Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Has anyone posted this before? TTAG put a bunch of triggers of a computer graph actuator doohickey and directly compared the amount of take-up, creep, weight, break and reset on charts to directly compare them to each other.

It's interesting that they also put a few bolt gun triggers on the machine to compare them to the AR triggers.

These are all single stage AR triggers. So in a few days when we get another "which trigger should I buy" thread we at least have a reference for single stage triggers.

SINGLE STAGE AR TRIGGER COMPARISON

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
great comparison. bookmarked it. thanks Eric for posting it

by the way what was it someone clled you in another thread?
something about a Austin motorcycle cop? lol

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Vicious lies, I tell ya.

Last edited by Bluedreaux; 07/26/16.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
WOW! Thanks for that. I've been looking at more than a few drop-ins for a couple of builds that are still in the planning stages. This info will help a whole lot!

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I have the Timney in 2 of my AR and I have them in some of my bolt guns. I think they are a very good investment if you are a target shooter and a long range shooter

Loves gun and reloading casting my own bullets
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Thanks for that, I am considering putting a nice trigger in my DD rifle w/ hopes of that helping me be a better shooter. If you could choose any of those for a duty gun which would you consider. I am so confusedgrin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The $99 Rise did better than I would have guessed.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Got the two $99 Rise triggers I ordered on Saturday. Built a lower yesterday (Noveske lower, Spikes enhanced LPK which included the KNS anti-rotation trigger/hammer pins, JP Enterprises silent capture buffer spring, ...). The trigger feels pretty dang good for $99!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
BTE single stage 3 lb good trigger

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The best thing about an ar is the 2 stage trigger. Changing to one stage gets rid of one of the best things about precision shooting a small target at distance in field conditions. At the range with a great rest the single stage is fine. The 2 stage dominates it in the field.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm not so sure cummins. I have an ELF match and it is actually amazing.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
The best thing about an ar is the 2 stage trigger. Changing to one stage gets rid of one of the best things about precision shooting a small target at distance in field conditions. At the range with a great rest the single stage is fine. The 2 stage dominates it in the field.

But all AR's are not intended for shooting small groups at longer distance. I have a couple that are, and they have Geiselle's in them. Others are for more defensive shorter distance shooting - there I prefer a single stage, shorter pull, shorter reset, etc. Up until now I've used factory triggers (LMT, Colt, etc), but these Rise Armaments are pretty dang good and a big improvement from factory for $99.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Only if "in the field" consists of small targets at distance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do you consider heads @ 300 to be "small targets at distance"?

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'll play along....sure.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Mouse heads or elephant heads?

People way over think the trigger thing. Every 2 stage is a single stage once you hit the wall. I've tried a few single stage triggers and just didn't care for what most thought to be a great trigger.I'm happy with 2 stages in the field or even when trying to shoot fast with a red dot, it just works.

But I'm pretty sure there are some good or even great single stage triggers out there now. Thing is you can't read about one and decide it's the best for you, only pulling the trigger will let you know which is best.

Heck I have one G2S that just sucks compared to my other 4 but stuff still dies.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
We didn't shoot IDPA that much over the years, but a fair bit. I don't ever recall really being on the loosing end when it came to using an AR.

I never owned one that didn't have a 2 stage trigger in it.

Now I won't argue that top of the line shooters should use what works best for their sport and I realize that action shooting might be better served with a single stage.

Though I've shot a few matches at even longer distances where it was fire as fast as you can, hits count, misses don't.... and I don't recall being at a loss there and generally at the head of the pack as I really loved those matches....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
What's funny is most of what anyone uses in a bolt rifle is single stage triggers, and somehow they are good enough for that but not an AR?!?! Yeah you can't go below ~3-3.5lbs but that's very little more (if any) than my hunting rifles (2 3/4-3lbs). I personally can shoot pretty dam good with a 3lb trigger, and except for trying to squeeze out the last small fraction of an inch off groups I prefer a single stage at abt 3lbs. I totally understand the desire for the 2 stage for a match rifle or even in the field if that's your preference, it's just not my preference. To each their own!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I set my 52D bolt action single stage trigger at 8 oz. I'd go to 4 if the trigger would hold it.

You can set an AR 2 stage trigger at 16-24 oz.

Politics is War by Other Means
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by TXRam
What's funny is most of what anyone uses in a bolt rifle is single stage triggers, and somehow they are good enough for that but not an AR?!?! Yeah you can't go below ~3-3.5lbs but that's very little more (if any) than my hunting rifles (2 3/4-3lbs). I personally can shoot pretty dam good with a 3lb trigger, and except for trying to squeeze out the last small fraction of an inch off groups I prefer a single stage at abt 3lbs. I totally understand the desire for the 2 stage for a match rifle or even in the field if that's your preference, it's just not my preference. To each their own!

The nations best bolt gun shooters that I know personally, use 2 stage triggers.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 204guy, 222ND, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 37 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 1,101 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,464
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.