Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Greenies never do figure out real life best I can tell.

YMMV

That pretty much sums it up. Liberals don't have to figure out life...the government does it for them.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On a little side note, often marine filling stations and marinas sell ethanol-free gas. I take an extra can with me when I'm near one so I can fill it up for all of my small engines.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I would too, if I had such. For dang sure.

I"ve been tempted to spend the extra and go fill jugs at the airport too... but never got that far because its more miles out of hte way for me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
On a little side note, often marine filling stations and marinas sell ethanol-free gas. I take an extra can with me when I'm near one so I can fill it up for all of my small engines.

We have several around here. People who depend on boats can't afford the problems that ethanol creates.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

This website has a list of stations selling ethanol free gas.

Click on your state, then find the station nearest you..

http://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=TX

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The biggest problem occurs when you mix ethanol with ethanol free fuels. The additives conflict and gel. Pain in the ass.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Does premium gas have ethanol in it?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by sse

Yes, unless it says otherwise. Ethanol dissolves fuel lines and resins, especially those in fiberglass. It also attracts water and separates in a relatively short amount of time. It also causes more combustion for the amount of energy produced, reducing gas mileage.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Thanks

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by sse

Yes, unless it says otherwise. Ethanol dissolves fuel lines and resins, including those in fiberglass. It also attracts water and separates in a relatively short amount of time. It also causes more combustion for the amount of energy produced, reducing gas mileage.

It's got ethanol in it.

But, after having to pay a large bill for rebuilding the fuel system in my Honda Rancher, the guys there told me to use premium in it. Plus, I treat the gas with Stabil and Stabil Ethanol Treatment.

Run everything regularly.

It seems that the most damage occurs when you let something sit and the gas evaporates from the fuel system. The damaging decay happens then... (After the gas has evaporated and oxidation sets in.)

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by sse

Yes, unless it says otherwise. Ethanol dissolves fuel lines and resins, including those in fiberglass. It also attracts water and separates in a relatively short amount of time. It also causes more combustion for the amount of energy produced, reducing gas mileage.

It's got ethanol in it.

But, after having to pay a large bill for rebuilding the fuel system in my Honda Rancher, the guys there told me to use premium in it. Plus, I treat the gas with Stabil and Stabil Ethanol Treatment.

Run everything regularly.

It seems that the most damage occurs when you let something sit and the gas evaporates from the fuel system. The damaging decay happens then... (After the gas has evaporated and oxidation sets in.)

Useful, thanks...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's the short term problems for sure. Ethanol is also responsible for shorter engine life because of it is a very strong "cleaner". Today's motors will last much longer without it. I guess that's good for the car companies.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
That's the short term problems for sure. Ethanol is also responsible for shorter engine life because of it is a very strong "cleaner". Today's motors will last much longer without it. I guess that's good for the car companies.

Got two pickups and two tractors that run on diesel.

I wish everything else did.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Nice! cool It lists both stations I use, so it seems pretty accurate.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
Originally Posted by sse

Yes, unless it says otherwise. Ethanol dissolves fuel lines and resins, including those in fiberglass. It also attracts water and separates in a relatively short amount of time. IT ALSO CAUSES MORE COMBUSTION FOR THE AMOUNT OF ENERGY PRODUCED, reducing gas mileage.

I got into an online discussion with a liberal ethanol lover on Bangshift.com who believes (like a religion) that ethanol produces more power and provides better MPG than gasoline. When I pointed out that it takes more ethanol to produce as much power as gasoline because a gallon of ethanol produces less energy (heat) than a gallon of gasoline he informed me that heat has nothing to do with energy. When I pointed out that heat has everything to do with power production he let me know how stupid I was stopped responding. A friend of mine has a Lamborgini built by Undergraound Racing that makes about 1200hp on pump gas, about 1500hp on racing gas and over 2000hp on pure ethanol (E100). When he changes fuels he programs the engine control computer for the fuel he is running and the computer adjusts the turbo boost and the amount of fuel to match the fuel. You can run much higher boost with ethanol because it is has a real high octane rating (less explosive). Thanks to the all the free government money given to ethanol producers and E100 is about 1/10 the cost of racing gas. I'm considering running some E85 in my old high compression '68 El Camino but I'd have to up the compression to about 14:1 to make the same more power that it makes on 91 octane gas and the MPG would really suck.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

Looked at a link like that some years ago, said a local station aobut 15 miles away had it. Drove over. Yep, it was sold in quart cans for the lawnmowers...

Just an FYI.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I know this thread wasn't about ethanol to begin with but my post about ethanol sort of fits because the guy that owns the Lamborgini is/was in the oil drilling business. He hasn't drilled a well in over 2 years but made a ton of money when he was drilling. He bought a whole shop full of hot rods (10) and now has plenty of time to enjoy them.

Last edited by victoro; 07/20/16.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
On the highway I get 4-5 more miles per gallon with non-ethanol. It's all I use for the ATV/mower/generator/weedeater etc etc.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
So more ethanol means LESS miles per gallon, which means MORE stops at the pump which means more TAXES collect.

At least Iowa farmers are happy.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Exactly right which is why we all have to drive around in one of these.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (2500HD, 007FJ, 16penny, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 60 invisible), 2,214 guests, and 1,107 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,203
Posts18,466,067
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.