Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,601 of 1,842 1 2 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1841 1842
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
If we get a normal winter I'll be out there every weekend regardless. I'm very flexible, If a trip happens I should be able to set up wherever it may be.

Something clever here.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I'm thinking we should plan a trip but stay in a hotel, and fish where, when, how long, and what we want. I do appreciate gopher doing some leg work tho. Bushy has a big place, we should all be able to stay there. Especially if he's gone to a basketball tourney

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I would agree with Tom since I just sold my Ice Castle. When you start talking day houses/cabins, sleeper houses etc. that price tag escalates quickly.

I think we have enough experience/connections on this thread to put us on fish so I'm not too worried about that.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I dunno. I smell trouble.

Anytime a bunch of 'sotans get together there's mayhem. As soon as somebody pops the top of a Grainbelt, the smart talkin' starts. Then somebody gets the munchies and the next thing ya know, there's a hotdish (not sure what's in it but it has to have tater tots and cheese) sitting in the middle of the table along wit some lefse and lutefisk. Flatulence abounds.

Then somebody gets the grand idea to go down to Bemidji and steal Paul Bunyan's ax. Of course, there's always the guy who's had a bit too much GB and tries to have relations with Babe the Blue Ox.

More smart talk about da tirty pointer that got away and da nordern dat was over 50" who musta slipped da hook. Also much smart talk about the Vikings, Twins, and missing the NorthStars; of which, the common theme is the championships that got away.

Finally someone drops a line in the hole and everyone seems to go home with walleye limits and a headache. There'll be pics of these fish and the men who were there, but no one will really know the whole story.

grin

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Fine....you can come too.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CharlieFoxtrot
I dunno. I smell trouble.

Anytime a bunch of 'sotans get together there's mayhem. As soon as somebody pops the top of a Grainbelt, the smart talkin' starts. Then somebody gets the munchies and the next thing ya know, there's a hotdish (not sure what's in it but it has to have tater tots and cheese) sitting in the middle of the table along wit some lefse and lutefisk. Flatulence abounds.

Then somebody gets the grand idea to go down to Bemidji and steal Paul Bunyan's ax. Of course, there's always the guy who's had a bit too much GB and tries to have relations with Babe the Blue Ox.

More smart talk about da tirty pointer that got away and da nordern dat was over 50" who musta slipped da hook. Also much smart talk about the Vikings, Twins, and missing the NorthStars; of which, the common theme is the championships that got away.

Finally someone drops a line in the hole and everyone seems to go home with walleye limits and a headache. There'll be pics of these fish and the men who were there, but no one will really know the whole story.

grin
Dammit CFT, you owe me a keyboard-and a screen!

Oh yah-sure-you-betcha! Us crazy Minnysotans! Incidently I heard Babe's been walkin' kind of fuuny ever since Deflave came through.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So it sounds like more of a DIY trip, and that's fine with me. I don't have a decent fish house, so I may have to grace one of you guys with my presence in yours. The pleasure will be all yours, of course. This is gonna be fun.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay, so going with the DIY theme, I've got a two propane heaters and a portable stand up grill and camp stove I can bring. I've got two fishhouses, but both are a little worse for the wear. One got chewed up by the mice and is more "patch" than fabric. The other one has a bad zipper on it, so if possible, I'd like to squat in someone else's shelter. I'll get my carb rebuilt again on the auger, so it will be ready to go. I've got a few extra ice rods if anybody needs stuff like that.

Anybody got preferences on a cheap hotel up there and a good spot to fish out of?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Lake road lodge just north of Baudette may be a good choice then if you want to do a DYI trip. Its a motel, has fish cleaning house. Its close to the lake, the road out, or you can use several roads in the area, zipple has a road out, cyrus and morris have a road north and the big one out of the east that Adrians maintains. I fished off adrians road last year and they do a fine job, they also do offset roads and plow spots all over for houses to pull in as well. And if its DYI, you have all the resorts can eat at if you want or even evening entertainment as well. Just finished with BBAll this past Monday in Mpls Tom. This was daughgters last AAU tournament for a while and I am wiped out. 2 weeks ago we were in Chicago playing for 5 days, That was an amazing tournament. 544 Teams from all over the US.

It is a silly fish that is caught twice with the same bait!
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Incidently I heard Babe's been walkin' kind of fuuny ever since Deflave came through.....

"Winkleman" or "The Blue Ox"

IC B3

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by BuschPilot
544 Teams from all over the US.

Holy Crap! I can't even wrap my head around that!

How's she doing with BBall Buschy?

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Anybody got preferences on a cheap hotel up there and a good spot to fish out of?

AmericInn. They have a fish cleaning house, free breakfast, and a hot tub.

Last edited by tzone; 07/26/16.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
There was 62 courts going at once in the Mcormick Place on the shores of Lake Michigan last week when we were there. Even seen the Womens OLympic coach there watching. She has been doing great. Taking about a month off now. she's been playing since last September pretty much. Theres also the Walleye Inn in Baudette which is owned by riverbend resort. Or SPortsmans does have whats called hotel rooms or a nice CHalet Cabin that sleeps a lot and aren't bad priced.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by tzone
Incidently I heard Babe's been walkin' kind of fuuny ever since Deflave came through.....

blush

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Linders hideaway resorts. 48 bucks per person per night. Sleeps 6 they got one little bigger sleeps more. Another place Long Point Resort there website is not to great. More structure over there.

One year at Zipple Bay resort we stayed at an outpost cabin place was huge i think we got like 10 guys in there plenty of room dont know if that is still around or not.

Hope this helps.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Linders is a nice little spot as well. Nestled between Cyrus and Morris Point access. You just have to decide on your dates fairly soon as a lot of these places book up quick after the 20th of December for sure.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You'll have to ask Deflave......

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

AmericInn. They have a fish cleaning house, free breakfast, and a hot tub.
The hot tub sounds good after a long day on the ice catching fish for everyone else.....

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okay guys, so lets start working on some kind of consensus. I think we need to establish a deadline. What say we decide the place we'll stay and the weekend we go, within the next two weeks and get things booked? The longer we talk about it, the harder it's going to be to nail this down.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it's going to be hard to commit this far out. are spouses allowed, or is it a guys only weekend?

I only ask because mama and I aint had a honeymoon yet, I figured maybe I could count this as it.... laugh

and I do have a nice portable house that fits 2 people, auger, rods, tackle etc.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Page 1,601 of 1,842 1 2 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1minute, 270wsmnutt, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,209
Posts18,466,141
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.