I picked up my Barnes Precision AR yesterday and put a few rounds through it today at lunch. This is the 16" Patrolman's Carbine with a few upgrades they added for me.

Initial impressions....
I never understood what people meant when they talked about "fit and finish" on an AR, but now I've got an idea. The anodizing on the receivers is very good. The fit between upper and lower is snug with no rattle at all, but the takedown pins move freely.

The BPM rail is rock solid. The barrel nut is probably around 2" long for a lot of contact with the rail and it is ON. There are anti-rotation QD sockets front and back on both sides. It's a slick rail with picatinny sections to mount as needed at 3-6-9 o'clock. A traditional sling socket is also included at 9 o'clock, I presume for a bipod. The rail feels just right in hand, it's 1.6" from side to side and a bit taller because of the picatinny on top.

BPM offers an adjustable gas tube rather than gas block. I didn't find many reviews on it beforehand, but I'm going to give it a try. There are no adjustment "clicks", but it seems fairly precise from my use this morning. The adjustments are made from the top of the rail, which has a hole drilled for that purpose. Very handy.

The BCG is NiB coated an extremely slick. The bolt is marked "MPI" and "C".

I also ordered a Geissele G2S trigger. I've used the SSA and SSA-E in the past. Mine is breaking at 2#10oz for the first stage and 4#10oz total. There's a tiny bit of creep in the second stage, but it only has about 40 pulls on it so far.

There are a couple of things I'll change...
The Magpul furniture will go. I've started using MOE-K grips and really like them. The MOE stock doesn't have enough cheek cushion for me and will probably be replaced with a B5.

The castle nut isn't staked, but I'll probably replace the end plate with a QD model before I fix that.

And BAD ambi safeties are becoming standard on my ARs too, so I'll eventually change that out.

So far I'm very impressed. No range report yet, I'll have to put some glass on it and stretch it out soon.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling