Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
about 5 months ago wife and i took in a homeless youngster that was working for me in construction. at first things were fine, he swept floors, mopped, did laundry and washed dishes. wife thought he was a god send.
then he started smoking, then smoking pot, and drinking beer for hours after work and showing up about bed time for us.
Loud, argued about everything and started talking about folks with a contract on him. came to a head last night when my wife said he frightened her. she didn't know i had a loaded 12 gauge laying along side the bed every night.
i can and have put up with borderline's and out right whack jobs,(i am on here right?) but you scare my girl and the door shuts in your face.
we had a come to Jesus talk and he coped an attitude so that sealed it.
he just went down the road.
the db shotgun is still by the bed.
i will give the shirt off my back to the needy but there comes a point when it becomes abuse. won't pass that point.
think i will stick to Dogs as house guests from now on.
Oh yeah. we have 4 empty bedrooms so it seemed a waste not to use one.
think i will convert them to collection rooms. anybody have gun collections to sell? lol

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
You gave him a chance.....then you learned why he was homeless. You tried. That's all you can do. Can't throw them pearls before swine. It don't work.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bless your heart but No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of the "needy" today need a work ethic and basic morals, not one more hand out or excuse for why they are in the state they are in.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Great effort. You can try and have. The ones I tried to help were on Meth and I did not know anything about he drug. Sure learned quickly, they would say anything and still get screwed up and not show up to work for a few days. Always a story.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
deerstalker;
Good evening to you sir and may I say bless you for trying to set the young man on a right course in life.

You did the right thing by drawing a boundary and then making him accountable for his actions - in my opinion and experience.

Hopefully you don't ever need to use the DB, but again kudos for being a careful husband.

All the best to you all for the remainder of the summer sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
he was a hard worker but the mental problems couldn't stay hidden.
think i may get some sleep for the first time in 3 months.

maybe i need my head looked at for letting it go so long.
just trying to practice my Christian beliefs.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's tough. Your intentions were hopeful and it didn't work out. Extending kindness and compassion should never be regretted. It's natural to be disappointed.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Unfortunately, having been down that road twice, both times when I was single, and similar situations a time or two otherwise, I've come to the place where my family is first, and they are the only ones that receive the blessing of the house I provide. Too risky to open yourself up to unstable people. You've worked too hard NOT to be one yourself, so protect what you've worked for, including family.

Related, the Bible teaches us to "Protect your heart, for it is the wellspring of life." Goes along with casting pearls before swine. There's a reason we're to remain guarded and protect ourselves.

LOL
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He knows your schedule and when you come and go.

He knows more than he should know about your home and it's contents.

Expect him to visit....but not while you are in town.

I hate to state the obvious but if you don't have a wireless dvr camera system your upcoming burglary will go without much evidence

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tedthorn

I hate to state the obvious but if you don't have a wireless dvr camera system your upcoming burglary will go without much evidence

Sadly good advice

Doing the right thing isn't always the easy thing

Congrats to you for doing the right thing every step of the way in this situation

Now continue to do the right thing and take teds advice please

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Homelessness these days is almost never a "financial" issue. The average person will get a job or get gov assistance and get a place within a month.

Virtually all homelessness is either due to a mental issue (severe bipolar or schizophrenia) or substance abuse.

Previous poster is right. Go get yourself a simplisafe alarm system, at a minimum, and a couple of cheap wifi motion cameras.

A "normal" person would never come back, but a person with mental and substance abuse issues WILL.....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn

this is of a small concern, but as i don't leave the place much and there is only one way in and out i am not worried much about things. dvr is in place and i have a rider to cover my firearms which most homeowner policies do not cover, so i am only concerned about my wife's welfare. i don't expect him to stay in the area long.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Wouldn't hurt to give him some incentive to leave the area. Could be as simple as a bus ticket to San Francisco, so he could be among his own.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Been down that road twice, and found that people make their own trouble. Parasites, not wanting any rules, and will not change. They gained, I lost.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I know a fellow that let a man, wife, and small kids move in with him while the fellow looked for a job. Wife was nuts and the fellow knew that, before letting them move in, but he felt sorry for the kids.

Wife did something bad wrong (drugs, I think) and they had come to Jesus meeting, but the wife said it wouldnt happen again.

Two weeks later same thing happened and the fellow called the cops and had them evicted, from his house, that he lived in.

Lady said he hit her and filed a lawsuit. Fellow had to go to court 5 or 6 times before the charges were finally dropped, for lack of evidence.

What benchman said about parasites.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No good deed goes unpunished.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Change your door locks.

Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deerstalker
just trying to practice my Christian beliefs.

I advise you stop doing that.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Unfortunately, having been down that road twice, both times when I was single,

This is how documentaries on serial killers usually start.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (257robertsimp, 300_savage, 01Foreman400, 338Rules, 13 invisible), 1,145 guests, and 765 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,058
Posts18,463,237
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.