Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
RAAK Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I called Marks and they didn't have one. I'm going to order one here soon. I thought about a Schmidt fixed power or a FX3 6x42 but I think the Swarovski is going to be just right. I'm glad some Alabama boys came in because they know what I'm talking about. The last 5 min on Jan 31st (now Feb 10) is why you put a good scope on your gun.

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
RAAK,
You might try talking to CameralandNY. SEE if they will let you order both reticles to review and return one undamaged of course.

On a side note if you are in the north alabama region I would be happy to let you look at a Swarovski with the older #4 reticle.

DM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep,

Be glad to let him look at my scopes if he is in SW Alabama.

R
RAAK Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I live in Collinsville but I work in Fort Payne. I will call cameraland and see about that. I've heard lots of good things about them.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You can't beat the people at Cameraland. The best in the buisness.

IC B2

R
RAAK Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
So now another question. Do you think the 50mm Z3 is too big for this rifle. I understand exit pupil and am definitely putting a 1" tube on it but now my decision is between the 42mm and 50mm. I don't think the 50 will fit with Talley lows but I may need mediums to not be able to see the suppressor in the scope.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RAAK
So now another question. Do you think the 50mm Z3 is too big for this rifle. I understand exit pupil and am definitely putting a 1" tube on it but now my decision is between the 42mm and 50mm. I don't think the 50 will fit with Talley lows but I may need mediums to not be able to see the suppressor in the scope.

Why 50MM?To me all it does is make the scope look big and clunky.I personally think the handling characteristics of a rifle are changed by a scope with a big clunky bell.It may not matter if you sit on a stand,but for actually stalking and hiking you can`t beat a smaller bell.Another thing is I do not believe you get much more shooting time if any from the big bell scopes.JMHO but you have to get what trips your trigger.Huntz

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by RAAK

Why 50MM?To me all it does is make the scope look big and clunky.I personally think the handling characteristics of a rifle are changed by a scope with a big clunky bell.It may not matter if you sit on a stand,but for actually stalking and hiking you can`t beat a smaller bell.Another thing is I do not believe you get much more shooting time if any from the big bell scopes.JMHO but you have to get what trips your trigger.Huntz

A swarovski Z3 1" tube scope may be a lot of things but clunky. It weighs less then 15 oz and it has one of the sleekest objectives of any 50 mm scope with only the Kahles models rivaling it .

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have the standard plex in mine and find it about right for everything. Both long range and close works great. Even with the 50mm objective it is a pretty slender scope and looks great on my ULA .260

Lefty C

R
RAAK Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
We hunt out of stands most of the time. We do some man drives from time to time though. Leupold 50mm scopes are the standard at our club. I just wanted something better. It's all on hold now though bc I shot it one time after my form 4 came back and the bolt was so tight I could hardly chamber a round. I shot it one time just to hear the suppressor and it's back at Kimber now to get fixed. I hope that after this it's a good rifle bc if it's not it will be sold for something else. The finish is great but the bolt is not smooth at all and very tight chambering a round. I hope I didn't make a $1500 Kimber mistake. When it comes back I hope I can order both from cameraland and see if the 50mm is too big or just right. Thanks for your replies.

IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 68 invisible), 3,138 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,774
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.