Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Memorial day ride with the bride was beautiful. My horse startled and spun, felt my upper body was going over so bailed. Damn that landing. Looking very much like my Elk hunt the 2nd week of september is a loss. 3 lg pcs of bone and some sawdust steel plate 4 screws and bone puddy. Trying to put humpty dumpty back to geather again. Where do we buy miracles? Just venting !

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry to hear about that. Get well.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My hunting partner tore his ACL and damaged his meniscus this spring doing avalanche mitigation. He had surgery on April 20, and could not bend or put any weight on his leg for 6 weeks. He is rehabbing now on the stationary bike and stretching and doing various exercises. It is severely painful, he says, but he is adamant about hunting this September. He is way ahead of his rehab schedule and has been walking for a week or two with no brace. We are fairly confident he will be able to hunt this bow season, although taking it slow and careful. It would not be possible without his full 110% dedication to rehab. Don't give up and work hard, extra hard, on your rehab and maybe, just maybe....! Good luck!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]This same thing happened to me in 2012 riding in to elk camp 2 days before opening day. Horse kicked me right below the knee. I have a new respect for Co search&rescue.

Last edited by CoElk101; 06/11/16.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I forgot to tell you to stay positive and push yourself on your physiotherapy. OH DID I FORGET TO TELL YOU TO STAY POSITIVE AND PUSH YOURSELF ON PHYSIOTHERAPY.

If you are not America first you are america last. Be loud and proud America first.
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Had the staples removed yesterday 1 week after surgery. Spent 5 hrs on the leg machine. Another 8 today and got another 12 degrees of flexion today. On ice now and it starts again Tomorrow. Ill wake up and take a percocet to off set the discomfort and go for it. For the next 6 weeks. Will start the stationary bike with my right healthy foot for some cardio.
No weight for 4 months on the injured leg. Doc wants the fix to be set before loading the leg. As he says we might get where were going early and that would be a blessing.
His question to me whats the first thing you'll do after the fact? Ride the horses with the wife.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I broke mine on the 12 of october and was back to work on 1/1/2013. I was on crutches till last of feb the doc did not think i would get more than 110 degrees total. i pushed my pt real hard and ended up with 130 degrees. I broke the same leg a compound fracture when i was 19 I was in a cast for two years. the plateau fracture for me was a lot more painful than the compound, but healed a lot faster. The doc said i was going to be a good candidate for a knee replacement in the future. all the hardware stayed in. 18 screws and a plate.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry you got hurt.

That looks like it might smart some. Wishing you the best.

Crazy horse.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks Hammerdown, worst part of the pain has past. Do take oxycodon before the leg machine . It helps to ease past those flexion limits that I'm supposed to challange.
The real pain is most likely will miss my Wyoming Elk hunt in sept. Will have to see if theres a med exemption for a refund in Wyoming.

cheers

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by sidepass
Thanks Hammerdown, worst part of the pain has past. Do take oxycodon before the leg machine . It helps to ease past those flexion limits that I'm supposed to challange.
The real pain is most likely will miss my Wyoming Elk hunt in sept. Will have to see if theres a med exemption for a refund in Wyoming.

cheers

There is a medical exemption for WY. Look on the website for the details. I know there are time limits and such,

Todd

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks Todd. Have to call back in the am. At least those funds can finish another project. My buddies will provide me with some meat.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is next year. Stay healthy my friend.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sorry for the injury.

Patrick Swaze said " pain don't hurt ", I guess it don't on TV. smirk

Very sorry about the lost Elk hunt. Hopefully you can make it next year.
I thoroughly sympathize.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geeeeze guys! I have rigs that don't have than many parts.

1Minute
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Sidepass,
So sorry about the accident man, I know it will be tough to miss the elk season. But you will have more in the future, take care and get well soon. I pray everything heals back correctly and you have no lasting effects.

"...buzzards gota eat same as worms" Josey Wales
NRA lifer
Hunting is Conservation
RMEF Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Prayers for you today!

S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
Thanks guys. Started PT today and the therapist was pleased with my range of motion. Just the beginning but my plan is to be ready next year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's nice to hear you are doing well.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (6MMWASP, 338reddog, 260Remguy, 44automag, 4xbear, 79S, 11 invisible), 1,658 guests, and 947 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,189
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.