Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by twofish
Don't think "Dani Silva" is on our side haha.

DS has been brainwashed quite well. Probably is speaking at the DNC tonight.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
BP-B2

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.

The Constitution ensures that we can have firearms, but it it also says we should be "well regulated."

The Constitution was written for white men who were landowners and who were "responsible". At the time, it included men who fought duels and it is doubtful they were responsible, only privileged.

While the courts have modified this for modern times, it appears to me firearms should be limited to responsible people through licensing.

For those who fear confiscation, look at the gun control act of 1934. Those folks who comply can own fully automatic weapons, silencers and short barreled weapons. Show me where class III folks have ever been harassed by government if they complied.

By the way, I have been a life member of the NRA since 1966.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KyWindageII
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.

The Constitution ensures that we can have firearms, but it it also says we should be "well regulated."

The Constitution was written for white men who were landowners and who were "responsible". At the time, it included men who fought duels and it is doubtful they were responsible, only privileged.

While the courts have modified this for modern times, it appears to me firearms should be limited to responsible people through licensing.

For those who fear confiscation, look at the gun control act of 1934. Those folks who comply can own fully automatic weapons, silencers and short barreled weapons. Show me where class III folks have ever been harassed by government if they complied.

Dear God, the stupid is astounding.

Read the f'kin' 2A. Then, read it again until you actually understand it.

No doubt you were part of the NRA that sold us out in 1968 and during the 1970s.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

The Constitution ensures that we can have firearms, but it it also says we should be "well regulated." ...

You quite obviously do not know any more about what the phrase "well regulated" means, than you know what "shall not be infringed" means.

The Constitution was "written for old white men?" What utter nonsense.

A "Federal Bureau of Gun Licensing" set up and controlled by Obama or Hillary would surely be a wonderful solution to keeping guns out of the "wrong hands," wouldn't it?

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Would either of you gentlemen like to comment on why we can keep class III weapons?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.....

Im not sure why, but more than ever I pause and ask myself " am I really having this conversation with an adult"?

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Would either of you gentlemen like to comment on why we can keep class III weapons?

because there is revenue in it for .gov

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Would you like to explain how the NFA is NOT an infringement? We are "allowed" to keep Class IIIs because the Feds have infringed upon the 2A and spineless f'ks like you within the NRA have allowed them - in fact aided and abetted them - to do so.

Now, would you like to comprehend what "Full Faith & Credit" means to state licenses and why state control of the 2A is far preferable to a Fed monopoly (hint: 10th Amendment, combined with the 2A)? Would you like to consider what the actual language of the 2A means, and not what you think it means?

Yep, no damned wonder the NRA sold us out in 1968 and throughout the 1970s.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yes you are in the minority.

A [bleep] license will do nothing to keep firearms out of the hands of those bent on mischief.

You are an incredibly stupid person.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For the swiss it's the threat of terrorism. For the US it's the threat of the Enemies Domestic running the regime.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Found the Hillary supporter....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Well regulated in 1789 meant well trained, not under the thumb of the government. The Founding Fathers in their writings made clear their fear of a strong central government with a large standing. Therefore the citizen soldier or militiaman was to be a strong deterrent to keep our government from becoming a brute force like Britain had been.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
I know I am in the minority on the fire, but we need a similar Federal license in the US to cut down on those who really shouldn't have firearms.....

Im not sure why, but more than ever I pause and ask myself " am I really having this conversation with an adult"?

You are speaking to an adult. It is only the children who have stooped to swearing and calling me bad names because that's all they can do.

Surely there are other members of the fire who are tired of the same 15-20 people who dominate it with it with their opinions that the government is bad, their version of the constitution is good, the South was right and we need to return to the gold standard.

We have very serious problems with firearms in this country and what you guys preach isn't helping. I want RESPONSIBLE people to have firearms and that requires checking if they are.

I don't fear the government because the Constitution set up a system of checks and balances, and I figure I am still a part of the government with my vote. To say a president is going to eliminate a part of the constitution without going through state legislatures and the courts is silly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

You are speaking to an adult. It is only the children who have stooped to swearing and calling me bad names because that's all they can do.

Surely there are other members of the fire who are tired of the same 15-20 people who dominate it with it with their opinions that the government is bad, their version of the constitution is good, the South was right and we need to return to the gold standard.

We have very serious problems with firearms in this country and what you guys preach isn't helping. I want RESPONSIBLE people to have firearms and that requires checking if they are.

I don't fear the government because the Constitution set up a system of checks and balances, and I figure I am still a part of the government with my vote. To say a president is going to eliminate a part of the constitution without going through state legislatures and the courts is silly.

So, in other words, you can my address any of the points presented to you. Got it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don't fear the government because the Constitution set up a system of checks and balances, and I figure I am still a part of the government with my vote.

Part of that system of checks and balances is the right of the people to keep & bear arms.

I am part of that government with my vote AND my gun.

...and you are still stupid

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Very serious problems? Such as the homicide rate being at an almost all time low since records started being kept in 1906?

That kind of serious problem?

Or is it maybe that you're just another guy who fell for the mainstream media's paranois and ignorance?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Very serious problems? Such as the homicide rate being at an almost all time low since records started being kept in 1906?

That kind of serious problem?

Or is it maybe that you're just another guy who fell for the mainstream media's paranois and ignorance?

The serious problem is that the US homicide rate is four times the rate of most Western European countries, Australia, New Zealand and Canada, and Eight times the rate of Switzerland where most have firearms and those that do are licensed.

This has nothing to do with paranoia/ignorance just looking at cold hard data available to all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Subtract a certain ethnic factor not as significantly represented in those other countries and then compare homicide rates per capita.

Further subtract the other ethnic factor not significantly present in those other countries and, again on a per capita basis, the US of A starts to look downright peaceful.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Would you care to comment on why you keep watching MSNBC? crazy

[Linked Image]
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I know a lot of "well regulated" men, friends and family that take it upon themselves regularly to maintain a well regulated state.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
574 members (219 Wasp, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 54 invisible), 2,377 guests, and 1,108 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.