Print Thread
Hop To
J
Jcvibby Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Hey Guys, I am booking my trip up with a buddy for the first week of Sept. Want to do some hunting and fishing and just hanging in some beautiful country.

I would love to get connected with some of you guys up there if it works out.
Also looking to get some stuff planned, raft trips, hunting/fishing etc. Who would be a couple good contacts that I can call and set up some things and get it on that calendar? Appreciate all the help in advance.

Would also be willing to trade some targets for services or whatever works. Just an idea!

Jake Vibbert
JC Steel Targets

**Premium AR500 Steel targets for a great cause!!! Rounds, Squares, IPSC, coyotes, ETC.

****Check out jcsteeltargets.com****

[Linked Image]
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would be helpful to narrow down what you want to do and what part of the state you plan to visit. Even full time residents only get to scratch the surface of what one can do and see in the state.

Big game hunting is best approached as a stand alone expedition trip researched and planned will in advance due to our low game densities.

September the ocean fishing will have slowed but there shoudl be excellent fishing for silver salmon and rainbows in the rivers.

J
Jcvibby Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Flying into anchorage. Will have a truck up there and can drive

**Premium AR500 Steel targets for a great cause!!! Rounds, Squares, IPSC, coyotes, ETC.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hard to go wrong driving down to Seward and taking a silver/halibut charter for the day, staying overnight and then working your way down to Homer fishing the Kenai. Also seldom done but highly recomemended is renting a canoe for a few days and paddling around the Kenai National Wildlife refuge camping and enjoying an off the beaten path spot.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
You won't have time to hunt much of anything in a week in AK...

Maybe a few spruce grouse or such, but actually hunting, IMHO, that won't happen, well you can get out and walk around but don't expect much for a short time and effort.

I"d also expect a lot of local folks to be out in the bush away from town for opener of moose...just FYI

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A trip like that should be ironed out about 9 months in advance. Rather short notice there.

1Minute
J
Jcvibby Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
Kenia river trip sounds great!!

I think I am skipping the hunting idea. Just not going to work without many more months of planning.

Anyone know some fun things to do in the Denali?

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
September was my favorite month when I lived in AK. Don't miss a trip to Denali, you can only drive in a little ways but can do a bus trip or a flight-seeing trip. I will PM another suggestion, too.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
To far to travel to not try Denali.

We've seen her numerous times, first time on our honeymoon.

Every time we see her, its just impressive to say the least.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Take the train out of Anchorage, stay at the hotel there and do the bus trip up the mountain. I call it Mt McKinley.
The train trip is fantastic and you will see much more than on the hwy.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
You'r on the tail end of the season but if you're going through Talkeetna, check in with Mahay's for a possible jet boat ride up the Talkeetna to Clear Creek, if there are still fish there.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That time of year taking a drift boat trip down through the Upper Kenai River through the canyon offers fantastic fishing and awesome scenery.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222ND, 73 invisible), 2,506 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.