Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
52 minutes of a busy signal.....laffin....

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He fiddled around with her until 9:30, never being successful getting his daughter a tag. By then, mine were gone as well. Bummer.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
I was at a small chain store (Big-5), several back in line. They couldn't get the system to work initially and another location of same chain called and said they were also having issues. Finally issued the first tag around 9:20. When I got to the counter at 9:45 or so, the tags I really wanted were gone. Did get one that had started with 101 available when the games began.

Anyone else have success at a non-CPW retail location right at 9:00? (Just wondering if the hiccup was with Big-5, or CPW...again.)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I tried for these about 15 years ago and decided that if I can't buy one off my laptop, I don't want one bad enough to put up with that crap.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Total fiasco here too... Second guy in line took over 1/2 hour, I wanted to punch him in the ear. I finally managed to get a pair of antelope late season doe tags, so the boy and I will have some fun at Christmas.

There's no word in the English Language that can accurately describe this process..... though the Germans have come close with the word: Klousterfuuken....

You better pray to the God of Skinny Punks that this wind doesn't pick up......
IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
About 20 people at a local Walmart.I was #12. Took about 45 minutes. I got my 2nd deer and 2nd antelope tag. System seemed to work good but same thing ,lot of sold outs and re-neter

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Where I was at the problem seemed to be people didn't have their CID with them.. Then the tags they wanted wasn't available they would stand their looking for other tags wtf. So much for prior planning

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It was a total joke at wally world. Everything you guys reported: machine down, people not prepared, no hunter ed card, machine printer was jammed, guys shopping for codes, plain and simple it caused the line to be 5 times larger and slower.

I was trying to get an usually easy to get doe tag, 2 guys before bought one, and when it was finally my turn it was sold out.

Total time spent in line, was 65 minutes before 9am, and then 80 minutes in the line. I was 18th in line. At least 5 guys left the line when the tag they were hoping for was sold out.

Had I been serious I should have done it differently.

I thought it was an easy tag, there were near 100 of them on the list for that unit. I figured 18th in line would get it done. But I did not account for the time waste/ time suck that each guy would have with the "code shopping" trying 5+ codes out for each species.

On the plus side, the DOW has traditionally and consistently fubar-ed this license thing for many years, so I really expected some major issue- and should be accustomed to disappointment by now.

Oh well. I tried and failed big time.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
So you guys that went to Walmart....were they able to start issuing at 9:00 or was there a 10-15 minute lag until they issued the first tag? The retailer I went to had a lag when they were getting "funny" codes and I'm not sure if it was on the CPW side or the retailer's (Big-5) side.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
A guy got the unit 61 1st rifle elk tag from the Fruita Coop this morning. I imagine the snags were more with people than with the system. what's your CID #? etc.

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
My buddy strolled into the Colorado Springs DOW on his lunch break, no one was in line and he got the last turkey tag for the unit he wanted.

Go figure!

Despite my user name, no I am not from Texas.........

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I was at our local Safeway store. It worked right away at 9:00 and the two first guys in line were ready, had their previous license and it took two minutes tops each for them to get their tags. Then the guy in front of me with his xeroxed info for his daughter fouled everything up. The clerk was VERY good, but the dumbass had her enter in 5 different 1-only units for deer and it all had to be donr manually. I'm pretty sure I would have gotten both my cow tag and deer tag had he not fouled me up.

He had a much right as I did to be there in line, I just wish he would have had her CID and it would have been done in 4-5 minutes instead of 20+.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
4 hrs and 15mins of a busy signal......

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by joshf303
4 hrs and 15mins of a busy signal......

Yep ridiculous !

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The Walamart I went to started to type info in about 5 till nine.

I don't understand the CID problem because they only need to swipe your driver's license and all the info comes up.

Of the 20 or so inline,I didn't see one person furnish a CID.

There was an older gent working one of the machines that was typing like me. One finger and he took a while with each one.The gal beside him processed 4-5 tags to his one.

Yes there were a few in line with 4-5 choices that didn't end up with any tag.
My neighbor got the single cow tag that was left over left over for Unit 54 though .Probably it was a turned in tag.

I imagine anyone who went to an agent or CPW office at noon, encountered any lines.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry you guys (and gals and others) had so many problems.

Didn't bother to go as there were 1,238 cow tags for the unit I wanted. Last year there were tags left over into October, which allowed Daughter #1 to get a resident license instead of a non-resident.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
saddlesore

Maybe you need CID# to get a license for someone else such as a daughter, son, wife, etc.

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
made well over 1000 calls between 5 of us, got through once and then got disconnected. Updated the list a little later and found out pretty much every Elk Archery tag was going. Had my hopes up for nothing! If they do this again, i guess I will have to take a vacation to Colorado that week!

No more returned tags will pop up since it's less then 30 days til season???

“One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it" -Jose Ortega y Gasset

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Nhunt46051
made well over 1000 calls between 5 of us, got through once and then got disconnected. Updated the list a little later and found out pretty much every Elk Archery tag was going. Had my hopes up for nothing! If they do this again, i guess I will have to take a vacation to Colorado that week!

You can still buy otc archery tags, unless you guys were after something specific

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by Nhunt46051

You can still buy otc archery tags, unless you guys were after something specific

Ya, that's been the plan all along, but was excited to try and pick up one of these limited tags. It's been a learning process as we figured out the area we wanted to hunt (24) was part of the draw a day to late to sign up. Nonetheless still excited for our first Elk hunt, and plan on trying out 34.

“One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted. If one were to present the sportsman with the death of the animal as a gift he would refuse it" -Jose Ortega y Gasset

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1eyedmule, 1beaver_shooter, 222ND, 12344mag, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,527 guests, and 1,269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,176
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.