Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
https://www.leupold.com/resources/leupold-gold-ring-full-lifetime-guarantee/

Leupold® Gold Ring™ Full Lifetime Guarantee

Leupold Optics are built for a lifetime of performance at the highest level, plain and simple. Other companies offer lifetime warranties because they know the optics they’re selling you are going to break, fail, or fall short of expectations. At Leupold, that’s not how we do business.

With the Leupold Gold Ring Full Lifetime Guarantee, if your Leupold product doesn’t perform as promised, we will repair or replace it for free, whether you are the original owner or not—forever (excludes electronic components)
Do not confuse "No fault" with lifetime Guarantee.

As Leupold states their web page "if your Leupold product doesn’t perform as promised, we will repair or replace it for free,"

No fault would be for any reason but that is not what they are promising but they will repair at a cost if you break it. My GR Spotter got knocked off the shooting bench and bent the eye piece housing so it would not adjust. It has been 7 or 8 years ago but I recall it cost me $165. The Gold Ring HD spotters were running $1150 or so back then a lot cheaper than replacing it.

Ted
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by old_willys

My Gold Ring Spotter was dropped at the range, sent it in and receive a bill from Leupold for the new eye piece. I still buy Leupold but they do not have a no fault coverage.

I doubt they treat people from CA the same as they do the rest of us.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Leupold, Swaro, and Vortex are probably the only guys out there that will almost always fix stuff even though the owner has beaten the piss out of it. Meopta appears to be much on the same page too. More of a goodwill thing, but they do come through for their owners. If this floats your boat, stay with these brands. Tract may or may not, who knows?

Alpen also has the no fault guaranty. I don't approve because it cost more up front for all of us. I've had a few and really like the 10X50 and the 8X20 pocket binos.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman
Leupold, Swaro, and Vortex are probably the only guys out there that will almost always fix stuff even though the owner has beaten the piss out of it. Meopta appears to be much on the same page too. More of a goodwill thing, but they do come through for their owners. If this floats your boat, stay with these brands. Tract may or may not, who knows?

Alpen also has the no fault guaranty. I don't approve because it cost more up front for all of us. I've had a few and really like the 10X50 and the 8X20 pocket binos.

that was really funny

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is the warranty transferable to a second hand buyer?

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by Rifles And More
How much out of pocket?

I'll address this like this........Everyone here at 24HCF is offered a discount by Trevor @ Tract from another thread. I bought mine like everyone else can. My thoughts and experiences are not for sale and cannot be bought by Tract, Swaro, Leupold, Meopta, or anybody else. I call it like my eyes see it, period and am not afraid of what anyone thinks, afterall it's just optics, it ain't life or death like some make it out to be.

I'm not insinuating anything towards you Rifles and More, just wanted to get this out there for the record, as they say.

I agree with JG, and he is good to go on his observations, and
he only calls it how he sees it.

He does not play favorites.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by smokinggun
Is the warranty transferable to a second hand buyer?

Yes sir.

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by old_willys

My Gold Ring Spotter was dropped at the range, sent it in and receive a bill from Leupold for the new eye piece. I still buy Leupold but they do not have a no fault coverage.

I doubt they treat people from CA the same as they do the rest of us.

Dave

Nope it was my fault it broke and I paid the price...

Only a Bernie supporter would expect to be free and funny I never pictured Deflave as a Bernie guy smile

Ted
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't ask for schit.

People just tend to love me and treat me accordingly.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So I decided to call Tract and chat with them about their Toric 10x42's. I'm in Montana and left my bino's at home. After a long talk ordered the 10x42's. Two days later they were here. First impressions are very solid, bright, crystal clear, well made. I like them. They are made in the same factory as many of the other bino's out there lots of celebrity hunters are pimping.

I would agree with the claim that they are better than the Razor HD 10x42's - which I owned for two years. My last two pair of 10x42s where Zeiss Victory HT's and Swaro SLC HD's. These compare very, very well, especially when you consider the price difference. Are they better? I guess probably not when you get down to the nitty gritty but for around $650 they are a damn steal! I tend to spend the majority of my glassing either behind Swaro 15's or a spotter, so I really didn't or need to drop $2,000 on "Alpha glass." So far I have really enjoyed them on my Montana trip. Was able to spot a heard of Elk today from several miles away while up on a hill. Wife spotted three mule deer on a hill a mile a way with them.

Again, I like them, I really like them considering the price.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Any experience with the Meopta/Euro HD to compare them to?

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Originally Posted by STS45
So I decided to call Tract and chat with them about their Toric 10x42's. I'm in Montana and left my bino's at home. After a long talk ordered the 10x42's. Two days later they were here. First impressions are very solid, bright, crystal clear, well made. I like them. They are made in the same factory as many of the other bino's out there lots of celebrity hunters are pimping.

I would agree with the claim that they are better than the Razor HD 10x42's - which I owned for two years. My last two pair of 10x42s where Zeiss Victory HT's and Swaro SLC HD's. These compare very, very well, especially when you consider the price difference. Are they better? I guess probably not when you get down to the nitty gritty but for around $650 they are a damn steal! I tend to spend the majority of my glassing either behind Swaro 15's or a spotter, so I really didn't or need to drop $2,000 on "Alpha glass." So far I have really enjoyed them on my Montana trip. Was able to spot a heard of Elk today from several miles away while up on a hill. Wife spotted three mule deer on a hill a mile a way with them.

Again, I like them, I really like them considering the price.

STS,

Appreciate the sale and thank you for posting your thoughts and comparison. Glad you had a good time up north as well!

Trevor
Tract Optics
www.TractOptics.com

Use discount code: 24HOUR5 for 5% off your order!
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

I have only used a Meopta spotter and it is excellent.

"Never miss the opportunity to shut the f$%K up." Colonel Hopewell.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by STS45
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

I have only used a Meopta spotter and it is excellent.

I have the Meopta MeoPro HD binos and they too are excellent. Just a slim difference between the and the Euro (Meostar) ones at Cabela's. Very, very slim.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
These Topics do bear a resemblance to Meopro HD's. In the Meopta line I much prefer the Meopro ergos to the Meostar. If these offer the trim feel of the Pro's with glass at or above the Star'si may have to make some room in the budget...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider

... on par with the Meopta HD and Leupold GR HD, which is a huge compliment.

Glass is brighter, crisper, and sharper than my 10x42 Gold Ring HD, which is a huge compliment...

Glass is brighter, a touch sharper than my 8x32 Euro HD, which is a huge compliment...

Depth of focus is very deep. I can focus on a target 400 yds away, and a target at 200 yds away is in focus as well. Impressive.

Now this gets my attention. Sounds similar to my Pentax DCF EDs. Might have to give these bins a try. Thanks for the report, JG.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
No problem. I agree with you on the Pentax ED's......great stuff.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by deflave
I don't ask for schit.

People just tend to love me and treat me accordingly.

Dave

I will attest to that. You are an awesome person and I don't even know you.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
J
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
So I'm in the middle of my last day at Kowas Safaris in Namibia . In camp there are a couple pair swaro SLC wb, a conquest HD, and a Leupold Mojave HD pro guide. These Toric are head and shoulders the best binocular here.

BTW, Kowas is a must do for anyone heading to Namibia.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
JG,
Thanks for the quick update. Enjoy the last bit of your safari!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1337Fungi, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,321
Posts18,468,449
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.