Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 338rcm
Mounted a Euro Class on a 376 Styer, it lasted 3 rounds before the crosshair broke. Great glass, durability not so much so

I put a new Vortex 2-7 on a 257 Roberts and got 3 shots off before the horizontal was hanging sort of strangely........

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I had a Japanese-made Tasco 3-9X40 World Class that withstood a couple hundred rounds of .300 WinMag, and was still working great when I replaced it.

I put a Chinese made one(?) on a Remington 700 BDL, in the scope-shattering .308 Winchester cartridge.

Within 20 rounds, the cross-hair broke on the right side and drooped. The dealer replaced it. Within 20 rounds, the Ocular lense on the replacement had turned sideways and was protruding out of the scope....

I had also owned a Japanese-made 4-16X44 that was very reliable, I kinda wished I'd have held onto that one, but I let it go on an AR set up for varminting.

After I learned that Tasco had moved their production to China, I went in another direction with scopes. Their move also coincided with an increase in disposable income that allowed better scopes, anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Within 20 rounds, the cross-hair broke on the right side and drooped. The dealer replaced it. Within 20 rounds, the Ocular lense on the replacement had turned sideways and was protruding out of the scope....

I had that happen with three, count them, three Burris Signature 8-32X on a Savage .223. I don't do Burris anymore.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
You need to get away from such a punishing round, too....

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
This thread has the makings of a Tascology... LOL

Japanese World Class - fairly OK
Japan Euro Class - OK
Japan Titan - OK
China Euro Scope - NOT OK
China World Class - NOT OK

Have a reliable 24x44mm AO 1/8moa Target dot scope with the silver pronghorn, Japan, rumored to have been made by LOW. Have a couple Japan made 4x Tascos that seem just fine but only get transient use.

Not a fan boy but this is an example of relative meaningless of brand names used by non-manufactures. My view is that CF learned how to get what he wanted manufactured via his experience with the Euro Class. Maybe not - but luckily now we have the SS and him to thank.

FOR SALE: 3-9x44 Euro Class 30mm has several (5-7) speckles on the inside, not much noticeable in use and they don't move around. $75 TYD

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There was also a World Class Plus.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have a 24x WC plus ...darn good scope to develop loads
6x44 WCPlus is a good scope too

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Had three presumably Chinese World Class's in the very late 90's; the reason I had 3 is, the first two physically came apart on my '06. They replaced them OTC. I put the third one on an air rifle and that's where it sits now.

Went with a Burris after that, which I ended up not liking. Then on to Leupold. Then on to... it's a journey with optics for sure.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a world class TV view that was made in Taiwan I think. Its been on my 760 pump 308 since 93. Took a spike coues at 517 yards 10 years or so ago at last light. it did the trick and have had no thoughts of replacing it.
My dad runs an old 6-24x42AO or something of the sort on his 270. I don't like it one bit but he does. I try replacing it with a Vortex and he yells at me to leave his rifle alone. lol
I've since become a fan of Vortex, I know there are better optics out there, but their warranty is top notch and the people over there have been awesome to me. But an oldie but goodie Tasco is hard to pass up for the right price if I had another light recoil rifle to put one on that I don't plan on shooting long range.

Kique

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
J
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
J
If anyone has the urge for one,I have a NIB 3x12 Titan I picked up a year ago and it's still on the shelf.I have another 3x12,a 1.75x6 and a 4x Titan,all 30mm, on rifles and they seem to be great.I paid 210.00 shipped for the new one and will sell for the same.

IC B3

O
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
O
Well,I have come to the conclusion that I just can't warm-up to the 30mm tube and the 52mm objective bell and I think it would be happier with a new forever home. I was about to post in the classifieds but I don't have a clue what's a fair price. Any help would be appreciated. Leupold type rings. Photos available.

Why does a man who is 50 pounds overweight complain about a 10 pound rifle being too heavy?
SCI Life Member 4**
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jeff_O
Had three presumably Chinese World Class's in the very late 90's; the reason I had 3 is, the first two physically came apart on my '06. They replaced them OTC. I put the third one on an air rifle and that's where it sits now.

Went with a Burris after that, which I ended up not liking. Then on to Leupold. Then on to... it's a journey with optics for sure.

These were made after the sale of the brand and were NOT the same scope as the original Euro Class which is amazingly tough and solid for the original money. I still use several Euro/Titans and have zero complaints. Can't say the same for Zeiss, Nikon, Pentax +.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (222Sako, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 160user, 53 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.