Print Thread
Hop To
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I think I'm in trouble. eek

With all the talk from the government about outlawing AR's, I decided I better go ahead and build one before it's too late. Of course it was difficult to find a lot of things needed, but managed to find everything. Most of it, I found on Joe Bob's Outfitters, including the complete 300 Blackout Upper made by Radical Firearms.

I got my box of parts in a couple of days and pulled the Upper out. I wanted to take a look inside of the Upper so I pulled on the Charging Handle to remove the Bolt Carrier Group and it moved about a 1/4" and stopped. I couldn't get it out.

I was at work and was too busy to mess with it, so when I got home, I fiddled with it and came to the conclusion that the Forward Assist was preventing the Bolt Carrier Group from moving rearward. I jiggled the BCG from side to side and was able to remove it. Sure enough, the Forward Assist tooth was protruding into the chamber and is catching the BCG.

The next day, I sent two different emails to them to find out what to do. No reply. So I sent an email to Joe Bob's to find out what to do and got a reply in about a 1/2 hour. They forwarded my email to them and asked if they could take care of this. Within 15 minutes I got a reply from Radical and was given return info to send it back for repairs. I'm going to FedEx it today.

I started looking at reviews on them. About half gave them 5 stars and the other half gave them one star. The 5 star reviews say they have great products and customer service. The one star reviews say they sell junk and have horrible customer service. Everyone who had trouble had bad service and everyone who had no trouble had great service.

What do you know about Radical Firearms?

Last edited by StoneCutter; 06/25/16.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
They have been around for a while, give them a chance to fix it. Not a top tier producer, but AR's are pretty simple. Happens on occasion with most manufacturers.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks Norman, I hope you're right. I'm anxious to get this together. But the reviews don't give me the warm and fuzzy feeling. We'll see. I just don't want thing jamming every time I pull the trigger.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Five stars divided by one star equals five stars.

So you'll be fine.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks Dave.

Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If my math turns out to be wrong, order from Daytona Tactical.

They seem to have tons of schit in stock and I just put one of their kits together and it is the awesomest AR on the internet.

Dave

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I hope your math is good. I'll have to try them on the next one.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Getting ready to leave work and go to FedEx Kinko's to ship this thing back. Then I'm headed to the FFL to do my paperwork on my lower. It came in on Thursday. This state has an 8 day waiting period, so hopefully I'll be able to pick up my lower after July 4th. Too bad I won't have the upper. What a bummer. frown

[Linked Image]

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
the only black rifle i have is a Radical.(the rest are FDE)
the Radical has been flawless through 1000 rounds.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I had one of their 5.56 uppers briefly and it seemed ok to me. The bbl was way off center, so I squared the upper to center the bbl and it ran just fine. A bud wanted it, so I helped him build a lower and it's been flawless.

Another bud has one and his runs just fine as well. They are not top tier by any means, but prob just as good as the PSA kits.

Radical just puts their name on parts like many others, so I wouldn't worry too much as long as they fix your rig.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Thanks guys, I appreciate your input.

Ronald Reagan
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I started looking at reviews on them. About half gave them 5 stars and the other half gave them one star. The 5 star reviews say they have great products and customer service. The one star reviews say they sell junk and have horrible customer service. Everyone who had trouble had bad service and everyone who had no trouble had great service.
Sounds like they must have a lot of business from Campfire members. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I got my box of parts in a couple of days and pulled the Upper out. I wanted to take a look inside of the Upper so I pulled on the Charging Handle to remove the Bolt Carrier Group and it moved about a 1/4" and stopped. I couldn't get it out.
Not trying to be a smartazz but there is a little lever on the left side of the charging handle that has to be depressed for it to move much more than 1/4". Since this is your first. That could be it, but doubt it. You almost have to depress it to pull it.

Nice looking upper.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yea, I know, I'm a rookie, but I'm not as stupid as I look. confused

I was pulling the catch back on the Charging Handle and the BCG would move about a 1/4" or so. One time I pulled it and it went back about 1" and stopped. That's when I grabbed the back of the BCG and jiggled it and got it to come out. When you slide it back in, you can hear the Forward Assist tooth clicking on the teeth on the side of the BCG.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
That certainly is radical.

8 days? WTF?

Dave

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Update:

I sent the upper back to Radical Firearms. They contacted me a couple of times in the past couple of weeks. The guys were very nice and took care of this. Instead of fixing it, they replaced it with a new upper and shipped it back. I got it yesterday.

I've been pretty busy, so I started putting together my lower together last night. Hopefully I can get to the range this weekend and try it out.

I did a little research on Radical Firearms and by the way they handled this issue, they seem as if they're on the level and standup guys.

I'll let you know how it shoots.

Ronald Reagan
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
They're very radical!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I just bought a radical 458 socom upper with the hybrid keymod rail. When my brass gets here I'll see how radical it is.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought a 7x 62 x 39 AR pistol from them quite a while ago. I admitt it was a very good deal for the $$$ standpoint. I waited a bit and when I got it it didnt inc mag. I thought this was odd so I asked and they kind of eluded to well at that price... It never said anything about it didnt come with one. Not usually the way Texans act. I really thought that was pimpy. I had a bunch of ASCs around but I am sure most that ordered one didnt have a pile of mags around,but it was just well pimpy (I am sure to some this will sound bitchy)

Before you ask it has been sitting so I dont have a range report

Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,518 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,145
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.