Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
What we have seen with the Bushnells is that they take good photos in good light and in pitch black but at the crucial times of dawn/dusk, they seem to not be able to figure out whether to use the flash or not, so many photos are too dark.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by duckster
What we have seen with the Bushnells is that they take good photos in good light and in pitch black but at the crucial times of dawn/dusk, they seem to not be able to figure out whether to use the flash or not, so many photos are too dark.

That's not limited to Bushnell. Every brand I've used does that.

Camp is where you make it.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
It seemed to be more pronounced with the Bushnells, looking at those photos side by side with the Cuddebacks. The Bushnell photos during daylight were better, however.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had my second Moultree die this year. Seems they are starting to go bad now. Many of them after 4 years, of year round use.

I'm closing in on the mental acceptance to buy Reconyx however I did get two Stealth cams to use from a fella. He had used one of them, the other new in box. G42 model no glow flash. Anyone use this model before?

Hoping these last better. Got them for cheap, but feeling that if I originally spent the money on Reconyx, I would still be using them rather then now buying replacements which will put me at about the same price anyway.

I also heard that the Recoynx is completely rebuildable so they can be repaired not thrown away.

In fairness many of the Moultree cameras are used year round, on a tree or post all have been in the UV, heat, freezing cold, and rain. That is not easy duty for any electronics.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Tempted to try one of the Browning models. We try to get a couple of new ones each season as older ones crap out.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm getting a new cam soon and it too will be a browning.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I keep several game cams set out year 'round.

I find that viewing the images on the game cams can be one of the high points of the trip to my lease each month.

With that in mind, a few images selected over the years.

It's somewhat unusual to see a boar this size out in "daylight" usually only see these guys after dark-thirty and before daylight. He's getting careless. Our dove season opener is Thursday Sept. 1, I plan to be waiting on him next Wednesday evening. See if I can't perforate him!

[Linked Image]

Aoudad

[Linked Image]

Only have one sequence of four pix of this group of Mouflon sheep. Been on this lease since 2004 and these are the first I've seen range through.

[Linked Image]

Boar

[Linked Image]

I've got a sequence of shots showing this Sika from the time he enters and gets completely covered in mud, then gets back up. I think he likes the mud.

[Linked Image]

Grey fox

[Linked Image]

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Up until the time the game cam caught this group I had not seen Javelina on this lease before.

[Linked Image]

Hunted this lease for 8 years. Got one 3 shot sequence of this buck. Never actually laid eyes on him.

[Linked Image]

This was taken near the ranch owner's house. He was like Dr. Doolittle. There was no hunting on this section of the ranch. I set up the pen and demand feeders so he could watch the axis. This pix is of one he named "Hartford"

[Linked Image]

My son took this guy at 35 yds with a cross bow. He said that was a plenty good Christmas present!

[Linked Image]

And of the thousands of game cam photos, this has to be one of my fav’s

[Linked Image]

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Best trailcam I've ever had is a 10 year old Moultrie. The biggest drawback is that It uses a lantern battery which pretty much shuts down at about 15 degrees. Otherwise it's been a great cam. Has fallen out of the truck bed going up in the mountains, thrashed by a bear of which it took 3 pics during the thrashing and just keeps on going.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well the Primos Truth 03 has been out for over a year now, still working on the same batteries.

[Linked Image]

Jim
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I was out cutting some brush today and found the little Browning Strike force BTC-5 trail cam I put out last year (and forgot about) and it was still running on the AA batteries! Battery meter shows 53% battery life remaining.

I looked at the SD card and it had 594 pictures. Mostly just deer ears, I had it a little high on the tree I guess. cry

It's an old thread I know but finding the game cam reminded me of it.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
How high are you setting them? I put them about waist height, maybe a bit lower.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
How high are you setting them? I put them about waist height, maybe a bit lower.

That's about right, however due to the terrain I have set them different heights and angles. One instance, the cam was set on a old ladder stand about 15' in the air. grin

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use a couple HCO Spartan Blackout GoCams (Verizon Edition) on my 117 acres, since my property is 6 hrs away. Also use some Bushnell HD Agressors(blackout)in various locations. Pretty impressed with the Bushnells, trigger speed and day pictures. Night photos pretty good as well, similar to other cams. HCO cellulars I'm pleased with, except for the spendy price. Monthly Verizon service charge of $5 per camera pretty good deal though.

First photo HCO cellular of the entry into my property. Pretty much know when someone enters. Property is gated just about 250 ft. below the dogleg uphill.

Second and third pictures are at upper feeder with same HCO cellular cam.

Fourth photo HCO cam different location last year. Bear tilted cam so trees appear to lean.

Last photo....from one of the Bushnell Agressors. Took five nice gobblers off the ranch this past spring. Several toms, including these two guys were granted a pardon....lol.

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/entry_zpslqhjqcml.jpg.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/horses_zps71uxhrin.jpg.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/.1oa_zpsumifdsyr.jpg.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/buck_zpscdzn2rdf.jpg.html][Linked Image]

http://s98.photobucket.com/user/SS30ANV/media/SWPropertycorner%20049_zpsyqxoxrk7.jpg.html][Linked Image]

Last edited by Wacenturion; 09/08/16.

"By the time you realize your father was a smart man, you have a teenager telling you just how stupid you are."
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by roundoak

That's about right, however due to the terrain I have set them different heights and angles. One instance, the cam was set on a old ladder stand about 15' in the air. grin

I've thought about that because some are getting stolen in the area we hunt. How do you know it's aimed correctly?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member

I had this one higher than I normally place them because of a knot on the tree.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by roundoak

I've thought about that because some are getting stolen in the area we hunt. How do you know it's aimed correctly?

After set up I walk into the area I aimed at, say cheese, pull the photo chip and insert into my Acer tablet for review.

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Gotchya

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
anyone knows what causes this line?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Colorado1135; 09/12/16.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Too much beer is usually what causes me to mate a buffalo. Quite common in northern WI.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (160user, 12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 2,212 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,604
Posts18,454,831
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.