C

GB1

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Just business as usual for the great CPW.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
P
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
P
I got my tag last week. Luckily, it was just my tag. It seemed later than normal. I was just glad I received it. I can't wait for October.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Still waiting on mine. If I don't see it today, I'm calling.

What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Hard to believe that when sending out thousands of tags via mail, that there would be an accident.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Had the same thing happen.

Opened my envelope and there was my tag plus another that belonged to a gentlemen in PA.

Mailed him his tag and called Colorado DOW.

Our transaction numbers (from when we submitted) were concurrent so whoever or whatever was stuff the envelopes... was processing tags in order of transaction and accidentally putting more than one in a package!

Make sure you call them and let them know. The more feedback they get will be helpful to ensure it doesn't happen in the future!!!

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Nor sure any feed back will change anything.

The last few years,the total mess up of on line and counter sales of left over and OTC w/cap licenses got major feed back from a lot of disgusted and inconvienced hunters. All the CPW said was "Were sorry,but it is the only company we can find to do it" and they plan to stay with it.

If anyone is looking to the CPW to do a better job, they had better not hold their breath

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by rost495
Hard to believe that when sending out thousands of tags via mail, that there would be an accident.

I work for a bank where we send out statements every month and I've never heard of this happening.

Leave it to a gov't agency to handle valuables with such "care".

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Seems like they could pull the list of elk tags that were supposed to go out and compare that with the actual postal records showing how many were mailed. If it was a handful of shortfalls, I guess let it slide though it is sloppy and unprofessional. If it is more than a few hundred, seems like they would have to send out a communication somehow stating to call them for a copy of your elk tag.

Got mine but was hoping I had an expensive non-resident tag in there too. Maybe next year.

L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Still didn't receive my tag from the guy in Kansas...Called the guy and he said he thinks his wife lost it. Right! So I guess I call DNR Monday and try to get it straightened out. Hope it dosen,t turn into a goat screw.

Lefty C

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All they'll do is tell the people who stuff the envelopes to be more careful. What else can they do?

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I finally got mine in the mail. I was prematurely pointing the finger at CPW but the envelope was all beat up and wrinkled. I'd say it was lost in the shuffle at the post office. At any rate, it feels good to have it in hand. For those still waiting, I believe you can now call and request a replacement if I'm not mistaken.

What happens when you get scared half to death...twice?
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
And yet,yesterday ,I received the tag I bought online for an OTCw/cap license,I submitted on July 26

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Probably has something to do with government having to go with the lowest bid.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Several years ago the then Division of Wildlife had a great idea that they would use prison inmates to process license applications. I was presenet in the room when our own Mule Deer called them to complain about the whole concept. He objected to them giving convicted criminals access to our personal information and a good idea of when we might be away from home. He was assured that violent criminals would not be involved in the program, only white collar type inmates! Luckily that dumb idea did not go forward, but many others have.

The older I get the better I was.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Oh that's all we need, handing white collar criminals our personal info. They're the ones who know how to misuse it. That's why they're there.

Most of these prison 'industries' have been shut down because they're interfering with business by honest citizens. They're taking good paying jobs from those who need them and have kept their noses clean.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
L
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
L
Talked to them yesterday...

Two options:
they will mail me a lost license form, I mail it back to them and in three weeks or so I will get mailed a new tag.

Second option Go into one of their offices, fill out a lost license form and get a tag FTF. (for a slight processing fee)

So down to Ft. Collins to get it done. This would be a real PIA for someone out of state.

LC

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As bad as the CO Division of Wildlife was, CPW is multiple factors worse. I have spoken to a few wardens out in the field, and they always complain about poor wages, bald tires on their pickups, pickups and ATV's that are not maintained, etc.

The goat screw with the licenses is due to a load of idiots in Dallas who landed the contract and are joyfully delaying and fouling up the licensing system. I have complained all the way to the top with zero results. I guess one can always take their money elsewhere...

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Well I'm jealous! Young son and I received our OTC bull tags today via USPS. He got two identical tags! I only got one!

laugh

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1234, 74 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,870
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.