-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Not really, but first one that have purchased and modded.

A few elements never made sense to me, or didn't fit to liking. So addressed those while preserving a simple layout, keeping it a bit old school. For home and homestead defense duty; may attach the x300 Ultra at some point.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Colt OEM1, barrel shortened by ADCO to true 16.25in overall w/ pinned BCM Gunfighter Mod 0
Geiselle SSA
Magpul alloy TG
Magpul K-grip
Trijicon f. sight post
Colt A3 r. sight/handle
BCM KMR Alpha 7"
Colt A1 stock, refurb
Badger bolt catch release (slightly enlarged)
Battle Arms mag release (also slightly enlarged)
Power Custom charging handle (steel)

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why pin a comp on a 16" barrel?

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Nice set up, good quality parts. Do you like red dots? Instead of a flashlight, put the money towards the aim point PRO, A very good site for the money. You can pick up a fold-down back up site of your choice. That being said, you have a good set up!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Why pin a comp on a 16" barrel?

At least it won't come unscrewed ever. About all I can figure.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
He posted 16.25" overall with the pinned compensator - I read that as 16.25" to the end of the compensator not the barrel, thus the need for it to be pinned.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
About a 14.75" barrel, right?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe I read it wrong. Its hard to tell from the pic on cell phone screen, kind of an odd angle.

OP, looks like a clean setup, I'd shoot it!

Last edited by wareagle700; 07/23/16.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by TXRam
He posted 16.25" overall with the pinned compensator - I read that as 16.25" to the end of the compensator not the barrel, thus the need for it to be pinned.
Originally Posted by BarryC
About a 14.75" barrel, right?

Correcto.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BamBam
Nice set up, good quality parts. Do you like red dots? Instead of a flashlight, put the money towards the aim point PRO, A very good site for the money. You can pick up a fold-down back up site of your choice. That being said, you have a good set up!

Thanks for the suggestion, BamBam. Would like to leave this one with irons, maybe set up with spare red dot like the PRO "just in case." The next build in the queue (OEM2 sitting here) will be similar but with either a Pro vs. Comp dot, long handguard, Troy BUIS. Or, so am kicking around.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Can't go wrong with either pro or comp. how do you like the SSA? I have the SD-C in a MCX and a 6920 and love them. I am doing a SBR and was thinking about going with the SSA. Am going to run a mrcio T-2 on top.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice set up Doc.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Will take some time with the SSA; not sure. Need to shoot it on the move/course, as intended, to judge whether I like the security of the second stage pull weight vs. something lighter like the SSA-E. The first stage is nearly transparent and the second stage a pretty nice clean break, though it feels like more than 2lb second-stage/4.5lbs total and didn't care for that. Cleaned and lubed it last night for that reason, we'll see. My stuff is largely packed still/storage from a move, will check measured weight of pull when get a chance.

So anyway, it's a clean trigger but it wasn't any terrific improvement in shootability for $200+ invested, compared to my modest experience with stock military m16/m4's. Rifle shot 55gr fmj (pmc) about 2-3moa which I realize is par, but how much was trigger vs. technique vs. shooter's crummy eyes+irons vs. just the rifle, not sure yet.

The SD-C is a similar trigger with a flat blade, is that right?

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
They're identical triggers, difference is the bow,I believe I am going with the curve bow on my SBR.i have not shot the SSA-E but I think the weight is to light for my Application . It made a difference accuracy wise for me, marginally though, Worth the 200 bucks I think so. At least that's what I keep telling myself :-)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've been trying to talk my brother into doing this. It makes a really nice rifle for a pretty decent price.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Less is more. Especially on an AR. Simple is dependable.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (264mag, Anaconda, 6mmCreedmoor, ak_Rick, 12 invisible), 1,528 guests, and 793 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,174
Posts18,465,431
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.