-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe not "oldie but goodie", but 8x42 Vortex Binos have been impressive. +1 on the 6x Yosimites (especially for kids)

And I'm surprised no mention of the $300 Super Chicken.....

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by liliysdad
I have never understood how a man leaves the house without a pocket knife, belt, and wristwatch.

Never could stand to wear a wristwatch. Wore one if I had to but I seldom had to, I usually know about what time it is and now I have the phone.

Don't have belt loops on my bibbers so that's that.

But I carry two pocket knives! ... a small Schrade Old Timer in my left pocket for general pocket knife stuff and a Buck folder in my right pocket for bigger jobs and social security.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by rost495

Ah, someone that cares what others think. LOL.

I care mostly for what I think, and I think it makes one look puerile to have ones head in their phone.

Do what you wish...but others do judge you based on your actions and behaviours, and to "not care" is a foolish attitude.

I"m rural. I like it even better when I"m back at home in the evening and don't have to see anyone other than Carolyn and Tiger.

I could actually give a damn less about what others think of me.

But I figure I"m weird...

Probably why we both enjoy the vast wilderness of AK so much in the fall, we dno't have to see or deal with many folks, if lucky, none.

When I need to stick my head in my phone to answer it, to read an email or a text or look at radar or such, I simply do...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Claiming to not care what others think, especially on a widely read forum, seems almost antithetical. If one truly does not care, wouldn't not posting anything be more appropriate?

Oh yeah, back to the OP topic:

[Linked Image]
Got a bunch of these off Ebay. Less than 10 bucks each shipped. Hard to beat as medium duty EDC. 8Cr13MoV blade steel at RC58 ain't terrible. Sharpens easily. Blade profile/geometry on the F723 seems to bring out the best of the Chinese mid-grade-ish stainless.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
maybe so.

Maybe I'm some of both sides then? But mostly I have to lean towards not caring.

I hated that the fact that when I got into the fire dept we are forced to wear dress uniforms starched and pressed at times... I am a jeans and t shirt guy by far. Don't even own a suit. Had to go buy a suit coat 2nd hand for a recent funeral.

So if am dressing up against my will I must care eh?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I gave up wearing a watch for a little while after getting a cell phone, but soon started again, because I find checking a watch while out hunting involves far less movement and hassle.

Yes, and the same goes for meetings, or in court, or other occasions when hauling your phone out is going to attract adverse attention. I can't take my phone swimming or diving either.

I've had the same Seiko diver's watch - not a big overt one - for well over 20 years, and apart from a new battery and pressure test every few years it has neither missed a beat nor spent more than short intervals off my wrist. Amortising the purchase price over the time I've had it I think it fits the inexpensive/not junk description quite well.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by carbon12
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

I'm a Bertucci watch fan too! Bertucci is now advertising "certified pre-owned" watches on their site, some of which have pretty favorable prices.

www.bertucciwatches.com

Well, that just cost me 50 bucks. Thanks!

You won't regret it!

Now after looking at the link, I want a pre-owned Titanium Bertucci.

I just need to bust my inexpensive but not junk $10.00 Casio to justify the purchase. Because I have a phone that tells the time, I rarely wear a watch but always do when in a blind waiting for legal shooting to commence and cease.

Yep, sent the money today for the pre-owned vintage titanium. It's amazing how often this site has me opening my wallet...😄

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Shoe laces. Think about it.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have a Marlin 25 (22lr) that was dirt cheap when Santa clause gave it to me 35 years ago, Masonite stock, see thru bluing and all. In those years I have killed a couple of truck loads of small game with it. Its still the only .22 rifle I own and last weekend I killed a pd with at 225 yds with a cci minimag, I can not complain about it being cheap.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Diminishing returns, enough said.....

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You lot are more fortunate than I as it seems I have to save my pennies for everything I find interesting.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Ehh...I have altered my wanter over the years. I have found it much more satisfying to take a chance in the search for hidden gems, than lust after that next piece of unobtanium.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I bought my first Rem 700 for my 17th birthday in 1987, an ADL with nice wood in .25-06 for $300. It shot very well, and still does, but as a youngster I killed enough groundhogs during the summer with it to fill a train car so that the leade is now a little rough.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I bought a Savage hog hunter in 308 to use with a suppressor. I am amazed how accurate and fun to shoot. Boudreaux's Butte Paste is a good deal also.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Bugger
Schrade knifes

I've had my share of ' schrade' knives. They would NOT hold an edge for me. No, I don't use a knife to open cans etc.

IMO schrades are just that, cheap.

Jerry

When I was in the Army in 1974 a buddy decided to go AWOL. He sold me an Old Timer 150 for five dollars. Best knife I own to this day.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Personally, I don't like wearing a wristwatch while in the field, especially if the weather is hot. I carry a Hamilton built LL Bean mechanical (winding) pocket watch I bought about 30 years ago. It still works like a champ and I don't remember ever having it serviced. I don't remember what I paid for it, but it was well under $100.

Last edited by High_Noon; 07/24/16.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Happy! Happy! Happy#

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
I have a Buck knife I bought 40 years ago for under 20 bucks. Holds an edge. Clean a deer, hit it a few licks on a razor strap and its back shaving sharp.

Last edited by hanco; 07/24/16.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Picked up wifey for a 400.00 ring. She's made 2 million plus in the 40 yrs we have been married. I think that's a good deal.

Last edited by hanco; 07/29/16.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
bushnell sportview scopes. i was buying them from natchez a few years ago for 30-40 bucks depending on size. i had several rifles that i wanted to shoot until i could afford a "good" scope. most of them are still on the guns and are clear, bright and solid. the 4x especially is a nice scope. huge FOV and lots of eye relief. i have one on a 35 pump and i feel like i have a Terminator eye when i pull it up.

My diploma is a DD214
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

120 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.