Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by speedsixman
If you visit the Cincy area, be sure to check out Jungle Jims foods. All manner of international and weird stuff. They are in the fringe suburbs IIRC.

Visited at least once a month while in college. always took a couple hours to get through. Six aisles of hot sauce. An entire section of adult themed hot sauces. A 6oz bottle of hot sauce that cost $2k.

A wine area the size of a normal grocery store. Walk in cigar humidor. Products from all over the world. Legend I heard is Jim made his money on smuggling cocaine in food shipments. But maybe that was what us college kids said...

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Given your apparent attitude about country folks, I'd suggest someplace already full of people fleeing the Left Coast, Colorado perhaps.

Fine. I'll move to Mt. Carroll, IL. cry

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
+6 for knoxville, wherever that is.....

Idaho has too many dirt roads, 0 night life, no wimmins, LOTs of us dumb locals.....

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I'm in Bowling Green KY. Fastest growing town in the state with unemployment sub 4%. Great place to live. Housing and land inexpensive. Hunting is good, but land harder to find for lease. Louisville is OK. Prefer Lexington.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Knoxville or Nashville.

If you choose Nashville, live in the northern end out past Gallatin.

Last edited by KFWA; 07/26/16.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by speedsixman
Southwest Ohio would be pretty good. Get within commute distance into Cinci for lots of jobs, shopping etc.
Seems to be a lot of growth, even down into northern KY.
Rush hour traffic is like any other big city, though.
Not as much winter there as in central and northern Ohio, either.

Terrain is rolling and varied, but if you want bfe rugged, just drive to the eastern part of southern Ohio. Poor as a mud hut, though.
Easy drive to Kentucky and Indiana for a change of scenery.
Jeffersonville Outlet Mall is a bit north off I71.

If you visit the Cincy area, be sure to check out Jungle Jims foods. All manner of international and weird stuff. They are in the fringe suburbs IIRC.

Gun laws are pretty good here: not much restriction on anything, and have come a long way in the last 15 years or so.

Not bad for fishing and hunting. LOTS of deer, and a little bit of everything else except bears and hogs. Pretty long bow season for deer. 'Yotes are fair game 24/365 except for deer gun season.

Myron

I live one exit down from the new Jungle Jims

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
Originally Posted by Fireball2
You sound just like the left. Only city people are sophisticated. Toothless chicks in the country. All dirt roads in Idaho, people in Oregon still go to town on horses, no culture anywhere but the city.

Yep, a gen-you-ine city dweller. Is this one of those Yankees Steelhead is so fond of?

Apparently you missed the smiley face.

It would also seem you would like to tell me how to live my life- that you want me to live just like you. How nice. I'll live my life how I like and not how you tell me to since I am in charge of it... and not you. You continue living how you'd like. Thanks for the (complete lack of) contribution to this thread.

ETA: And to everyone else so far, thanks for the input. Looking into Knoxville now... Keep suggestions coming. Thanks!

Pretty comical ain't it, that stupid phugger telling anyone how to live their life.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by slg888
Originally Posted by ratsnakeboogy
Originally Posted by 2muchgun
Originally Posted by MagMarc
Knoxville

First place I thought of.....

X3
X4

X whatever it's up to now

I've spent a month in Knoxville and the surrounding area over the years.

Why Knoxville?

Besides the beautiful country, you're 31 and single. That town has some of the most gorgeous women I have ever seen and unlike other areas of TN, they have teeth and can carry on a conversation.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
The toothless thing was a joke that a few missed. laugh

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Springfield, MO

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by bigfish9684
The toothless thing was a joke that a few missed. laugh

lol

I'm not really joking. Go to a diner in Memphis sometime and when the waitress approaches you, you will no longer wonder why the dentists get food stamps.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I've been to Monroe, WA- the meth capitol of my state. I'm good...

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Scott F
If it were me I would look hard at northern ID.

I wouldn't. Place sucks.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Scott F
If it were me I would look hard at northern ID.

Coeur d'alene is the only N. ID city that comes close to 100k and it falls short. but it is close to Spokane.
lifestyle is what you make it
real estate is popping.
winters can be long but mild.
also the spotting of people of color in n. Idaho is rare

that said .... go east young man go east.

Last edited by deerstalker; 07/26/16.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but how is your sister doing byc?

Hey CFT. Many thanks for asking!! I plan to post an update but for now we are in the clear.

Life for her is now quarter to quarter, which is a big reason for my decision and the post.

Much obliged Sir!!

David

THAT my friend, is good news.

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd look long and hard at how many days a year you actually spend hunting/fishing/outdoors vs. everything else. I pass up fishing daily in a backyard pond for a bigger adventure elsewhere. Steven Rinella lived in Brooklyn and is now your neighbor. I'd say he spends a little time outdoors.

Personally I'd take a badass apartment with nothing to maintain, fix, remodel, mow, yadda, yadda that's close to work (wherever that may end up being) You can make more money, you can make less money. You can't make time, but you can sure save a lot of it by avoiding the remedial bullschit.

Different strokes........

B
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by 16bore
Personally I'd take a badass apartment with nothing to maintain, fix, remodel, mow, yadda, yadda that's close to work (wherever that may end up being) You can make more money, you can make less money. You can't make time, but you can sure save a lot of it by avoiding the remedial bullschit.

Different strokes........

Yup. Not looking to move and buy a house. Be renting for a while, trying out a new part of the country and seeing if I like it. I've got nothing tying me down here, want to try a new area! Going to be making plans to take a trip to probably Knoxville and another area or two in a couple of months. Scope it out.

It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What a fun part of life

My only advice is enjoy it

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I too am tickled pink to hear the great news about David's sis

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fargo......
Or Wisconsin

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

87 members (B52RadarNav, 35, Ashworth, Bigd7378, 11 invisible), 1,419 guests, and 834 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,260
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.