Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ready
'd be tough...

How have you been, John?

Been kind of rough for the past 7 months or so, but things are looking better on the whole.

I'll give you a call sometime in the next couple of weeks!

John

BP-B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by jpb
Are you sure that Carl could cope with the rigors of squirrel hunting in the remote north of Indiana?

After watching him schlep up the Tyrolean Alps this week, I think he just might be able to successfully negotiate the Wabash Valley.

Naturally, we'll have to take lots of rest breaks, and he'll have to make due with PBR in place of schnapps...

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Folically_Challenged
Originally Posted by jpb
Are you sure that Carl could cope with the rigors of squirrel hunting in the remote north of Indiana?

After watching him schlep up the Tyrolean Alps this week, I think he just might be able to successfully negotiate the Wabash Valley.

Naturally, we'll have to take lots of rest breaks, and he'll have to make due with PBR in place of schnapps...

FC

Good lord!

Making a German drink Pabst Blue Ribbon is surely cruel punishment!

So that Carl truly appreciates this "golden nectar", make sure that he knows it contains both rice and corn. Germans have had laws against that sort of thing in beer for hundreds of years... wink

John

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
I have tried to get Ready to swap me a Dall sheep hunt in the Talkeetnas for a guided pack string squirrel hunt in Northern Indiana. So far, he hasn't bitten.

FC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

laugh that's funny !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I traded a WT hunt in South Texas for a private land Mule Deer hunt in SW Colorado in 1998. We had lots of very nice WT's to hunt but the mule deer were nowhere to be found. Never again

A true friend is someone who reaches for your
hand but touches your heart !!!
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by smokepole
I'm pretty sure that if I invite a guy from back east out here to go on an elk hunt with me, and he lets me hunt whitetails on his place back there, neither one of us is "in the business."

That depends entirely on how your state regulates such things. In AK it would ABSOLUTELY be considered guiding.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damned near impossible for big game with our limited tag drawings here in Oregon.

1Minute
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC
I have participated in several swap hunts. Results have varied from great to miserable. It's important to ask very exact questions, such as:

Do you have any serious chronic illnesses?

Do you know the difference between a backpack and a daypack?

Are you committed to be in good cardio/pulmonary condition before coming to hunt in Colorado?

Can we count on you to do your part of the work and camp chores, pay your part of the cost?

Can we count on you keeping your word?

What are your goals in coming to hunt in Colorado?

I met two of my best hunting buddies on the Internet. One was a swap hunt, sixteen years ago. We still keep in touch and I just visited him again to take my grand-son on a Texas high-fence ram hunt. The other was for an Alaska hunt setup entirely among strangers. It was a great hunt and one of the guys is my best hunting buddy. I've hunted with him many times and will go on another Arizona Coues deer hunt in November .

KC

Great questions KC, and unfortunately, I'd fail miserably at answering these. Would be great to do this with one of our members sometimes, but I am the poster child of what negative answers to your questions would be. Bad heart, don't handle long hikes and physical exertion very well. I still hunt, but I have to go very slowly and be very careful about not over exerting my self. I think your questions are spot on and very fair to be asked.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have tried to get Ready to swap me a Dall sheep hunt in the Talkeetnas for a guided pack string squirrel hunt in Northern Indiana. So far, he hasn't bitten.

FC
LMAO!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gophergunner

FC
LMAO!

grin

I'm betting Carl will be fine with it, as long as y'all field dress and quarter the squirrels prior to strappin' 'em to his packboard...
grin

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
I'm pretty sure that if I invite a guy from back east out here to go on an elk hunt with me, and he lets me hunt whitetails on his place back there, neither one of us is "in the business."

That depends entirely on how your state regulates such things. In AK it would ABSOLUTELY be considered guiding.

I'm sure it would, if either one of us was stupid enough to discuss such things with F&G.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I'm sure it would, if either one of us was stupid enough to discuss such things with F&G.

Alaska is a bit jealous-possessive of the hunting opportunities here. They are unmatched. Sad you would consider breaking laws as a regular course of action...

And AK is one of only three states with F&G not enforcing the laws. AK State Troopers do it here. Oregon is the same way, and I believe CT is the third.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Originally Posted by gophergunner

FC
LMAO!

grin

I'm betting Carl will be fine with it, as long as y'all field dress and quarter the squirrels prior to strappin' 'em to his packboard...
grin
All I can picture is this tiny little game cart made out of a roller skate......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sad you would consider breaking laws as a regular course of action...

Bullsh**. Sad that you would inject Alaska into the discussion and then accuse people of wanting to break your state's law. Your state's definition of guiding is ridiculous anyway.

I have a friend coming from back east to hunt elk with me this year. I'll show him a few spots and he'll probably use some of my gear. Sad that a state government would want to horn its way in on that.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sad you would consider breaking laws as a regular course of action...

Bullsh**. Sad that you would inject Alaska into the discussion and then accuse people of wanting to break your state's law. Your state's definition of guiding is ridiculous anyway.

I have a friend coming from back east to hunt elk with me this year. I'll show him a few spots and he'll probably use some of my gear. Sad that a state government would want to horn its way in on that.

"I'm sure it would, if either one of us was stupid enough to discuss such things with F&G."

You said it, not I...

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
If I lived in Alaska, you'd have a point. Besides your head.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Done it once.

Not again.

(That's what she said)

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
If I lived in Alaska, you'd have a point. Besides your head.

Your arguments are weak, going into insults does not make them stronger and you just look foolish...

Carry on!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Boy some of you Alaskans are the most argumenitive know it all whiners in the [bleep] country!! If you ain't bitchin your yap ain't moving... Kudos!!

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is there a more concrete definition of "guiding" in Alaska's law books?

Say someone moves up there, from Texas...Several years later he invites an old friend up there to hunt caribou with him. The old friends also plan a deer hunt together back in Texas at a spot that the Texas resident has hunted, but the Alaskan transplant has not.

No money is exchanged...just two old friends going on two hunting trips together. Would that situation necissairly be considered guiding by Alaska laws?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
774 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 90 invisible), 3,045 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,706
Posts18,400,100
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.