Hop To
#11326423 07/23/16
R
rusty51 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
Any opinions on the Keen Liberty Ridge boots,for some mountain and prairie hunting.Th

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
While I've never tried that particular boot, I have not had good luck out of Keens at all.

Tried my best to like them because they fit me well, but the 5 pairs I've had were pretty much junk. YMMV

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Had two pair of Keens and neither one of them lasted very long. The lace eyes pulled apart on one and the other the soles separated from the tops after two easy hikes.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My wife and I have each had a pair of Keen boots for a couple of years now, though not this model. Mine are workboots, used for that purpose, while my wife’s are light hikers (“Targhee”). They are very comfortable and we’ve had no problems with them.

For hunting I usually wear a pair of Meindls (“Scotland” I think), especially for steep and rough stuff. They are very supportive and have good solid soles which are ideal for rock and side-hilling. They are a rather dearer boot but well worth it IMHO.

I also have a pair of LaCrosse boots, which are a much lighter construction, similar to my wife’s Keens. I can’t recall the model, but these are good for easy conditions, and very quiet, but not for the rough stuff. Horses for courses.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Friend of mine was telling me about these last week. Said they seem to be holding up better than keen was for him

http://obozfootwear.com/mens

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I had the Keen Targhee II Mid boots for work. I work outdoors and have horses so are on my feet from the start of shorts weather to the end. I feel they were a good boot for me. Always had dry feet, very comfortable, held up well for two summers of dew, manure, fertilizers, rain.....
I would definitely buy another pair.

Life is but the memories we've created.....Sully Erna
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another vote for the Keen Targhee II's.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I love my Keen Targhee II's.
I have wide feet and they are the only ones I can go all day in and not have my feet killing me at the end of the day.
They don't last real long but I find them on sale and get them cheap.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have two pairs of Targhee IIs, two pairs of Voyagers (my all-time favorite non-waterproof boot, hands down, no questions about it) and just got a pair of the Liberty Ridge models. The LR is a heavier-duty boot than the others I mentioned. Haven't put any miles on them yet, but will starting this week. Other than an injury I'm working through on my right foot I wouldn't be looking for an alternative to the Voyager/Targhee II combo. My original set of Voyagers has been through four weeks of elk hunting plus two years of pre-season training plus a bunch of daily wear. Favorite boots ever...

All that said, the LR is a harder/stiffer boot made more for carrying weight in the mountains. It won't be as supremely comfortable as the softer models, but should provide increased support when needed.

RLTW
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
I love my Keen Targhee II's.
I have wide feet and they are the only ones I can go all day in and not have my feet killing me at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by Bighorn
Another vote for the Keen Targhee II's.

Yep. My hunting pard and I have worn em a while & they've worked well for medium difficulty duty.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The only pair of Keens I have are sandals...Kenetrec or Lowa...

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I like keen but they don't have as grippy a sole as my Lowas for hunting around town I wear the Keene they are less expensive for every day wear.

Last edited by ehunter; 07/28/16.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by rusty51
Any opinions on the Keen Liberty Ridge boots,for some mountain and prairie hunting.Th

I have not worn that particular model but I love Keens.

They are not as durable as they once were but I still think they're great.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

717 members (1936M71, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 163dm, 19rabbit52, 72 invisible), 3,102 guests, and 1,323 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,582
Posts18,454,167
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.