Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by BCJR
We are happy with chickens in Juneau anymore , those are some nice fish!

I hear ya. Little ones are much tastier tho . . .

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
My best so far ,Didnt weigh or measure it , just ate it smile Im 6'4" 235lb for reference. It was a easy ride up until it saw daylight.
[Linked Image]

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Nice 'but!

I took the pic down. Didn't want any hard feelings as many well meaning people don't understand the politics of halibut, big halibut, and charters.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Calvin
Nice 'but!

I took the pic down. Didn't want any hard feelings as many well meaning people don't understand the politics of halibut, big halibut, and charters.

Don't blame you Calvin , butt-hurt is easy to come by in the outdoor business world smile Even happens between friends unfortunately.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Originally Posted by BCJR
We are happy with chickens in Juneau anymore , those are some nice fish!

I hear ya. Little ones are much tastier tho . . .

That is what all you guys that can't catch a decent halibut always say!

Give me the great big soakers! Smoked, the texture is like ham.

The little halibut cannot compete with truly good fish and the big ones smoked are exceptional.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Oh we don't mind big ones , just hard to come by up here .

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Not big by Alaska standards but this was a rodeo for a couple of DIY Okies fishing POW. We were just getting used to the 30-40 pounders.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Nice. Want to catch on pretty bad ourselves, just not quite enough spare time to make that work...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Been busy! Fishing is pretty dang good. Lots and lots of 10lb cohos showing up, if you know where to find them! Halibut is still really good. Lots of bigger lingcod around. Six more guide trips and then I take off for 3 weeks on the Glory to get as many cohos as I can. Then it's hunting season till it's fishing season!

Hope everybody is loading up!

C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by LostArra
Not big by Alaska standards but this was a rodeo for a couple of DIY Okies fishing POW. We were just getting used to the 30-40 pounders.

[Linked Image]

Coffman? Too bad about that Neck Lake coho run. We had about a 4 day lull on this side (not to bad), but it picked right up. I think we are getting either Neets Bay or Stikine cohos right now on the outside. Still a lot of fish out there too that haven't showed yet for the local hatchery run.

IC B3

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
What happened to the Neck lake run? Went up last year on a work trip to the property and finished up early so went out for a few hours and cooned'em. Fishing old school (no riggers) and it was on fire for bigger coho.

Edited to add....nice fish guys. Looks like someone might have been fishing with Gooch. Great guy, great cook!

Last edited by AcesNeights; 08/19/16.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Calvin Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
C
They didn't show this year. I think 1k showed up or something like that. Warm water has stuff all goofed up.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
SSRAA cost recovery info

The return to Neck Lake was pretty much a bust this year, lowest on record. Neets is doing ok but the average size is quite a bit lower which is effecting our cost recovery. I doubt there will be any openers inside this year. We have seen a few coho popping up inside the bay but the numbers are still pretty low. The halibut fishing was hot for about two weeks but it has slowed down lately. I am probably going to go out and chase some fish tomorrow, been trying for deer but they are still up really high. Higher than I want to go after them ;-)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Took the family out yesterday morning for a couple of hours. I didn't get to fish much as I was busy putting fresh eggs on and untangling lines. Didn't matter as it's more fun watching them. They lost a lot and laughed a lot. Doesn't get much better to me.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Ptarmigan; 08/19/16.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Precious photos those are!!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
dandy silvers there!...great pics!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
They didn't show this year. I think 1k showed up or something like that. Warm water has stuff all goofed up.

Thanks for the response. The "blob" had a profound affect on Silvers down here. Last year we caught a ton but not one was over 5#. They were skinny little snakes. That Neck lake fishery is a cool opportunity and it produces some nice fish.

What are the usual returns for that run?

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Hard not to love kids tusslin' with hooknose silvers....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

What are the usual returns for that run?

Check out the link I posted. Actual numbers.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Thanks Hank. I must have missed your post the first time. Duh.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

663 members (12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 160user, 67 invisible), 2,435 guests, and 1,256 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.