Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JJHACK Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I found something quite nice for my shooting entertainment. Wonder if you have seen these?

I found 75% life size steel targets with a circle cut out in the "kill zone" or something close. The object is to hit the paddle slightly behind the animal shape just inside the cut out circle. It's not necessarily intended to be anatomically perfect for a lethal shot placement. When the Paddle with the metal circle is hit it falls backward. The target remains upright, only the steel circle falls back.

Under this target there is another 2" diameter paddle hanging which can be shot to reset the " bullseye" paddle back up to the hole in the metal target. I have seen these in rat, crow, rabbit, squirrel, and there is a very small wild boar as well.

There is another clever bit on this design. It has three hole sizes that can be slid over the opening to reduce the size of the hole in the animal shaped silhouette. .5"- 1"- 1.5" holes. I've found that when shooting close with 17FPE even if you hit the edge of the hole the pellet disintegrates and some of the shrapnel will still get through the hole and knock down the paddle.

The animal shapes come in matte black with the target paddle being safety yellow colour. However after an evening with this, the yellow has all been blasted off and it is now a silver grey color, lead plated actually. In full disclosure, there are a few silver spots on the black parts as well!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Terry,
What JJHACK is talking about is this kind of targets.
I got one rabbit one for about 10$. Only the kill zone drops and you reset by hitting the bigger paddle in the bottom

[Linked Image]

In Field target you need to hit you need to hit the kill zone to drop the whole target and get scored.

[Linked Image]

Prices differ a lot, as they are built for competition and need to be reset from afar.

Last edited by Sponxx; 07/19/16. Reason: links

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
765 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 74 invisible), 2,976 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,390
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.