Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
my brother went through the same thing with a childhood friend of ours a few years ago. let him live in the garage, fed him, took him to church, gave him money to help out around the house and even tracked down jobs for him which he never pursued. bottom line was he was a leech and got angry when his host wasn't feeding him. last we heard was he was in a shelter and boozing and drugging.

you tried to do the right thing. good for you. but some people are just lost causes. you did the right thing both times. he comes sneaking back around, tell him you'll blow his fuggen brains out and and then call the cops and let them know he is not welcome.

My diploma is a DD214
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Many years ago when I worked for a large beverage company one of my supervisors allowed his BIL to move in with him and his wife.
Shortly after that he went out of his way to get him a job with us. First week at job another supervisor found him passed out drunk inside the cooler of a convenience store. He physically threw the BIL out of his house that day.

Last edited by Jericho; 07/27/16.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by deerstalker
he was a hard worker but the mental problems couldn't stay hidden.
think i may get some sleep for the first time in 3 months.

maybe i need my head looked at for letting it go so long.
just trying to practice my Christian beliefs.

You and I differ, no one gets to be in my home at night or anywhere near my girls, certainly not someone that is not blood.

I do not give a toss if they are bleeding to death in the gutter, my girl's security comes first.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by deflave

I advise you stop doing that.

Dave

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

It is not hard to spot those with life experience.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Reminds me of countries letting in Muslims. I don't understand the OP or countries doing it, but I guess the PC thing to do is say 'Good going, at least you tried'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, we kinda kinda find ourselves in a similar, although much less scary, situation. Our 21 year old nephew is "staying" with us while he "gets his feet on the ground" after finding a job here while on a house hunting trip with his parents (my sister and BIL). They are planning to move this way after they get their current house sold. Anyway, nephew is starting to get on my nerves after 4 months. We (mostly my bride) have to jar his butt out of bed to get to his job. He is basically a slob. Has to be asked to do anything around the house and comes home on an unknown schedule. He is far from being a self-starter in any facet of his life. I could keep going on and on, but you are probably already bored with this. All in all, he is a good kid (really), I guess I'm just getting to old to be raising a youngster who could easily be my grandson.

When the time is right, he will be the last one.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Simple answer to freeloaders and lazies!! Get out don't come back until you have your own place! Then dinner is on you. Family is like fish, after three days they stink. I learned this lesson in the 60's when old friend and family wanted to stay for a week. Turned into what's for dinner and I don't much care for that food. Can you front me some gas money!! Get the fugg out azzhole. After the first time it becomes easy to say. By the way family is worse!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Leopards don't change their spots.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Knew a girl who was dating a dead beat and allowed him to move in he became attached to the couch and was verbally abusive to her for less than a week. Her brother drug him out of the apartment and beat him senseless in front of the neighbors.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jericho
Knew a girl who was dating a dead beat and allowed him to move in he became attached to the couch and was verbally abusive to her for less than a week. Her brother drug him out of the apartment and beat him senseless in front of the neighbors.

And she was back to fugking him a month later?

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Actually she hooked up with another loser who treated her the same.....

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Dave

can't and wont. it is the only thing that separates me from being the same as the ones we are talking about.
i am not better but i have help in curbing that side of me.

at least i am not a democrat!

Last edited by deerstalker; 07/27/16.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Also, there's a secret rule that you can't kick people out "who live" in your house without a court order.

abusus non tollit usum
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
about 5 months ago wife and i took in a homeless youngster that was working for me in construction. at first things were fine, he swept floors, mopped, did laundry and washed dishes. wife thought he was a god send.
then he started smoking, then smoking pot, and drinking beer for hours after work and showing up about bed time for us.
Loud, argued about everything and started talking about folks with a contract on him. came to a head last night when my wife said he frightened her. she didn't know i had a loaded 12 gauge laying along side the bed every night.
i can and have put up with borderline's and out right whack jobs,(i am on here right?) but you scare my girl and the door shuts in your face.
we had a come to Jesus talk and he coped an attitude so that sealed it.
he just went down the road.
the db shotgun is still by the bed.
i will give the shirt off my back to the needy but there comes a point when it becomes abuse. won't pass that point.
think i will stick to Dogs as house guests from now on.
Oh yeah. we have 4 empty bedrooms so it seemed a waste not to use one.
think i will convert them to collection rooms. anybody have gun collections to sell? lol

If he can afford to buy pot and booze, he can afford his own apartment. Just something I have noticed over more than a few years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This reminds me of the thread discussing hunting with a round in the chamber and 2legit2quits comment the only hunting buddies of his that he trusted with a round in the chamber were those that carried their rifles with an empty chamber.

The same thing with house guests. The only folks you can trust to respect you and your house already have their own housing.

I have no trouble helping those is need at soup kitchens and other venues. But my wife’s professional interaction with these folks leads me to believe that at best one in a hundred bums will turn their life around when given a helping hand. The other 99 will be ungrateful for the help they are given and just expect more.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jericho
Actually she hooked up with another loser who treated her the same.....

That was the sound of me falling out of my chair.

Clark

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Unfortunately, having been down that road twice, both times when I was single,

This is how documentaries on serial killers usually start.

Dave

Who could forget about this thread
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10791439

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I miss that guy!

Dave

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Dave

can't and wont. it is the only thing that separates me from being the same as the ones we are talking about.
i am not better but i have help in curbing that side of me.

at least i am not a democrat!

Then stop whinging and bitching about your decisions you idiot wanker.

You made your bed now lay in it and stop bothering the rest of humanity.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Growing up, my dad had a wooden plaque on the wall that read like this . . .

Fish and visitors smell in three days.

Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1736
US author, diplomat, inventor, physicist, politician, & printer (1706 - 1790)

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (007FJ, 17CalFan, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,082 guests, and 1,070 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.