GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I wish I could get in touch with him.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Still can't get him to answer the phone?

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I haven't tried in a couple weeks, but I tried for a solid month before that. He's had a bunch of my parts for a long time. Way over a year.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing worse than that. I would rather him actually pick up the phone and tell me to go [bleep] myself vs dodging me.

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by woodson
Nothing worse than that. I would rather him actually pick up the phone and tell me to go [bleep] myself vs dodging me.

Amen

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Yep. What bothers me is that talked to him several times when I was sending him my stuff and he was super nice, but now it seems like he just dropped off the face of the earth.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I'd just like to get my stuff back. Borden/Jewel/Bartlein/McMillan Classic

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by jwill350
I'd just like to get my stuff back. Borden/Jewel/Bartlein/McMillan Classic

Road trip to get stuff, Send to Jon Beanland to build. my 2 cents.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I haven't tried in a couple weeks, but I tried for a solid month before that. He's had a bunch of my parts for a long time. Way over a year.

Send him a certified letter stating that he has 7 business days to return your stuff or you will have no choice but to consider that he has stolen the parts in question and report it to the proper authorities and do all you can to get them to charge him with theft, mail fraud, etc.

Last edited by hillbillybear; 07/24/16.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Send him a certified letter stating that he has 7 business days to return your stuff or you will have no choice but to consider that he has stolen the parts in question and report it to the proper authorities and do all you can to get them to charge him with theft, mail fraud, etc.

Doubt that would work in this case. His Dad has a great reputation, the long term sheriff is about to retire, and the presumptive new sheriff probably won't care if some out of state guy is out of some gun parts

Who is John Galt?
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Across state lines would be a fed issue, I think. Especially involving firearms.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've been thinking about just driving up there. I just hope he's home when I get there.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mrfudd
Originally Posted by hillbillybear

Doubt that would work in this case. His Dad has a great reputation, the long term sheriff is about to retire, and the presumptive new sheriff probably won't care if some out of state guy is out of some gun parts

If that be the case then use any means necessary to get your stuff/money back from Gradous.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

P
P
I've been reading this thread for a while now. Wow!
Signed up today to make my first post:

I've known Robert for many years and consider him a very good friend and valuable industry colleague.

This thread is very disappointing and looses credibility with each subsequent post.

Three pages of insults, complaining and negativity. This thread is a social media group therapy session for a handful of guys who have their fragile little egos hurt.

On Robert's Website it specifically states that he does not guarantee build times and that he builds each rifle himself.
A year+ is not a long wait for one of the top smiths in the US. And yes, he is still very much at the top of his game; you'd be enlightened once out of this forum's little bubble.

Robert's time is stretched very thin - much of it helping other well-known industry people trouble shoot or problem solve. Robert is very generous with his knowledge and time and above all else, he is honest.

Currently much of his time is devoted to R&D for some very exciting products that will prove significant contributions to the Precision Rifle Community.

Yes I know the OP was about "communication."
And no, Roberts communication is not perfect - but this thread has snowballed into a childish banter of insults and name-calling. We are all human and have lives outside of our day job or business - things get delayed - life happens.

This community is small. Very few people here are truly anonymous even though many post comments like they are 10 feet tall and bullet-proof - Do you guys wonder why you are having trouble now?

Last edited by Plainsite; 07/28/16.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I never have understood what is so hard about answering a phone or returning a call that people have to make excuses for not doing it...

I mean how many jobs could the guy have and how many people could actually be calling on a given day...are we taking hundreds of jobs and 30 calls a day or what

customer service goes along way especially when you are a gunsmith charging premium prices

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Plainsite

I've known Robert for many years and consider him a very good friend and valuable industry colleague.

This thread is very disappointing and looses credibility with each subsequent post.

Three pages of insults, complaining and negativity. This thread is a social media group therapy session for a handful of guys who have their fragile little egos hurt.

On Robert's Website it specifically states that he does not guarantee build times and that he builds each rifle himself.
A year+ is not a long wait for one of the top smiths in the US. And yes, he is still very much at the top of his game; you'd be enlightened once out of this forum's little bubble.

Robert's time is stretched very thin - much of it helping other well-known industry people trouble shoot or problem solve. Robert is very generous with his knowledge and time and above all else, he is honest.

Currently much of his time is devoted to R&D for some very exciting products that will prove significant contributions to the Precision Rifle Community.

And no, Roberts communication is not perfect - but this thread has snowballed into a childish banter of insults and name-calling. We are all human and have lives outside of our day job or business - things get delayed - life happens.

This community is small. Very few people here are truly anonymous even though many post comments like they are 10 feet tall and bullet-proof - Do you guys wonder why you are having trouble now?

All of this is no excuse for a little communication, which goes a long way in customer service...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

Blow it out your ass

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

What a delusional post. You think you guys get to do whatever you want, justify it however you want, and the rest of us just get to deal with it?

And you are saying that Gradous is going to get back at the 24HC crew because of this thread by continuing to ignore his customers while holding onto thousands of $'s worth of gear? Unreal but not surprising...

I can think of one profession where people think they can get away with this type of behavior, gunsmithing. Literally anything else in this country your azz would be fired years ago...

The good thing about it is that there are choices. Gradous will never be one of mine....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Plainsite, since you are such good friends with him, would you mind asking him to give me a call? Seriously.

He's probably had my stuff for three years or so. I don't even have any hard feelings. I would just like to be able to get in touch with him to get my things back.

I've talked to him quite a few times years back and we've always got along great on the phone. Until a month or so ago, it's probably been over a year since I've tried to contact him, so it's not like I've been bugging him. But, all of the sudden, it's like he dropped off the face of the earth.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

373 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,330
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.