Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I am looking for the best price on a new Leupold. The Leupold warranty should cover the scope for any possible defects or issues so I am not so concerned about being able to return it to the vender - really looking for the best price.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
On the classifieds right here....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ingwe
On the classifieds right here....

+1
I've picked up several here.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Unless you are talking about discontinued products you won't find much if any difference in price between any of the various vendors on a new Leupold product. Part of the agreement to sell their products is to sell at the list price. I've seen discontinued items sold below MSRP, but not new production.

Buying a used Leupold is a pretty safe bet. They will fix it if something isn't right regardless of who bought it or how long ago.

For me Cabelas is the best place to buy new. I have a Cabelas CC and get points for my purchases. I've also used points to buy optics and quite often get coupons in the mail for $50-100 off. I've seen returned items in their Bargain Cave at discounted prices and they often offer free shipping.

Other vendors offer similar incentives, some throw in free mounts etc. you just have to look around and see which is best for you.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Run a search on slickguns.com using the item number.

”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always give the SWFA samplelist.com a look before I buy.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JMR40
Unless you are talking about discontinued products you won't find much if any difference in price between any of the various vendors on a new Leupold product. Part of the agreement to sell their products is to sell at the list price. I've seen discontinued items sold below MSRP, but not new production.

Buying a used Leupold is a pretty safe bet. They will fix it if something isn't right regardless of who bought it or how long ago.

For me Cabelas is the best place to buy new. I have a Cabelas CC and get points for my purchases. I've also used points to buy optics and quite often get coupons in the mail for $50-100 off. I've seen returned items in their Bargain Cave at discounted prices and they often offer free shipping.

Other vendors offer similar incentives, some throw in free mounts etc. you just have to look around and see which is best for you.

A quick search on Slickguns disproves that theory. Two major dealers on there selling the new models for around $100 less than MSRP. Not naming specific names here, but it's simple to find. They don't usually come up right away on a Google search, but they are out there.

In fact, I've seen the same scopes sell here on the classifieds for $30-$40 more than they can be had from some dealers.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KenMi
Originally Posted by JMR40

A quick search on Slickguns disproves that theory. Two major dealers on there selling the new models for around $100 less than MSRP. Not naming specific names here, but it's simple to find. They don't usually come up right away on a Google search, but they are out there.

In fact, I've seen the same scopes sell here on the classifieds for $30-$40 more than they can be had from some dealers.

You went to all that trouble and didn't post the link for all your Campfire brothers? wink

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Natchez Shooters Supplies stocks a good line of Leopold scopes and offers free shipping on the order.

μολὼν λαβέ
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Sign up at opticsplanet.com, seems once a month they have a 10% off sell of everything, paid $314.99 plus free shipping for several Leupolds that sale at $349.99 they also have other specials throughout the year.

Example

Leupold FX-II I purchased the 6x36mm LR I am using when they had a 14% off sale. The normal everywhere price is $349.99 I got it shipped to my door for $300.99.

Ted
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Doug at Cameraland now carries Leupold. First rate service and price. You can't go wrong.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
New being the latest model or the ones most folks have the most faith in? Throw out what you want and see if there is a member that has a NIB item and compare prices. Leupolds' warranty is beyond reproach.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
just plug "Leupold" and the model number into google. That's what I'm doing right now. I thought opticsplanet.com had the best price (sign up for their emails and they'll send a 12% coupon) but google directed me to cheaperthandirt when I can save another $35.

M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
If i can help anyone, please let me know. I'm pretty savvy with most scopes in regards to tech support, and I can usually get a good deal on them

Jay Wiggins
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Talk to a guy named "Schmalts" at predator optics. You must call for best deal.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Talk to a guy named "Schmalts" at predator optics. You must call for best deal.
This! He's laid up right now with a broken leg so you should get prompt service...

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

297 members (160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 338rcm, 31 invisible), 1,521 guests, and 923 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,338
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.